Playoffs

point

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

That Archibald hit was such a dirty hit, tried taking that guy out at his knees. Was hilarious that Jets scored on that PP and he was on the ice for the next goal after that too. Hope they get swept tonight for the lols. 

He was on the ice for the OT goal, too, if I recall correctly. I felt bad for the guy because that terrible penalty he took on that low-bridge hit turned the whole game around for Winnipeg.

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

He was on the ice for the OT goal, too, if I recall correctly. I felt bad for the guy because that terrible penalty he took on that low-bridge hit turned the whole game around for Winnipeg.

Don't feel bad for him.  He went outside the rules of the game to try to hurt someone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Don't feel bad for him.  He went outside the rules of the game to try to hurt someone.

You're right, it was dumb and dangerous. My pity is that he has to live with the consequences ... likely burying his team because of a bad choice. I felt bad for Steve Bernier, too. Not right when it happened though!

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I watched highlights of the Jets/Oilers game and maybe it is just me, but that game-tying goal and the OT goal were ones Smith should have had.

Not just you. He can’t let the tying goal in. The winner was a great shot by Ehlers.

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

McDavid is the only player I would trade that much for.

He's incredible, but look at what Winnipeg is doing to him in the playoffs. If we emptied the cupboard for McDavid, that's what we would have to look forward to .... missing the playoffs and getting shut down when we do make it. Even a team with Connor McDavid needs a second line (and/or third line) putting pucks in the net. Look at what having Taylor Hall means to the Bruins so far.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

He's incredible, but look at what Winnipeg is doing to him in the playoffs. If we emptied the cupboard for McDavid, that's what we would have to look forward to .... missing the playoffs and getting shut down when we do make it. Even a team with Connor McDavid needs a second line (and/or third line) putting pucks in the net. Look at what having Taylor Hall means to the Bruins so far.

Hard to argue with your logic. And it’s shocking to see McDavid kept in check like this- especially since he spent most of 2021 ripping Winnipeg a new a$$hole lol

Edited by MadDog2020

4 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Edmonton is totally backwards.  The hardest thing should be finding elite talent, not filling in the roster around them.   Of course you need depth and a supporting cast but they're literally running Mike McLeod's younger brother Ryan, taken 2 years later and 30 picks down the draft (2nd round, 40th overall) out there as their second line center.  Let that sink in for a minute.   

If you make a move like this, as a GM I'm sure you're confident that you can build a roster around McDavid.   Hell, right off the bat we already have Sharangovich, a good second line(Zacha/Nico/Bratt) and the makings of a good 3rd line between Mercer/Boqvist/Kuokkanen/Foote etc. to go with him.  Again, there's still a lot of work to do but man, things would get interesting fast, especially with all of the extra cap room we have.   

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Edmonton is totally backwards.  The hardest thing should be finding elite talent, not filling in the roster around them.   Of course you need depth and a supporting cast but they're literally running Mike McLeod's younger brother Ryan, taken 2 years later and 30 picks down the draft (2nd round, 40th overall) out there as their second line center.  Let that sink in for a minute.   

If you make a move like this, as a GM I'm sure you're confident that you can build a roster around McDavid.   Hell, right off the bat we already have Sharangovich, a good second line(Zacha/Nico/Bratt) and the makings of a good 3rd line between Mercer/Boqvist/Kuokkanen/Foote etc. to go with him.  Again, there's still a lot of work to do but man, things would get interesting fast, especially with all of the extra cap room we have.   

I guess it's fun to dream a little dream.
But it's not so easy to build a team that can win it all. The Jets are badly exposing the Oilers, who need their depth players to step up. Their old goalie, who has had a good season, has been outplayed, too.

19 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I guess it's fun to dream a little dream.
But it's not so easy to build a team that can win it all. The Jets are badly exposing the Oilers, who need their depth players to step up. Their old goalie, who has had a good season, has been outplayed, too.

Oh, I agree.  It's hard to build a championship roster but I don't think you can pass up a chance to add the best player in the world at that price and I think we would immediately be better than the Oilers, even without a Drai.

...and we would get to watch McDavid every night.    

Edited by Lateralous