The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m sure I was. I live rent free in your head for some reason. Anyway, I liked Merkley, but I certainly didn’t view him as some actual core piece. So as usual you’re just being hyperbolic to sh!t on people’s opinions who you don’t like. 

BAHAHAHAHAHA if you say so.

Any time there is literally a gentle criticism of Jack you are literally the first to defend him to the death.  It's as if someone insulted a family member of yours.  More than one other poster have told me privately about your unusual obsession with him.  It's actually a recurring joke and you always take the bait lol.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, I literally have to take exception to this, because of my avatar. 

You're welcome for that avatar BTW 😉

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

if Nicomo doesn't like you, I mean holy sh!t you've gotta be the biggest fvcking loser on the planet. Nicomo likes EVERYONE! Even me!

right?

Nicomo started hating me when I started to criticize Jack.  Apparently that is high treason in his mind.

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

if Nicomo doesn't like you, I mean holy sh!t you've gotta be the biggest fvcking loser on the planet. Nicomo likes EVERYONE! Even me!

right?

You’ve always been one of my favorites, my man. I like funny people, and you are probably the funniest poster here (sorry mfitz you’re a close 2nd). I’ll take that over folks being miserable and negative 24/7. Life’s too short for that sh!t. 

• Like 1
  • Shocking 1

Thanks!! I honestly forgot why I even have it, but it’s apt. 

I just remember posting the photo and you immediately making good use of it.  I kinda remember a conversation on here about how beautiful Rachel McAdams was and remains...and how Lindsay Lohan, well...time and hard livin' hasn't been so kind to her (this in spite of the fact that I think Rachel is 8-9 years older than Lindsay).  I think that's when I posted it.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Probably out of pure hope, more than anything else (I don't remember who said what about him, at the time he was acquired).  Not like Merkley was the "big get" in that Hall deal anyway...I'd say Bahl and the first-rounder were.  Merkley was more of a throw-in who had "former first-rounder" on his resume, for whatever that's worth.  Given his age at the time, you see if he can still turn into something at the NHL level, but if he doesn't, you move on...especially once it's clear other players are better.    

Fair statement, but he wasn't even all that high up in Arizona's system so why would be on ours?  He was a AAAA-type player who was 4.5 years removed from his draft year on a paper-thin team in Arizona.  Why would be somehow be better over here when we weren't any further along than Arizona at the time?

It's like this weird Stockholm Syndrome that the Devils have put over the fans where our fans overvalue the crap out of middling players or players who put together a decent handful of games.  I remember even saying that you don't see much in Merkley after 4 games was met with vitriol on here when the evidence is very thin at the very best.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I know we all miss glenwo :( just us guppies who will never be bold enough to swim with the sharks at HF boards. (his quote, one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum to date.)

Also can I be pre-psycho Lindsay Lohan? homegirl was a smokeshow.

He was just the last of several over the 11 years I have been here that have left mostly or completely because of you.

Just now, Nicomo said:

You’ve always been one of my favorites, my man. I like funny people, and you are probably the funniest poster here (sorry mfitz you’re a close 2nd). I’ll take that over folks being miserable and negative 24/7. Life’s too short for that sh!t. 

You bringing this up made me realize that a few of those (that i won't name) has been completely MIA lately. It's refreshing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I remember once posting about Jack should do better than score 30 points a season and you blew a gasket at me.  You then accused me of being negative and I called you a homer.  You then said something to the affect of "what's wrong with being a homer?"

Sorry, but when I joined this board I wanted realistic Devils talk, not watered-down homer garbage that you see on reddit all the time.

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I wonder who might have chased them away🧐

I dont believe "anyone" chased them away. Those guys are typically completely hiding when there's positivity around the team then come out of the woodwork when they have something negative to whine about

Like if we'd lose they'd have 30 posts in the GDT and if we won they wouldnt be posting at all. Bunch of losers

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just remember posting the photo and you immediately making good use of it.  I kinda remember a conversation on here about how beautiful Rachel McAdams was and remains...and how Lindsay Lohan, well...time and hard livin' hasn't been so kind to her (this in spite of the fact that I think Rachel is 8-9 years older than Lindsay).  I think that's when I posted it.  

