The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

yeah i mean i'm not sure if landing Tatar necessarely take us out of the Tarasenko dirby. Didn't cost us any assets and it's buying us time until Holtz, Mercer and other guys win their spots

This is a better lineup than we had last year. Not sure about that 4th line though. But with Holtz, Thompson, Clarke etc knocking on the door it might push other guys down our lineup to balance lines a bit better

Tatar - Hughes - Tarasenko

Zacha - Hischier - Sharangovich

Kuokkanen - McLeod - Bratt

Foote - Boqvist - Johnsson

Graves - Hamilton

Smith - Severson

Siegenthaler - Subban

Blackwood

Bernier

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i mean i'm not sure if landing Tatar necessarely take us out of the Tarasenko dirby. Didn't cost us any assets and it's buying us time until Holtz, Mercer and other guys win their spots

This is a better lineup than we had last year. Not sure about that 4th line though. But with Holtz, Thompson, Clarke etc knocking on the door it might push other guys down our lineup to balance lines a bit better

Tatar - Hughes - Tarasenko

Zacha - Hischier - Sharangovich

Kuokkanen - McLeod - Bratt

Foote - Boqvist - Johnsson

Graves - Hamilton

Smith - Severson

Siegenthaler - Subban

Blackwood

Bernier

I like that lineup but my god do I hate that 4th line. 

Kuokkonen was a center before he came here. I think he can handle the 3C role? who knows. You're also forgetting about Wood. 

I'd like to see the Devils send Johnsson packing or let Foote season a little bit more in the AHL (bringing him up to play 4th line minutes is not what I'd want to see for his development.) I'll try adding tarasenko -- 

Tatar-Hughes-Tarasenko
Bratt-Hischier-Sharangovich
Foote-Zacha-Kuokkonen
Boqvist-McLeod-Wood

I also think Zetterlund is a great fit at 4th line. He'd play the same way as McLeod and Wood. Ship Mango + salary retained to whoever wants him for a 3rd or 4th. 

Perfect deal for Sharangovich…depending on how he develops, he’s a guy who becomes a permanent part of the core, or who gets traded for a 2nd-rounder and something else…basically, the Devils would be discarding an expendable, instead of bringing one in.

Obviously rooting heavily for him to work out.  Nothing more fun than watching kids turn into key players…and being there for those greener pastures.  

• Like 2

Fitz is doing a great job. If the young players come in and continue to take the next step then we are playoff bound.

Also, I don’t think any other team in our division has actually improved over last season. Some have actually regressed (CBJ, NYR, Isles (for now), Bruins)

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

Fitz is doing a great job. If the young players come in and continue to take the next step then we are playoff bound.

Also, I don’t think any other team in our division has actually improved over last season. Some have actually regressed (CBJ, NYR, Isles (for now), Bruins)

Boston isn’t in our division anymore though; it’s back to the pre-Covid divisions next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Great off season so far. Is it pronounced Tah-Tar or Tay-tar? I will be mispronouncing it as Tater regardless. 

it’s pronounced 

tomas....

TAH TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well adding Graves, Hamilton and Tatar is already a very successful offseason if you ask me

Don’t underestimate the importance of adding Johnny Bernier to the fold, too. If he looked good in Detroit in front of that dumpster fire, imagine what he can look like behind our slightly-less-smelly slightly-less-conflagrated dumpster fire.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Only if you’re from Boston 🤣🤣

no man! you gotta watch that video sterio (and the devils instagram) posted haha it’s in my head

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Great off season so far. Is it pronounced Tah-Tar or Tay-tar? I will be mispronouncing it as Tater regardless. 

I’m just calling him Tots. 

• Haha 1