Jump to content

The 2021 Offseason Thread


jagknife
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I wasn’t trying to be snarky and I’m not sure why I’m getting snark as a response. 

It makes little sense to me for the Devils to trade a young center for an old winger. Boqvist is likely holding down the 3C role next year unless the Devils bring in someone else. 

If the Devils are giving a roster player, I think it’s likely Kuokkonen. Good young player, promising upside, but sorta in that “man without a position” spot if the Devils fill his role with Tarasenko. I do hope the Devils hold on to Kuok.

My guess will be: 

Mukhmadulin, 2023 3rd round pick, 2024 3rd round pick*

2024 pick becomes a 2nd round pick if Tarasenko plays 75% of NJs games. 

That wasn’t snark. It’s a fact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boqvist is kind of the opposite of Zacha. He’s looked much better at center. Problem is they kept trying him at wing (I’d be interested in the % if anyone knows where to find that). Hopefully they leave him in the middle going forward. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31936843/nhl-rejects-seattle-kraken-deal-goaltender-philipp-grubauer-noting-violation-front-loaded-contract-rules-source-says

 

I can only assume the league will come down with a furious vengeance. Punishment will be swift and sever. Oh they can just restructure it and resubmit it? Cool cool. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't imagine Fitz reaches for Muk and trades him for a risk like Tarasenko.  But then again, I'm awful at valuing trades.

By the way, does no one think that Tyce Thompson comes up and surprises everyone this year?  Personally I think the kid looked rather promising when he was up with the big club.  He had a hell of a motor and I think he certainly out played someone like Merkeley who I think played the same type of role.

His stats from college show that it took him a year to adjust to the game and new competition, but he killed it his second year and was captain, playing at a ppg rate during the covid season.  I think the kid can bounce between the show and the A this season if he doesn't take another step like he showed he can do.

image.png.6560b4bf60170a7beb97e731e0879bbd.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

for Tarasenko i think I would offer Johnsson maybe or/and prospect (depending which prospect) + a 3rd conditional pick that turns into a 2nd if Tarasenko plays X amount of games.

It’s funny…on one hand, I see a proposal like this (and some of the others) and think “Is a guy like Johnsson and some other meh-ish stuff gonna get it done?”  But then I take another look and wonder what Tarasenko‘s actual trade value really is.  It’s not like anyone has stepped up to nab him yet…maybe it really won’t take all that much to take a chance on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s funny…on one hand, I see a proposal like this (and some of the others) and think “Is a guy like Johnsson and some other meh-ish stuff gonna get it done?”  But then I take another look and wonder what Tarasenko‘s actual trade value really is.  It’s not like anyone has stepped up to nab him yet…maybe it really won’t take all that much to take a chance on him.

the big thing is having a team able to take on his full salary so that's helping the take off some value

I see on twitter islanders fans wanting to trade beauvillier for him and other guys. i sure wouldnt do that, they are established nhlers that does pretty well. then its not as much as a good gamble

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Very refreshing how Fitz keeps on saying "but without sacrificing the future" 

It would be too early in the process to do that now.  If they get to a point where it feels like one particular final piece will get them over the hump, I can see Fitz pulling the trigger.  But yeah, glad he’s not trying to force things at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I can't imagine Fitz reaches for Muk and trades him for a risk like Tarasenko.  But then again, I'm awful at valuing trades.

By the way, does no one think that Tyce Thompson comes up and surprises everyone this year?  Personally I think the kid looked rather promising when he was up with the big club.  He had a hell of a motor and I think he certainly out played someone like Merkeley who I think played the same type of role.

His stats from college show that it took him a year to adjust to the game and new competition, but he killed it his second year and was captain, playing at a ppg rate during the covid season.  I think the kid can bounce between the show and the A this season if he doesn't take another step like he showed he can do.

image.png.6560b4bf60170a7beb97e731e0879bbd.png

No, you’re spot on - Tarasenko’s value is not that high where we should be throwing in first round picks from last season. I’d think a mid-level prospect and a 2nd would do it.