I believe someone had just called me dramatic as well, so…

• Like 1

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Fair statement, but he wasn't even all that high up in Arizona's system so why would be on ours?  He was a AAAA-type player who was 4.5 years removed from his draft year on a paper-thin team in Arizona.  Why would be somehow be better over here when we weren't any further along than Arizona at the time?

It's like this weird Stockholm Syndrome that the Devils have put over the fans where our fans overvalue the crap out of middling players or players who put together a decent handful of games.  I remember even saying that you don't see much in Merkley after 4 games was met with vitriol on here when the evidence is very thin at the very best.

Like I said, pure throw-in...his first season in the AHL produced 39 points in 38 games...one of those players where the team that gives him up doesn't really feel like it's much of a loss, and the team that acquires him says "What the hell, maybe we can find a way to get more out of him than his old team did"...of course, that team that takes him on probably suspects full well that it's not all that likely to happen...but once you get your main pieces (Bahl and the first-rounder), what the hell, might as well see if they wouldn't mind throwing in some extras (like Nate Schnarr as well).    

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Like I said, pure throw-in...his first season in the AHL produced 39 points in 38 games...one of those players where the team that gives him up doesn't really feel like it's much of a loss, and the team that acquires him says "What the hell, maybe we can find a way to get more out of him than his old team did"...of course, that team that takes him on probably suspects full well that it's not all that likely to happen...but once you get your main pieces (Bahl and the first-rounder), what the hell, might as well see if they wouldn't mind throwing in some extras (like Nate Schnarr as well).    

What are you talking about?

Oh yeah, hockey, that’s right…

• Haha 2

What are you talking about?

Oh yeah, hockey, that’s right…

Yeah feelin a bit kooky today, heh heh

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

lowlight of my njdevs career is  @DevilMinder asking me politely to stop offering to fellate Taylor Hall.

highlight of mfitz njdevs career no doubt.

No, I thought that sh!t was hysterical. Watching pure joy over hockey turn into impure joy in about 5 seconds lol. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I understand why he was traded and why he was here.  I agree that he was a throw-in that should have been given little regard.  Instead after 4 games he was being anointed as part of our future on the 3rd line.

There's being hopeful, and then there's delusion.  However, with this fanbase you will be accused of being a negative nancy for simply stating that we should slow our roll with a player.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

lowlight of my njdevs career is  @DevilMinder asking me politely to stop offering to fellate Taylor Hall.

highlight of mfitz njdevs career no doubt.

Based on the reception it received when i said i'd want my daughter (that doesn't exist) to blow Moose after a big win. I think people are just into hockey players getting free BJs... i don't think it had anything to do with you specifically. 

42 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

BAHAHAHAHAHA if you say so.

Any time there is literally a gentle criticism of Jack you are literally the first to defend him to the death.  It's as if someone insulted a family member of yours.  More than one other poster have told me privately about your unusual obsession with him.  It's actually a recurring joke and you always take the bait lol.

Eh, you can pretend my “unusual obsession” with defending Jack is the reason, but you had a problem with me long before that. I expect part of it was because I was very critical of your boy Cory (and probably Greene too since you spent so much money on all those jerseys of his…). But when you insulted me over rooting for Ovi during his Cup run was when I figured out you were just a grumpy a$$hole. You really should bring back that Randy Quaid avi from Major League you had because it was ridiculously fitting. 

Anyway, I don’t really give a sh!t what you, or the people in your secret correspondence think about me defending the kid. My takes on Jack are not the ones that are going to look ridiculous in a couple years…

Edited by Nicomo
Wrong Quaid brother

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Based on the reception it received when i said i'd want my daughter (that doesn't exist) to blow Moose after a big win. I think people are just into hockey players getting free BJs... i don't think it had anything to do with you specifically. 

Right, but @MB3offered to do it himself, which is nothing two consenting adults can’t just agree to. Assuming Hall would consent, which of course, how could he not?

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is offensive. Must I offer oral favors to our players for their successes to overtake @MB3??

I give @MB3the edge for his creativity. Seriously, some of the sh!t he says is so off the walls I don’t even know what to think lol. You’re more of a stick with the classics kind of comedian. :D