The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

We’re told that there might be mutual interest between the Devils and Hamilton

https://nypost.com/2021/07/24/devils-pursuing-dougie-hamilton-with-unique-free-agency-pitch/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

thsrtjhjtsj.thumb.jpg.ca40ac2e70ad1e4b837c45ad9216f3ac.jpg

Just now, Crisis said:

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said it was not a problem in NJ right now

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

This is Fitz SELLING NJ, which is exactly what I said he needed to do! Well done Fitz! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is Fitz SELLING NJ, which is exactly what I said he needed to do! Well done Fitz! 

Easy there friend, let’s wait and make sure we actually get SOMEONE.

not to be the wet blanket but man am I cautious(Ly optimistic)

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Easy there friend, let’s wait and make sure we actually get SOMEONE.

not to be the wet blanket but man am I cautious(Ly optimistic)

It doesn’t matter. Fitz is doing what he needs to do, and what he should do. If these dipsh!ts still don’t wanna come here, then fvck them. I want people who want to be here.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Does NJ Keep Murray? Have we talked about this yet? 

I mean, if we have a spot to fill, we could. I feel like just about anyone could take his place, though. Take it or leave it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It doesn’t matter. Fitz is doing what he needs to do, and what he should do. If these dipsh!ts still don’t wanna come here, then fvck them. I want people who want to be here.

Agree.  He’s trying.  Starts there.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, if we have a spot to fill, we could. I feel like just about anyone could take his place, though. Take it or leave it. 

Yeah I liked Murray, I wouldn’t be against him coming back at the right price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I liked Murray, I wouldn’t be against him coming back at the right price.

I'd like to bring back murray for the bottom pairing on the left side as a safe bet with Siegenthaler pushing for a spot rather than him being given one. Then there's Bahl that could challenge too but i still think he needs another season down there. 

Walsh might be able to challenge for the right side if we need a callup too

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree.  He’s trying.  Starts there.  

Fitz is smart enough to understand that NJ as a state has a lot to offer, and good on him for that. He knows the outside perception of the organization isn’t great right now, but is letting guys know that that is all about to change, and you could be a big part of why it changes. That is what he needs to be doing, while selling all the things living here offers. Whether it nets a Hamilton or another big name UFA I have no idea- but he’s doing what needs to be done, and I’m thrilled about that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Fitz actually trying on this is encouraging.  If Hamilton does indeed sign here it will for sure shut people like me up for a little bit.

Wouldn't that be nice!(I'm JK)

Anyone big signing here is a pipe dream but I am torn on if Hamilton or Landeskog would help more. I am not sure if Zacha can have the season he just had again. Landeskog replacing him on the top line and pushing Zacha down a bit to play with Wood and McLeod or something changes the complexion of our top 2 lines so much.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Anyone big signing here is a pipe dream but I am torn on if Hamilton or Landeskog would help more. I am not sure if Zacha can have the season he just had again. Landeskog replacing him on the top line and pushing Zacha down a bit to play with Wood and McLeod or something changes the complexion of our top 2 lines so much.

tenor (2).gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think both are still a long shot, but Hamilton seems more and more realistic as other teams allocate their cap space on other players.  If we land either of Hamilton or Landeskog then the off-season is a win, but I think Landeskog is a much more of a longshot than even Hamilton (who is still a longshot).

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think both are still a long shot, but Hamilton seems more and more realistic as other teams allocate their cap space on other players.  If we land either of Hamilton or Landeskog then the off-season is a win, but I think Landeskog is a much more of a longshot than even Hamilton (who is still a longshot).

For sure. If it wasn't for this article I wouldn't think Hamilton was anymore likely than Landeskog. This is the only place I have seen us linked to either of them. Landeskog also fits the bill to exactly the kind of guys Fitz wants in the locker room so...yea. I'm sure he is doing his thing. We just wait.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

2022-2023 Defense:

Ty Smith - Dougie Hamilton

Graves - Severson 

(Bahl?) - Hughes 

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE OMG ITS A REAL NHL DEFENSE 

Hughes plays the left side. So we might have to get creative and flip one of them but having these guys as assets is encouraging

Canes have $29m in cap room. Which is a lot, but they still have to re-sign:

Svechnikov (a lot), literally any goalie (lmao wtf?), Paquette, Martinook, and McGinn this year. Next year they run the risk of losing Niederrider and Necas. 

I don’t think they are dumb enough to give Hamilton $9m in a flat cap. I think we are.