Playoffs

point

So playoffs kick off. Starting with Caps and Bruins. Two teams I struggle to find affection for. John Carlson is a Jersey guy, went to my high school. And I actually like Hall for coming back from injury and emerging from Buffalo purgatory.

I'll be rooting for the Bolts as they're the local team here, and despite the fact that some people hate them for when we played them in the playoffs a few years ago, they're just a really good organization from top to bottom. 

Good series so far between the Isles and Pens.  Palms got their first goal, 2-2 now halfway through the 3rd.  I have a feeling the Isles take it in 7. I also think Vegas will be strong in the West.

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Jarry sucks. 

The announcer called the 2nd goal "a floating wrister" which I thought was ridiculous because it seemed like a really nice snip in the top corner, but that 3rd goal seemed a little weak.  Gotta squeeze the arms to the body.

12 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Just turned it on, is Travis a scratch ?

yep. 

Palmieri scored on a nice shot for the first goal of the game. Crosby had the best tip in goal I've ever seen, goal tending on the whole has been pretty sh!tty. 

Parise a healthy scratch for MIN as well.

Edited by titans04

I didn't realize zajac was a healthy scratch. I guess that's not too surprising considering he doesn't really fit their system because he's so slow, but that's got to be disappointing for him. 

Figures Palmieri gets the game winner as well. kind of bent about that, but all in all I guess good for him. Not like he ever did anything wrong for us/to us, other than just sucking at the wrong times.

20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Last year with absolutely no crowds and being in the same 2 buildings was way worse for me. At least this is more normal than that. 

I think this is worse. Low energy crowds just due to capacity limitations is weirder, they sound like pre-season games this year. Compare that to last year, being able to hear every blade and every word they say on the ice. I liked that. 

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This Tampa-Florida game has been awesome.

Agreed.  Very evenly matched teams, and very physical too.  It's amazing what a difference Kucherov makes being back in the lineup.  I was just telling a few family and friends that it's impossible to defend Stamkos on one side and Kucherov on the other on the PP.  I mean, the other team (and goalie) doesn't even have a chance.  It's like having two Ovechkin's on both sides.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Tampa is just as good a team as it gets. With Kucherov and Stamkos back, they have literally no weaknesses. 

And Boucher is all but admitting the Bolts circumvented the cap, saying how Kucherov has been skating in his own for months but cause of the cap he couldn’t be activated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So I tuned into the first period of this florida/tampa game with a “ah who cares i’ll watch a few minutes” and i haven’t even been able to leave my seat during the intermission. 

electric factory out there. 

This is going to be one heck of a series

• Like 1