Jump to content

The 2021 Offseason Thread


jagknife
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

To an extent. But there's a reason he's gone. He had a lot of moves that just did not work out whether it was at his fault or not. And the Hynes thing was either stupidity or stubbornness 

Yeah I mentioned in my post that he had some bad luck and simply showed too much loyalty to Hynes...and it's a results-oriented business, with GMs who don't appear to making progress often paying the price.  I'm obviously just a fan but in Shero's defense, I don't recall any moves that reeked of incompetence or just flat-out made zero sense (in the past few days alone we've seen some serious WTF moves), and considering the pool of (limited) assets he had to deal from, I think he did a good job in try to bring in guys who SHOULD'VE been able to help.  But yeah, when enough moves don't work out, I can understand ownership showing the GM the door.

To be clear, I wasn't implying that it's some major travesty that Shero isn't here.  I'm quite good with this now being Fitz's gig.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yes. We all knew it would be a fall. Literally every great team had a fall. 

Its still ok to not enjoy it. 

of course, i never said it wasn't okay to not enjoy the team losing.

That's different than being impatient based on unrealistic expectations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nicomo said:

Yeah, I don’t miss that. 

Me either, but wasn't he doing that earlier on, when there really wasn't much in the system?  I don't think it would've been a lifetime approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

of course, i never said it wasn't okay to not enjoy the team losing.

That's different than being impatient based on unrealistic expectations.

In the present, my expectations for this off season was for Fitz to be out there and at least trying to make moves that will help us take the next step and he has far exceeded those expectations. He is doing exactly what many of us had hoped. This feels like a big step that will pay off in a few years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i fully agree with Dano

People getting impatient are precisely the fans framing it exactly like you've wrote it in their minds. Yeah if you take it black and white like this without context its bad but when you take a step back to understand why its like this and what needed to get done realistically to get back on track, you're not as impatient

Almost a full decade is a long ass time. We only average like 76 years of life. Personally I don't have decades to waste lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I love that they're specifically doing it to fvck with people with tweet notifications turned on lol

If at this point it doesn’t go through tell them to take the sandwich they got for lunch and shove it up their…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

In the present, my expectations for this off season was for Fitz to be out there and at least trying to make moves that will help us take the next step and he has far exceeded those expectations. He is doing exactly what many of us had hoped. This feels like a big step that will pay off in a few years. 

100%. Up until now we were just not in a postion to make a move like this cause free agents in their prime were too far from our core group. But with all those guys ready to take the next step and the type of player dougie is. The timing is finally right.

If im honest i still think this move would have been perfect in a year but we can't pass on this. If we don't land hamilton.. god knows how we'd fill that role in the future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I love that they're specifically doing it to fvck with people with tweet notifications turned on lol

I’m hoping this level of troll means the deal is done and they are comfortable breaking balls about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Almost a full decade is a long ass time. We only average like 76 years of life. Personally I don't have decades to waste lol

Well again, with all due respect. Do you understand how it's a flawed logic to look at this in term of years you're willing to wait? vs how long it realistically take to rebuild from what we had? That's how you set unrealistic expectations

You simply do NOT rebuild a competitive team in 6 years from that 2015 roster. We've even been blessed with 2 lottery wins and even there wasn't enough.

The only way it would have been possible was to be located in NY where all free agents and players WANT to JUST go there. And that instead of landing Hughes and Nico that it would have been McDavid and Matthews and that every single draft pick would have panned out and 100% of our moves would have panned out. Again, not realistic.

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Grubauer to Krakheads

Dreidger/Grubauer is a nice 1-2. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well again, with all due respect. Do you understand how it's a flawed logic to look at this in term of years you're willing to wait? vs how long it realistically take to rebuild from what we had? That's how you set unrealistic expectations

You simply do NOT rebuild a competitive team in 6 years from that 2015 roster. We've even been blessed with 2 lottery wins and even there wasn't enough.

The only way it would have been possible was to be located in NY where all free agents and players WANT to JUST go there. And that instead of landing Hughes and Nico that it would have been McDavid and Matthews and that every single draft pick would have panned out and 100% of our moves would have panned out. Again, not realistic.

I for one would love to hear more I’ve your thoughts on this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

100%. Up until now we were just not in a postion to make a move like this cause free agents in their prime were too far from our core group. But with all those guys ready to take the next step and the type of player dougie is. The timing is finally right.

If im honest i still think this move would have been perfect in a year but we can't pass on this. If we don't land hamilton.. god knows how we'd fill that role in the future

Yeah you just never know when a guy like that might hit free agency again. Add in the the chips are falling in a way that we became a favorite and its a move Fitz just had to go for.

I really wish they would finish it up so we can breathe 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well again, with all due respect. Do you understand how it's a flawed logic to look at this in term of years you're willing to wait? vs how long it realistically take to rebuild from what we had? That's how you set unrealistic expectations

You simply do NOT rebuild a competitive team in 6 years from that 2015 roster. We've even been blessed with 2 lottery wins and even there wasn't enough.

The only way it would have been possible was to be located in NY where all free agents and players WANT to JUST go there. And that instead of landing Hughes and Nico that it would have been McDavid and Matthews and that every single draft pick would have panned out and 100% of our moves would have panned out. Again, not realistic.

Omg dude no one is arguing with you lol. Can we just enjoy today?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well again, with all due respect. Do you understand how it's a flawed logic to look at this in term of years you're willing to wait? vs how long it realistically take to rebuild from what we had? That's how you set unrealistic expectations

You simply do NOT rebuild a competitive team in 6 years from that 2015 roster. We've even been blessed with 2 lottery wins and even there wasn't enough.

The only way it would have been possible was to be located in NY where all free agents and players WANT to JUST go there. And that instead of landing Hughes and Nico that it would have been McDavid and Matthews and that every single draft pick would have panned out and 100% of our moves would have panned out. Again, not realistic.

My argument is simply I don't think its fair to call fans impatient. You said it's ok to be impatient for a friend who shows up 2 hours late. It's ok to be impatient to want some minor success after 8 out of the past 9 years of missing the playoffs. Hell I'd be happy with the team actually being in the playoff hunt instead of being dead last and virtually eliminated before January. 

I'm not asking for a Cup win every year, now that would be ok to criticize fans for lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.