The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Would love to see this.  I like Billy Guerin but I'm ok with the karma train running all over the Wild as a result of those Parise/Suter deals years ago.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Would love to see this.  I like Billy Guerin but I'm ok with the karma train running all over the Wild as a result of those Parise/Suter deals years ago.

Yeah whatever happens happens, but I won’t lose any sleep if he leaves and goes back to Russia lol

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

So many:

1) Is that one of those programs where they give a bunch of homeless kids free Yankees tickets?

2) In Fairness, Ty is wearing a girl’s shorts. 

3) Why is Justin Bieber there wearing a windbreaker?

As a Devils fan I'd much rather the Wild sign Kaprizov to a major deal than have him go spend a few summers in the KHL and eventually sign a sweetheart deal to join his comrades Shesterkin, Panarin and Kravstov in New York.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

As a Devils fan I'd much rather the Wild sign Kaprizov to a major deal than have him go spend a few summers in the KHL and eventually sign a sweetheart deal to join his comrades Shesterkin, Panarin and Kravstov in New York.

Who knows, by then maybe it's the DEVILS that are the more attractive destination...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

I'm pretty sure Guerin is just keeping the seat warm for Shero now. Losing Kaprisov would definitely rush that along 

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm pretty sure Guerin is just keeping the seat warm for Shero now. Losing Kaprisov would definitely rush that along 

Good news for Shero...Minnesota currently has all of its second-round picks 😉

Minnesota Wild Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

You pretty much summarized my feelings.  I still enjoy watching Minnesota suffer.

Probably not healthy to hold grudges this long.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You pretty much summarized my feelings.  I still enjoy watching Minnesota suffer.

I don't have anything against anyone involved really (though I can't say I love Parise and Suter talking about joining forces during the Devils' playoff run, but not like no one else has never done that before).  And Guerin was always very "me me me"...he was all about getting every last dollar that he could, in playing for eight organizations (and never appearing in more than 216 games for any of them, with the exception of the Devils)...that's his right and I'm not judging him for it, but he's now finding out what it's like to be a GM and having to deal it from the other side.  

But, how did Minnesota think this was going to turn out, re:  Parise and Suter?  Signing TWO players to 13-year contracts, starting with their Age 28 seasons?  Parise already had 502 regular season games under his belt, and Suter had 542.  Sure, if you win a Cup or two, you live with what you'll have to do later...but it's a good thing that the CBA prevents these kinds of contracts, because you can be sure that GMs would still be recklessly doling them out.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't have anything against anyone involved really (though I can't say I love Parise and Suter talking about joining forces during the Devils' playoff run, but not like no one else has never done that before).  And Guerin was always very "me me me"...he was all about getting every last dollar that he could, in playing for eight organizations (and never appearing in more than 216 games for any of them, with the exception of the Devils)...that's his right and I'm not judging him for it, but he's now finding out what it's like to be a GM and having to deal it from the other side.  

But, how did Minnesota think this was going to turn out, re:  Parise and Suter?  Signing TWO players to 13-year contracts, starting with their Age 28 seasons?  Parise already had 502 regular season games under his belt, and Suter had 542.  Sure, if you win a Cup or two, you live with what you'll have to do later...but it's a good thing that the CBA prevents these kinds of contracts, because you can be sure that GMs would still be recklessly doling them out.  

I disagree only in that I believe GMs should police their own conduct rather than having the CBA do it. If your GM is reckless enough to do it (and honestly, most were), then they have to live with the consequences. 

But that’s me, I hate the cap and am in favor of a free market. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I disagree only in that I believe GMs should police their own conduct rather than having the CBA do it. If your GM is reckless enough to do it (and honestly, most were), then they have to live with the consequences. 

But that’s me, I hate the cap and am in favor of a free market. 

I agree with you, but the problem is that they can't fvcking control themselves, ever.  Then you get Count Von Count with his wormy lil' voice whining about cost certainty (caused directly by his GMs' reckless spending), and it's the fans (and the employees who depend on the NHL actually playing games) who get screwed in the end.  But at least we get "THANK YOU FANS!" painted underneath the ice, so I guess that's something.     

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

Yeah I’m not really worried about that happening. Not in the near future anyway.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I agree with you, but the problem is that they can't fvcking control themselves, ever.

No, they can’t. You KNOW deals like the ones Parise and Suter signed would still be being doled out by GM’s if the CBA didn’t outlaw them. And the main reasons are 1). the GM and the team want to make an immediate splash, and 2). the GM knows he won’t be there 13 or 14 years down the road (or probably even 10) to deal with the contract when it gets ugly; they know that’ll be someone else’s problem. So yeah- good on the NHL for putting an end to that garbage. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:
4 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That’s why we called him Dollar Bill. 

• Like 1