The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

Just now, devlman said:

Absolutely. Boqvist looked like he was figuring it out second half of last season. He can absolutely be an effective piece this season.

I think that plus McLeod keeping pasce or improving would be the two things I want to see out of our bottom 6 as currently situated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

#caphellisonlyamyth

you're really, really good at being really, really, really dumb.

that's "can't fit him under the cap". it's not "we cannot afford to re-sign our best players"

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

you're really, really good at being really, really, really dumb.

that's "can't fit him under the cap". it's not "we cannot afford to re-sign our best players"

I wouldn't call him dumb, personally, but that's exactly the distinction that I mentioned he doesn't understand, that he insisted he does understand.

Suffice to say, he does not define "cap hell" the same way we do. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn't call him dumb, personally, but that's exactly the distinction that I mentioned he doesn't understand, that he insisted he does understand.

Suffice to say, he does not define "cap hell" the same way we do. 

Dumb isn’t the right word, because he’s obviously smart.

Maybe he’s just really good at being aggressively, confrontationally incorrect. 

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

As said a couple pages back I also fall into move on from Zajac camp. We'll have plenty of new guys and the younger guys stepping up to make this team their own. No more retreads. 

Let’s also point out that I’m not sure Zajac is even looking to come back. He implied that part of why he left is because the team got so young and he is old and he felt out of place. I don’t think he would be looking to put himself back into that situation. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let’s also point out that I’m not sure Zajac is even looking to come back. He implied that part of why he left is because the team got so young and he is old and he felt out of place. I don’t think he would be looking to put himself back into that situation. 

There is also the possibility that he is considering retirement. He doesn't seem interested in being away from family or uprooting family. It wouldn't shock me to see him an office job with either us or the Isles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

There is also the possibility that he is considering retirement. He doesn't seem interested in being away from family or uprooting family. It wouldn't shock me to see him an office job with either us or the Isles. 

Valid point as well. Having had to struggle to get in the lineup with the Isles, he may not want to deal with that again. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I also started off by saying that I doubt it would happen.  I don't think there's all that much interest on either side...I was more pointing out that he could fill a potential short-term need.

I'm sure there's other solutions there, but not sure Boqvist would be one of them (for what a Zajac-type brings)...he's had almost no time on the PK as an NHLer.  But being that he's not far from his 23rd birthday and is now four seasons removed from his draft year...time to see what he can do, and if he's going to be someone worth keeping (or hopefully ups his value enough to be moved for someone else...think Bergfors doing just enough to be a key piece in Kovy deal). 

One thing I really like about Sterio's roster...apparently gone are the days where the Devils had "young but filler/temporary" guys...the Seneys, the Lappins, the Qs...among others...sure, most of them knew that they may never get as good of a shot to get a look, and for the most part you got a lot of effort from them, but they clearly weren't legit prospects and you knew that the idea was to replace them with better players.  We'll find out which group Boqvist belongs in.  

6 minutes ago, nessus said:

That’s really not a baad deal at all

Yeah I thought it would be for more AAV for sure.  Sterio nailed that one (he had $4.5 million per year in his mock lineup).

Get the feeling Tarasenko to NJ just became that much more of a thing.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He’s not Saad about it. 

Admittedly I was hoping he might be coming here, but can't say I'm maad about it.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Admittedly I was hoping he might be coming here, but can't say I'm maad about it.  

Glaad you aren't too broken up about it. 

Man can we cut the sh!t with no-name losers on twitter posting rumors? It just gets me unnecessarily excited. He’s taking a guess based on tons of legitimate speculation in hopes of looking like an actual “insiderrrrr” if it clicks. 

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Man can we cut the sh!t with no-name losers on twitter posting rumors? It just gets me unnecessarily excited. He’s taking a guess based on tons of legitimate speculation in hopes of looking like an actual “insiderrrrr” if it clicks. 

Sure let's all not post exciting hockey rumours on a hockey message board when we had nothing exciting to post about for years because.... your emotions. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Maybe I just don’t live in a world where the number of followers one has makes them better, but I’ve always just followed “consider the source”, not “block out everyone that I don’t think is reliable”.