Also agree about Thompson. I keep thinking about including him in the trade and then catching myself because he skyrocketed up our prospect list, he was that good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

I can't imagine Fitz reaches for Muk and trades him for a risk like Tarasenko.  But then again, I'm awful at valuing trades.

By the way, does no one think that Tyce Thompson comes up and surprises everyone this year?  Personally I think the kid looked rather promising when he was up with the big club.  He had a hell of a motor and I think he certainly out played someone like Merkeley who I think played the same type of role.

His stats from college show that it took him a year to adjust to the game and new competition, but he killed it his second year and was captain, playing at a ppg rate during the covid season.  I think the kid can bounce between the show and the A this season if he doesn't take another step like he showed he can do.

image.png.6560b4bf60170a7beb97e731e0879bbd.png

Tyce has great raw skills. If you take raw potential in vacuum, Thompson is one of our best prospects. May be top-3. He has skating, he has shot, he is very fast and creative. But he has to put it all together, gain much more weight and muscles. Will he ever be NHL player? May be, may be not, I don`t know. It's a lot of fun to watch him, but it often turns into sympathy, rather than delight. He is nowhere close for bottom six role, he has some kind of tunnel vision, isn`t strong in forechek. And he must to be more consistent for top-6 role. I do really think Devils should try to give him  full year of AHL expirience and than try him in NHL roster. I would try to keep him as long as possible in the system. And I certainly wouldn't trade him for a temporary Tarasenko.

Edited by Guadana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I caught a few (parts of maybe 3) Bingo games at the end of the season when Holtz was playing with Tyce and.. sh!t, I can't think of who their center was but I'm sure someone here can chime in, but they were fun to watch.  Looking at Tyce and Holtz's stat line, they are a bit underwhelming for what I thought I saw, but I guess it was only about 10 games they played together, so maybe they can build on that.  Or maybe it's just a product of playing against only 3 teams that happened to be the top of the league.

Edit: Or maybe they just suck.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I wonder if the Eichel trade is holding this one up.

I think it is. I would say the rangers are stalling everything. As they will eithe make a play for Eichel or Tarasenko. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think it is. I would say the rangers are stalling everything. As they will eithe make a play for Eichel or Tarasenko. 

this isn’t correct though. they won’t make a play for either / or. if they acquire eichel by giving up significant assets (specifically young roster wings) they have a need and a hole for tarasenko.

if they whiff on eichel tarasenko has no place in new york with the way the roster is currently built.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think it is. I would say the rangers are stalling everything. As they will eithe make a play for Eichel or Tarasenko. 

Trade Buchnevich for pennies, acquire Tarasenko for dollars. 

Just NYR logic-- nothing to see here people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have a feeling that Tarasenko will be an Islanders.Things are way too silent for the Islanders. And we know Lou and it's pretty easy to guess what's possibly going on. Lou is trying to make that move but doesn't want Armstrong to know how much wiggle room he has with his cap so he's not announcing his signings like Cizikas, Parise, etc etc

And then he'll announce everything at the same time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i have a feeling that Tarasenko will be an Islanders.Things are way too silent for the Islanders. And we know Lou and it's pretty easy to guess what's possibly going on. Lou is trying to make that move but doesn't want Armstrong to know how much wiggle room he has with his cap so he's not announcing his signings like Cizikas, Parise, etc etc

And then he'll announce everything at the same time

Pelech filed for arbitration so many Lou will send him to the ranch for playing hardball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i have a feeling that Tarasenko will be an Islanders.Things are way too silent for the Islanders. And we know Lou and it's pretty easy to guess what's possibly going on. Lou is trying to make that move but doesn't want Armstrong to know how much wiggle room he has with his cap so he's not announcing his signings like Cizikas, Parise, etc etc

And then he'll announce everything at the same time

 

cap.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.