Jump to content

The 2021 Offseason Thread


jagknife
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe Ullmark is worth $6m...

Yeah, but he reportedly wants 6 years. I’m not giving any goalie that. They don’t make em like Marty anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nicomo said:

Yeah, but he reportedly wants 6 years. I’m not giving any goalie that. They don’t make em like Marty anymore. 

Agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

 

OK, that's official. I feel bad that literally 5 people care because we're all waiting to hear about Hamilton.

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Dano talking about how Devils fans have been a bit impatient on NHL Network. Missing the playoffs 7 of the past 8 years, 1 playoff game win lol it's just wild to me that people shrug off almost a full decade of nothing like it's no big deal and people dont have the right to be impatient lol

i fully agree with Dano

People getting impatient are precisely the fans framing it exactly like you've wrote it in their minds. Yeah if you take it black and white like this without context its bad but when you take a step back to understand why its like this and what needed to get done realistically to get back on track, you're not as impatient

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bernier is a fine UFA signing...not too tied up on term, a mild overpayment (probably by about $1 million or so per season, if that much, and that money certainly isn't ever getting in the way of anything the Devils are looking to do in the next couple of years).  He fits a clear need...a guy who's coming in more as the 1B but can fill in capably as a 1A should Mac suffer through an extended slump or miss time due to injury. 

Simply a good move.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Dougie Hamilton potential signing is even enough to raise me from my eternal posting slumber, I really hope we get this deal done. I'm staring at the TSN live tracker at work, Nothing is getting done here until we know. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i fully agree with Dano

People getting impatient are precisely the fans framing it exactly like you've wrote it in their minds. Yeah if you take it black and white like this without context its bad but when you take a step back to understand why its like this and what would need to get done to get back on track, you're not as impatient

On a random side note, the guy I feel for just a little bit today is Shero.  Why?  Because today was the day that he was building towards, from his first year here...having enough of a foundation to build on, and enough cap space to really go out and chase down a top target.  Sure, it can be argued that PK was that target for Shero, but I don't think that's really what he had in mind.  I have nothing against Fitz and I think he's the right guy at this moment, but I do feel like with some better luck (and less patience with Hynes), that Shero could've been the guy still calling the shots.  Oh well.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i fully agree with Dano

People getting impatient are precisely the fans framing it exactly like you've wrote it in their minds. Yeah if you take it black and white like this without context its bad but when you take a step back to understand why its like this and what needed to get done realistically to get back on track, you're not as impatient

I think you can understand all of that and still be frustrated watching your team lose 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On a random side note, the guy I feel for just a little bit today is Shero.  Why?  Because today was the day that he was building towards, from his first year here...having enough of a foundation to build on, and enough cap space to really go out and chase down a top target.  Sure, it can be argued that PK was that target for Shero, but I don't think that's really what he had in mind.  I have nothing against Fitz and I think he's the right guy at this moment, but I do feel like with some better luck (and less patience with Hynes), that he could've been the guy still calling the shots.  Oh well.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He didn't pull the trigger on Hynes quick enough and he was absolutely an issue here. fvck em. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I don't feel bad for him at all. He didn't pull the trigger on Hynes quick enough and he was absolutely an issue here. fvck em. 

That's clearly where Shero fvcked up the most.  Can't argue that.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I predict at least one Damilton when he smushes the names together. 

I think we need to play Dano bingo this year

100%

#DevanteSmelly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On a random side note, the guy I feel for just a little bit today is Shero.  Why?  Because today was the day that he was building towards, from his first year here...having enough of a foundation to build on, and enough cap space to really go out and chase down a top target.  Sure, it can be argued that PK was that target for Shero, but I don't think that's really what he had in mind.  I have nothing against Fitz and I think he's the right guy at this moment, but I do feel like with some better luck (and less patience with Hynes), that he could've been the guy still calling the shots.  Oh well.

To an extent. But there's a reason he's gone. He had a lot of moves that just did not work out whether it was at his fault or not. And the Hynes thing was either stupidity or stubbornness 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think you can understand all of that and still be frustrated watching your team lose 

Absolutely but being frustrated is different than being impatient.

Impatience is based on expectations not met based on your projected timeline. Sometimes it's justified, sometime it's not.

It's logical to be impatient if your buddy said he'd pick you up at 2pm and it's now 4pm and he lives 3 minutes away. Now that's what i feel is justified impatience.

That's different than say, you've let your house fall apart completely to the point nothing works, you didn't save up or prep for that. And now one day you're like "ok i need to get this all fixed... but on a budget" then you have to wait months til contractors can make time for you to fix things here and there. And you get frustrated that it's taking too long. When with what you can afford and the situation you're in, it would take years to fix and you're impatient after 2 months. Now that's unjustified impatience.

Or it's like being frustrated that you're broke at 60 when you never saved, invested or planned for your retirement. Sure you can be "frustrated" cause its not fun. But it's also not logical to act like you're a victim either. 

Sure it's frustrating to lose constantly but you really have to take a step back and realize that this was the cost of trying to win at any cost for all that time and other bad decisions. We were going to pay the price at some point and it was going to take a LONG time to rebuild, there's just no way around it

 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Absolutely but being frustrated is different than being impatient.

Impatience is based on expectations not met based on your projected timeline. Sometimes it's justified, sometime it's not.

It's logical to be impatient if your buddy said he'd pick you up at 2pm and it's now 4pm and he lives 3 minutes away. Now that's what i feel is justified impatience.

That's different than say, you've let your house fall apart completely to the point nothing works, you didn't save up or prep for that. And now one day you're like "ok i need to get this all fixed... but on a budget" then you have to wait months til contractors can make time for you to fix things here and there. And you get frustrated that it's taking too long. When with what you can afford and the situation you're in, it would take years to fix and you're impatient after 2 months. Now that's unjustified impatience.

Sure it's frustrating to lose constantly but you really have to take a step back and realize that this was the cost of trying to win at any cost for all that time and other bad decisions. We were going to pay the price at some point and it was going to take a LONG time to rebuild, there's just no way around it

 

Yes. We all knew it would be a fall. Literally every great team had a fall. 

Its still ok to not enjoy it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.