Playoffs

point

Too bad limited capacity for the Fla-Tpa series. Panthers finally make the playoffs and could use a full building for a marquee playoff series with their rival to fully sell their product and energize their fan base.

15 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I think this is worse. Low energy crowds just due to capacity limitations is weirder, they sound like pre-season games this year. Compare that to last year, being able to hear every blade and every word they say on the ice. I liked that. 

Florida had a loud energy crowd, Vegas was pretty good too. Going forward capacities are increasing as well in some places, they said on the broadcast Pittsburgh will have double their capacity of game 1 for game 2 tonight. 

There won't be any crowds in the Canadian division and it's gonna be much more noticeable in the lack of fans for these games now that we are actually seeing some buildings getting back to some normalcy. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The Devils had Beau bennett. 

Surprised no one mentioned the hit on Coleman. He got rocked, super dirty. 

Oh damn, you're right.  That's totally who I was thinking of lol.  Is he still around the league somewhere?

On 5/16/2021 at 5:03 PM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Pretty cool. First Isles rookie goaltender to win their first playoff start since Chico

Kid seems like he is ready to walk in Chico’s shoes.  So let me be the first to welcome Ilya Sorokin to the Devils.... in about five years.  

I guess maybe we can't be too hard on our coaches (i.e. Nas, Recchi, etc) because the Panthers are playing Dreiger in net tonight instead of Bobrovsky.... lol what?  Bobrovsky played great last game - a few of the goals he let in were on the PP, and Tampa has one of the best PP's in the league.  That loss was anything but his fault.  

Aside from that, you have Carolina who also played their third string goalie last game.  I just don't get it.  As far as I can see, they literally have zero players on the injured list, so it's not that... 

It just doesn't make any sense.

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Aside from that, you have Carolina who also played their third string goalie last game

I’m pretty sure Alex Nedeljkovic is solidly Carolina’s starter. He emerged during the regular season and they’ve rolled with him.

In FL Chris Driedger has been the much better goalie statistically over Bob all season. Maybe a courtesy the guy you're paying 10M per for the next 5 seasons to give him game one rather than the 850k guy outta nowhere who outplayed him?

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m pretty sure Alex Nedeljkovic is solidly Carolina’s starter. He emerged during the regular season and they’ve rolled with him.

Dunno, they were all over the map this year - Nedeljkovic played 23 games, Reimer 22, and Mrazek 12.  My brother lives in NC and watches a lot of Canes games and from what he told me Nedeljkovic looked good, but it didn't seem like he was overwhelmingly gonna be their starter in the regular season, much less the playoffs.  I'm just surprised they passed over not one, but two veteran goalies and decided to go with a 25 year old who had literally all of 6 games prior to this season.   If you ask me it's playing with fire.

10 minutes ago, titans04 said:

In FL Chris Driedger has been the much better goalie statistically over Bob all season. Maybe a courtesy the guy you're paying 10M per for the next 5 seasons to give him game one rather than the 850k guy outta nowhere who outplayed him?

Bobrovsky was 19-8, Dreiger 14-6.  Granted he had a bit better save percentage, but it was in less games, and you don't know if they gave him the soft/easy starts.  I guess you could be right and maybe they gave Bob Game 1 out of respect, but I thought he played pretty well, so yanking him and giving a rookie Game 2 seems sort of like a punishment.  It's very similar to the situation with Carolina.... coming into this season, Dreiger had all of 15 career starts in a four year span.  

• Like 1