The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That's because facebook is a cesspool of truck-selfie neckbeards. I don't have to say it for the lulz: The Devils should only allow fully vaccinated people in their arena. New Jersey is 64% vaccinated; why pander to the uneducated minority? 

Yeah in all truthfulness I do think the Devils should have the vaccinated/72-hour test policy that a lot of other teams have.  I don't know why they want to play with fire like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

You can always stay home

I very well might, also not the least bit surprised this comment comes from you. Absolutely shocking. 

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

For for the lulz, I posted in one of the Devils FB groups that I think Devils should only allowed vaccinated people.  Got plenty of unpleasant reactions lol.

I'm vaccinated FWIW.

That's the same group that wants tickets for next to nothing from the team or other season ticket holders. They are the vocal minority the team shouldn't be catering too. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Maybe the people who say "HURR DE DURR I DONT WANT TO PUT ANYTHIN INTO MY BODY THAT I DONT TRUST" while smoking a pack of cigarettes and drinking monster energy drinks should be the ones that have to "always stay home". 

1) I read that in the official “hurr de durr” voice and I know you know exactly what I mean. 

2) Hold aside the alcohol and cigarettes, how about the medications and numerous other vaccines they have taken which they have NO IDEA of the contents. Like they’re some kind of pharmaceutical engineers that know what even OTC medications contain. 

Bottom line, if you want to get rid of this thing, people need to be protected from it, and the vaccine is the way to go. The whole “but you can still get it” argument is ridiculous, because while technically true, your chances are also reduced drastically. 

My theory is, piss people off to the point they have to get it in order to do the things they want to do. I can give two sh!ts whether people who are choosing not to be vaccinated are allowed to eat in restaurants. Or go to hockey games. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That's the same group that wants tickets for next to nothing from the team or other season ticket holders. They are the vocal minority the team shouldn't be catering too. 

I don’t disagree, but this isn’t about season ticket holders. The people they should be listening to are scientists, the CDC, people like that…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t disagree, but this isn’t about season ticket holders. The people they should be listening to are scientists, the CDC, people like that…

Oh absolutely I also meant they are the vocal minority that the team shouldn't be listening to about anything. From a business end they are the ones who will yap about not going cause of mah freedums but they are the ones who weren't spending money to begin with. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Oh absolutely I also meant they are the vocal minority that the team shouldn't be listening to about anything. From a business end they are the ones who will yap about not going cause of mah freedums but they are the ones who weren't spending money to begin with. 

Again, you are associating non-vaccination status with one’s ticket status. I am quite sure there are plenty of unvaccinated season ticket holders who spend plenty of money and are still worried about “mah freedums”. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Again, you are associating non-vaccination status with one’s ticket status. I am quite sure there are plenty of unvaccinated season ticket holders who spend plenty of money and are still worried about “mah freedums”. 

Cleary the Devils most think so since they have been quiet on this. 

I can only speak for my section but I have 4 season ticket holders other than myself all with numerous tickets on their accounts who all want vaccine proof and have been bothering the Devils to institute the policy. Certainly gonna be interesting.

I know I keep bringing this sh!t topic up but we would have been long past this problem if people weren't stupid morons who didn't give a sh!t about one another. I've really been pissed off about this situation lately. 

This is a privately run arena but it's a community event and if you don't care enough about the other members of your community enough to protect yourself and others than you shouldn't get to enjoy a community event such as these. 

I'm done ranting for the day lol

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

That's because facebook is a cesspool of truck-selfie neckbeards. I don't have to say it for the lulz: The Devils should only allow fully vaccinated people in their arena. New Jersey is 64% vaccinated; why pander to the uneducated minority? 

If they allow non-vaccinated people in, I won’t be attending games until they stop. Period, end of story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

My theory is, piss people off to the point they have to get it in order to do the things they want to do. I can give two sh!ts whether people who are choosing not to be vaccinated are allowed to eat in restaurants. Or go to hockey games. 

Bingo. fvck these people. Get vaccinated or stay home and shut up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

Wild win. They taked Best years of Kaprisov. If he will stay on the same level of production- it’s a fair deal, if he will raise- wild in profit. And he will be great partner for Boldy/Rossi. He did make look Rask like a good hockey player.

And if he regresses a bit, Wild lose miserably.  That's a huge commitment for 51 NHL pts in 55 games against 8 teams.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crisis said:

And if he regresses a bit, Wild lose miserably.  That's a huge commitment for 51 NHL pts in 55 games against 8 teams.

If any player regresses a bit - it’s a lose for any real contract. Kaprisov is very young top talented player with better track record in KHL than Jagr has. And he is a key player for the franchise in the next five years.

Edited by Guadana

11 minutes ago, Guadana said:

If any player regresses a bit - it’s a lose for any real contract. Kaprisov is very young top talented player with better track record in KHL than Jagr has. And he is a key player for the franchise in the next five years.

I understand how important he is to them right meow.  Alls I'm saying is that's a lot of dough for very little show.  But the Wild were in a tough negotiating spot.

Idk if anyone posted this here but holy sh!t Jack is honest lol go to 5:40

"You know, last year people were talking about his defense... when you're on one of the worst teams in the division and in the league, that's bound to happen"

I know we're no spring chickens but goddamn I love this kid

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
sp
  • Like 3