The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

7 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

he's gonna take a 5 mil paycut to play in the worlds trashiest arena. i never understand the allure of that trash city. tall building yay! 

Seriously going the the city was fun in my teens/college years because it was a 20 minute PATH ride from my friends place in Hoboken.  You couldn't PAY me to go into the city for no reason nowadays. Whole island smells like piss, especially in th summer. 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

44 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Seriously going the the city was fun in my teens/college years because it was a 20 minute PATH ride from my friends place in Hoboken.  You couldn't PAY me to go into the city for no reason nowadays. Whole island smells like piss, especially in th summer. 

amen. the falafels are good though. nice to visit ,not to ever live in. just how i see the west coast. 

28 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Only good things about manhattan are steak houses, skyline views and driving thru it in the summertime.. After that I can't get out fast enough come 3:30

There's nothing like going into the city during Christmas time.    Forget politics, or whose protesting who, they decorate like it's a full time job.   

Never go in on the days surrounding New years eve.... pretty much the only people in the city on new yr eve are foreigners on vac, or out of staters... or the cops who make a sh!t ton of ot that night 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dam, he would be a fine pick up for a team like ours that desperately needs a top tier defenseman, if we could get him to sign an extension.

Not sure what we'd have to offer to get him.

edit: Subban comes of the books after this season so offer him Subban's money plus another mil if it'll keep him here.  I think he's only going to be 27 so you can offer him something long term too.  I know I'm just dreaming though.

Edited by xxchaznjxx
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I would, he wouldn’t, same story as always lol. 

Oh man, he would be the perfect addition.  I’m clear it would never happen but I would trade for him and make him and offer he can’t possibly refuse 

What’s the price for a dude like him that just has one year left on his deal before UFA because I would give up a lot.   

Columbus seems like they might have to start rebuilding again so picks and prospects?   Holtz + 2022 1st?  

Not for nothing, but wouldn't getting Seth Jones be very similar to what we just did with PK a couple years ago?  PK is a little older, but not by much (Jones is about to be 27, we got PK when he was 30), and their production is pretty close, with PK actually having the edge. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Not for nothing, but wouldn't getting Seth Jones be very similar to what we just did with PK a couple years ago?  PK is a little older, but not by much (Jones is about to be 27, we got PK when he was 30), and their production is pretty close, with PK actually having the edge. 

Seth Jones is FAR better defensively than PK ever was. I would give up quite a bit to get him. And I would probably buy his jersey the day we acquired him. Needless to say I’m a big fan. Living in Ohio I watch the Jackets more than any other team other than the Devils, and he always leaves me impressed (and jealous). 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Seth Jones is nowhere near as good as he'll be paid to be; but my God do I want the Devils to be the ones overpaying him.

Right, in the scheme of guys we could be overpaying, he’s the kind we need. 

• Like 4

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-whats-next-seth-jones-blue-jackets/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true 2. Let’s get into some other news of the week. The Draft Lottery is Wednesday and I’d expect conversation picks up once we know where everyone’s slotted. Columbus will be one to watch now that Seth Jones has informed the Blue Jackets he will not sign an extension at this time and plans to test free agency, as is his right. Two years ago, they held onto Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin in the same circumstances. That was the correct call because the Blue Jackets were at their best, and owed their fans a run to reward them for all the support. I would have done the same thing. 

This is different. The team is coming off a hard season, and their identity is changing. It’s time to build something new, and the return for Jones will be a big part of that. It’s a complex transaction, because unless someone is willing to give up a major package for Jones as a rental, this is essentially a trade and free agency at the same time. But he’s a hell of a player, greatly respected, and there will be a ton of interest. 

I had no idea the lottery was Wednesday. Shows the lack of hype this year.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-whats-next-seth-jones-blue-jackets/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true 2. Let’s get into some other news of the week. The Draft Lottery is Wednesday and I’d expect conversation picks up once we know where everyone’s slotted. Columbus will be one to watch now that Seth Jones has informed the Blue Jackets he will not sign an extension at this time and plans to test free agency, as is his right. Two years ago, they held onto Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin in the same circumstances. That was the correct call because the Blue Jackets were at their best, and owed their fans a run to reward them for all the support. I would have done the same thing. 

This is different. The team is coming off a hard season, and their identity is changing. It’s time to build something new, and the return for Jones will be a big part of that. It’s a complex transaction, because unless someone is willing to give up a major package for Jones as a rental, this is essentially a trade and free agency at the same time. But he’s a hell of a player, greatly respected, and there will be a ton of interest. 

I had no idea the lottery was Wednesday. Shows the lack of hype this year.

No idea it was this Wednesday either. Pretty big day to fly under the radar

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jagknife said:

I am so freaking happy the Leafs choked, again. God it’s a thing of beauty.

I honestly don't know what they have to do now. I know they were missing their captain and leader but they still had a better roster than MTL even without Tavares. Their key guys just didn't get sh!t done. Nylander was amazing and all over the place. But if you're a GM you have to wonder what the fvck do you need to do to get this team to get to the next level, i thought foligno was a good move for that but.

I guess this year a big problem was that they cruise through the season in a very sh!tty division and didn't really face much adversity. And team who had to grind and get points at the end of the season just to get in were already in playoffs mode for awhile. We've seen this happen many many times

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2