Devils Survivor

redruM

On 7/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, aylbert said:

You know, with some math going on here, a recount would be brutal.

I was hoping for a Jack vs Nico battle.    Hughes getting booted outside the top 5 was the real shocker to me.

I disagreed with Andreas Johnsson and PK Subban going so early too, not that I’d expect them to be top ten, but still.

Thanks for a great game, and it’s nice to continue the annual tradition.

The Jack thing shocked me! I had feeling AJ would go early, PK a slight surprise 

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Would anyone be up for another round? I propose taking the 1995 championship roster and do the same game. Everyone starts with 10, see who wins. 

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will set it up in a new thread. 

Instead of rehashing the 95 team how about a team survivor from 82 - present to choose the best team?

24 minutes ago, redruM said:

Instead of rehashing the 95 team how about a team survivor from 82 - present to choose the best team?

I thought of that, but you couldn't do every player in franchise history. Then I started picking a "best all-time" team, and realized there would be a lot of disputes about that, so I just went with another team.

The 1995 one is up and running, but we should investigate the "all-time" team concept and figure out a way to do something with that. 

Nobody on this site likes the long game. I would suggest a series of polls to determine the 5 best guys at each position and then run that as a Survivor game, but nobody would vote in the polls to choose the players. 

I was thinking about a game that would determine the most disliked to the franchise…   Like come up with a nomination list of say 20+ Players that you just can’t stand- both friend (Devils who did us wrong) and foe…  maybe add a reminder if it isn’t like front and center today why they suck.

and then do the +\- game to get it down to 16, with that being their seed.

And then run a weekly poll Etc bracket style.

For example, say we only had 4, and the seeding wound up being:

Tie Domi 

Sean Avery 

Bobby Holik

JS Giguere 

Then we run two polls on Domi vs Jiggy Puff,  Avery vs Holik…   And you vote for the  guy you dislike more…  and then the final around would be between the two guys who won the prior poll to determine the biggest assclown to the franchise.

Thoughts?

34 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I was thinking about a game that would determine the most disliked to the franchise…   Like come up with a nomination list of say 20+ Players that you just can’t stand- both friend (Devils who did us wrong) and foe…  maybe add a reminder if it isn’t like front and center today why they suck.

Tie Domi 

Sean Avery 

Bobby Holik

JS Giguere 

Then we run two polls on Domi vs Jiggy Puff,  Avery vs Holik…   And you vote for the  guy you dislike more…  and then the final around would be between the two guys who won the prior poll to determine the biggest assclown to the franchise.

Thoughts?

I like it. Obviously nobody likes 1995 Survivor lol. 

On 7/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, aylbert said:

Tie Domi 

Sean Avery 

Bobby Holik

JS Giguere 

Thoughts?

Holik? & how are Messier, Lindros & Kovelav not on that list?

2 hours ago, redruM said:

Holik? & how are Messier, Lindros & Kovelav not on that list?

I mean, when I think of guys that Devils fans hate...Bobby Holik???

Even Giguere, why hate a guy we won a Stanley Cup against? Because he played well??

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Even Giguere, why hate a guy we won a Stanley Cup against? Because he played well??

Yes.  He played too well and now he must pay.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Holik called Lou a cheapskate after Lou ripped Holik a new one in arbitration in the summer of 2001.  There was certainly bad blood at the time, but they both seemed to move on 7 years later when Lou signed him to a 1-year deal in 2008.

Holik once told that story years ago (I believe on a podcast) that after he signed with the Rangers, he asked management for merchandise to give to his family to wear.  The Rangers sent a huge box of Rangers gear to his house all for free.  Meanwhile, when he played for the Devils and asked for the same thing, Lou's response was essentially "sure, we will send them over after you give us your credit card and run it."

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Holik called Lou a cheapskate after Lou ripped Holik a new one in arbitration in the summer of 2001.  There was certainly bad blood at the time, but they both seemed to move on 7 years later when Lou signed him to a 1-year deal in 2008.

Holik once told that story years ago (I believe on a podcast) that after he signed with the Rangers, he asked management for merchandise to give to his family to wear.  The Rangers sent a huge box of Rangers gear to his house all for free.  Meanwhile, when he played for the Devils and asked for the same thing, Lou's response was essentially "sure, we will send them over after you give us your credit card and run it."

That sounds like reasons he would hate the Devils, not why the fans would hate him. 

On 7/16/2021 at 11:57 AM, mfitz804 said:

I will never hate anyone more than Messier. fvck that guy.