Playoffs

point

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i love that my whole life i heard about the devils and their boring trap and that it sucked. Especially from Habs fans. Whenever i'd ask them to actually describe what the trap was, like... what was the actual system... none could describe it other than "well it's really defensive" lol So when i see MTL play the trap and that the same fans bashing the trap then have no idea their own team is playing a version of it now. Confirms further and further that most hockey fans are clueless

I liked when those same people who complained about the trap also touted Scotty Bowman and the Red Wings' left wing lock... which was a form of the trap. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i love that my whole life i heard about the devils and their boring trap and that it sucked. Especially from Habs fans. Whenever i'd ask them to actually describe what the trap was, like... what was the actual system... none could describe it other than "well it's really defensive" lol So when i see MTL play the trap and that the same fans bashing the trap then have no idea their own team is playing a version of it now. Confirms further and further that most hockey fans are clueless

The "trap" is the defensive strategy that the Habs used in the 60s and 70s. You can look up how it worked out for them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I can’t tell you how many beers I won on bets back in the day when someone would lecture me on how boring the Devils were, they never score, etc and I would just say “you know, we did lead the league in goals (2001)”. You couldn’t just look it up on your smartphone back then so it would inevitably lead to a bet.   

And led the the league in goals scored by a huge margin. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. IIRC it was like 90 goals.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I liked when those same people who complained about the trap also touted Scotty Bowman and the Red Wings' left wing lock... which was a form of the trap. 

56 minutes ago, point said:

The "trap" is the defensive strategy that the Habs used in the 60s and 70s. You can look up how it worked out for them.

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly. Jacques Lemaire had to learn it somewhere. 

Guys guys guys, you're making up facts. The Devils ruined hockey by inventing the trap and Marty was only a product of the system. Didn't you see how poor he did in St Louis. They didn't play the trap, and he got exposed.

wake up, sheeple

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Speaking of fictitious narratives, I can't stand this angle of "there's no way Tampa wanted Kucherov out for the season, They still had to qualify for the playoffs and what he's doing now is straight up heroic coming off surgery..."

Oh boy, I gotta respectfully disagree with you. 

Sure seems like he could've played two weeks before the season ended but stayed on LTIR to allow the Bolts to circumvent the cap.

Edit: after re-reading I think we're on the same page. 

Dont day drink kids.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ya the whole kucherov thing was complete bullsh!t, along the lines of the ficticious skin condition for Hossa in Chicago. It really undermines the league integrity 

Don't forget the time Chicago "loaned" Huet and his $5.65 million contract to some Swiss team after his game fell off a cliff and Niemi replaced him in the playoffs. The move got them out of salary cap problems purely by coincidence I'm sure

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You know what I don’t forget? 2002, 2006, and ESPECIALLY 2009. 

At least those teams took ownership of our asses legally.

they didn’t pull bullsh!t to be over $20m over the cap and everyone applauded their “creativeness.” fvck that.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

At least those teams took ownership of our asses legally.

they didn’t pull bullsh!t to be over $20m over the cap and everyone applauded their “creativeness.” fvck that.

Meh. I just don’t really care that much about the Kucherov thing. I’d care a lot more if we were actually in the playoffs with a chance to face Tampa.

Edited by MadDog2020

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Meh. I just don’t really care that much about the Kucherov thing. I’d care a lot more if we were actually in the playoffs with a chance to face Tampa.

I’d care more about our 1-3 record against Carolina if we’d actually make it and face them. I care about Tampa literally cheating and no one in the league caring.