Jump to content

The 2021 Offseason Thread


jagknife
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

We’re told that there might be mutual interest between the Devils and Hamilton

https://nypost.com/2021/07/24/devils-pursuing-dougie-hamilton-with-unique-free-agency-pitch/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

thsrtjhjtsj.thumb.jpg.ca40ac2e70ad1e4b837c45ad9216f3ac.jpg

Just now, Crisis said:

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said it was not a problem in NJ right now

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

This is Fitz SELLING NJ, which is exactly what I said he needed to do! Well done Fitz! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is Fitz SELLING NJ, which is exactly what I said he needed to do! Well done Fitz! 

Easy there friend, let’s wait and make sure we actually get SOMEONE.

not to be the wet blanket but man am I cautious(Ly optimistic)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Easy there friend, let’s wait and make sure we actually get SOMEONE.

not to be the wet blanket but man am I cautious(Ly optimistic)

It doesn’t matter. Fitz is doing what he needs to do, and what he should do. If these dipsh!ts still don’t wanna come here, then fvck them. I want people who want to be here.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Does NJ Keep Murray? Have we talked about this yet? 

I mean, if we have a spot to fill, we could. I feel like just about anyone could take his place, though. Take it or leave it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It doesn’t matter. Fitz is doing what he needs to do, and what he should do. If these dipsh!ts still don’t wanna come here, then fvck them. I want people who want to be here.

Agree.  He’s trying.  Starts there.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, if we have a spot to fill, we could. I feel like just about anyone could take his place, though. Take it or leave it. 

Yeah I liked Murray, I wouldn’t be against him coming back at the right price.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I liked Murray, I wouldn’t be against him coming back at the right price.

I'd like to bring back murray for the bottom pairing on the left side as a safe bet with Siegenthaler pushing for a spot rather than him being given one. Then there's Bahl that could challenge too but i still think he needs another season down there. 

Walsh might be able to challenge for the right side if we need a callup too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree.  He’s trying.  Starts there.  

Fitz is smart enough to understand that NJ as a state has a lot to offer, and good on him for that. He knows the outside perception of the organization isn’t great right now, but is letting guys know that that is all about to change, and you could be a big part of why it changes. That is what he needs to be doing, while selling all the things living here offers. Whether it nets a Hamilton or another big name UFA I have no idea- but he’s doing what needs to be done, and I’m thrilled about that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Fitz actually trying on this is encouraging.  If Hamilton does indeed sign here it will for sure shut people like me up for a little bit.

Wouldn't that be nice!(I'm JK)

Anyone big signing here is a pipe dream but I am torn on if Hamilton or Landeskog would help more. I am not sure if Zacha can have the season he just had again. Landeskog replacing him on the top line and pushing Zacha down a bit to play with Wood and McLeod or something changes the complexion of our top 2 lines so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Wouldn't that be nice!(I'm JK)

Anyone big signing here is a pipe dream but I am torn on if Hamilton or Landeskog would help more. I am not sure if Zacha can have the season he just had again. Landeskog replacing him on the top line and pushing Zacha down a bit to play with Wood and McLeod or something changes the complexion of our top 2 lines so much.

 

tenor (2).gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Wouldn't that be nice!(I'm JK)

Anyone big signing here is a pipe dream but I am torn on if Hamilton or Landeskog would help more. I am not sure if Zacha can have the season he just had again. Landeskog replacing him on the top line and pushing Zacha down a bit to play with Wood and McLeod or something changes the complexion of our top 2 lines so much.

I think both are still a long shot, but Hamilton seems more and more realistic as other teams allocate their cap space on other players.  If we land either of Hamilton or Landeskog then the off-season is a win, but I think Landeskog is a much more of a longshot than even Hamilton (who is still a longshot).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think both are still a long shot, but Hamilton seems more and more realistic as other teams allocate their cap space on other players.  If we land either of Hamilton or Landeskog then the off-season is a win, but I think Landeskog is a much more of a longshot than even Hamilton (who is still a longshot).

For sure. If it wasn't for this article I wouldn't think Hamilton was anymore likely than Landeskog. This is the only place I have seen us linked to either of them. Landeskog also fits the bill to exactly the kind of guys Fitz wants in the locker room so...yea. I'm sure he is doing his thing. We just wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

2022-2023 Defense:

Ty Smith - Dougie Hamilton

Graves - Severson 

(Bahl?) - Hughes 

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE OMG ITS A REAL NHL DEFENSE 

Hughes plays the left side. So we might have to get creative and flip one of them but having these guys as assets is encouraging

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Canes have $29m in cap room. Which is a lot, but they still have to re-sign:

Svechnikov (a lot), literally any goalie (lmao wtf?), Paquette, Martinook, and McGinn this year. Next year they run the risk of losing Niederrider and Necas. 

I don’t think they are dumb enough to give Hamilton $9m in a flat cap. I think we are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.