The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

Just now, devlman said:

Tatar and Tarasenko in the top 6 would mean someone like a Sharangovich/Bratt on the 3rd line will get to feast on 3rd pair defenses. 

The depth on our team looks better and better. It’ll allow Holtz, Mercer, etc..to develop at the optimal pace.

Agreed. I think Bratt especially would dominate against a 3rd pair defense. 

yeah i mean i'm not sure if landing Tatar necessarely take us out of the Tarasenko dirby. Didn't cost us any assets and it's buying us time until Holtz, Mercer and other guys win their spots

This is a better lineup than we had last year. Not sure about that 4th line though. But with Holtz, Thompson, Clarke etc knocking on the door it might push other guys down our lineup to balance lines a bit better

Tatar - Hughes - Tarasenko

Zacha - Hischier - Sharangovich

Kuokkanen - McLeod - Bratt

Foote - Boqvist - Johnsson

Graves - Hamilton

Smith - Severson

Siegenthaler - Subban

Blackwood

Bernier

Edited by SterioDesign

Perfect deal for Sharangovich…depending on how he develops, he’s a guy who becomes a permanent part of the core, or who gets traded for a 2nd-rounder and something else…basically, the Devils would be discarding an expendable, instead of bringing one in.

Obviously rooting heavily for him to work out.  Nothing more fun than watching kids turn into key players…and being there for those greener pastures.  

• Like 2

Fitz is doing a great job. If the young players come in and continue to take the next step then we are playoff bound.

Also, I don’t think any other team in our division has actually improved over last season. Some have actually regressed (CBJ, NYR, Isles (for now), Bruins)

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

Fitz is doing a great job. If the young players come in and continue to take the next step then we are playoff bound.

Also, I don’t think any other team in our division has actually improved over last season. Some have actually regressed (CBJ, NYR, Isles (for now), Bruins)

Boston isn’t in our division anymore though; it’s back to the pre-Covid divisions next year. 

• Like 1

From all i did read and from what i did listen from Fitz personally, he did want to add Hamilton, Graves, Bernier, Saad. Everything wasnt goin like in beautiful saga, he did sign tatar instead of saad. I`m ok with that. I like length of the deal. Tatar isn`t good 200-foot player, but he is good offensive player. It`s a good deal and his sign and sign of Sharangovich can help with Zacha\Bratt negotiations next year. 
And i really like Fitz didnt spend prospects for injury prone Tarasenko.