The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Unless we can sign one of Mrazek, grubauer, ullmark, anderson, rask, bernier or Reimer, etc You'd think that this is something we'd look into. The list of goalies available to Seattle is ridiculous

Devils retain Subban and bring in Carey Price, @SterioDesignquits being a hockey fan to focus on movie memorabilia. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't mind Price. He can be a good goalie at times, he's just too expensive. I do can't stand Subban at all times tho

my new favorite quote to sum up SD:

”I do can’t stand Subban at all times tho.”

sometimes it really do be that way 

10 minutes ago, devlman said:

Hoping that by the end of today we are minus Johnsson and plus Tarasenko!

I'm still not sold on Tarasenko's health. But worth a shot, especially if its a Johnsson replacement. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm still not sold on Tarasenko's health. But worth a shot, especially if its a Johnsson replacement. 

Worst case scenario, he gets LTIR'd, comes back for the playoffs and leads the tournament in scoring, right?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Hard no to Tarasenko.  Guy just seems like he's too banged up.  

Seattle are not picking tarasenko, it just leaked.

They are picking Fleury from MTL and McCann from Toronto.

Like the Vegas draft. i suspect we'll have the whole list by the time it's actually the draft. it's always leaking through the day

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hard no to Tarasenko.  Guy just seems like he's too banged up.  

Take it with a pinch of salt because there’s bias involved but there was a recent article with Tarasenko’s latest surgeon who said his shoulder is better than ever now. If healthy, Tarasenko is going to have a massive chip on his shoulder.

54 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

When can we sign Landeskog and Hamilton?

Starting to get that oh-so-familiar sinking feeling again.  The one that comes around every July 1st when we don't really.. do anything.

I look forward to arguing with some of you about how "signing a veteran doesn't match the timeline", as per the annual tradition.

49 minutes ago, devlman said:

Take it with a pinch of salt because there’s bias involved but there was a recent article with Tarasenko’s latest surgeon who said his shoulder is better than ever now. If healthy, Tarasenko is going to have a massive chip on his shoulder.

He should keep that chip on the good shoulder just in case. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Starting to get that oh-so-familiar sinking feeling again.  The one that comes around every July 1st when we don't really.. do anything.

I look forward to arguing with some of you about how "signing a veteran doesn't match the timeline", as per the annual tradition.

There's a huge different with "not doing anything" and "not able to do anything worth doing" on free agency.

I also look forward having to argue with some of you about how "players actually have to want to come here for us to do anything" offering a contract is literally all we can do

Edited by SterioDesign

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think Fitz will try...I do think he'll make Hamilton a big offer (nothing to base this on, just a hunch).  I think he'll pull off a mid-tier signing or two.  

But I think the biggest signing will be Hughes to a long-term deal (think 6+ years)...I think the Devils are in a position to make him a better offer than he's earned to date, but for enough money to make it hard for him to turn down.  New deals for Sharangovich (3 years) and Kuokkanen (2 years).  Maybe 2-3 years for Murray, and a deal for a backup goalie that doesn't decide to retire.  So basically a couple of genuine efforts to sign a higher-tier UFA that don't lead to anything, then a couple of mid-tier moves plus the signings I listed.  I think that's the offseason for the Devils.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think Fitz will try...I do think he'll make Hamilton a big offer (nothing to base this on, just a hunch).  I think he'll pull off a mid-tier signing or two.  

But I think the biggest signing will be Hughes to a long-term deal (think 6+ years)...I think the Devils are in a position to make him a better offer than he's earned to date, but for enough money to make it hard for him to turn down.  New deals for Sharangovich (3 years) and Kuokkanen (2 years).  Maybe 2-3 years for Murray, and a deal for a backup goalie that doesn't decide to retire.  So basically a couple of genuine efforts to sign a higher-tier UFA that don't lead to anything, then a couple of mid-tier moves plus the signings I listed.  I think that's the offseason for the Devils.  

I have to pull up capfriendly - but does that get us to the floor?

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I have to pull up capfriendly - but does that get us to the floor?

Not sure...right now they have about $49 million allocated towards next season (includes Bastian's money coming off).  Any extension Jack signs won't kick in until next season.  I'm guessing that Sharangovich and Kuokkanen combine for about $5-5.5 million?  If they're looking to sign a solid backup (nothing against Wedge, but to me he's a #3) and keep Murray and go shopping in the mid-tier aisle, looks like they should get there.  

If devils will pick sugar puppy Luke Hughes after that... I don`t know what to say. It`s a gusgusting management. I`m to emotional, but devils lose every good young role player in one year. 
This is not how you build winning team.

Soft teams don't win. They are losing.

24 minutes ago, Guadana said:

If devils will pick sugar puppy Luke Hughes after that... I don`t know what to say. It`s a gusgusting management. I`m to emotional, but devils lose every good young role player in one year. 

Well I’m glad we already have a nickname for him if we do draft him…

Is this over Bastian? I mean I get that he wasn't the best guy we could have lost to SEA but it isn't like he isn't like he would be hard to replace either.

Well one thing is for sure…. If we draft Luke, he has a nickname in place already 🤣