Playoffs

point

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Tampa has a player that nut-checked our 19 year old rookie (about as big a bitch move as you can get). Other than Coleman I see no reason to root for them either.

You don’t live in the Tri-State area though, where the Islander bandwagon has been annoyingly filling up lately. They gotta go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Fair enough. I don’t have to deal with Isles fans, so I can’t speak on that. At least you have a good reason though. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

You don’t live in the Tri-State area though, where the Islander bandwagon has been annoyingly filling up lately. They gotta go.

I get hating a team because of the fan base, and like I said, that’s fair, but I just don’t have a problem with any of their players or coaches. I guess for me, outside of the Rags, I hate individual players more than specific teams. And with the rat out now, my biggest grudge is probably with Hedman and Kucherov. 

45 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I get hating a team because of the fan base, and like I said, that’s fair, but I just don’t have a problem with any of their players or coaches. I guess for me, outside of the Rags, I hate individual players more than specific teams. And with the rat out now, my biggest grudge is probably with Hedman and Kucherov. 

I get it. But yeah, for me, the Isles are an annoying nuisance that needs to be dealt with. I’m not keen on seeing Lou win elsewhere, and while I’d be happy for the ex-Devil brigade, seeing another team in the area that’s a rival, that I don’t like, succeed, doesn’t sit well. The local media coverage is also beginning to get on my nerves. Like I said, the Islanders need to go. The only solace in them doing well is that it royally pisses off Rag fans lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I get it. But yeah, for me, the Isles are an annoying nuisance that needs to be dealt with. I’m not keen on seeing Lou win elsewhere, and while I’d be happy for the ex-Devil brigade, seeing another team in the area that’s a rival, that I don’t like, succeed, doesn’t sit well. The local media coverage is also beginning to get on my nerves. Like I said, the Islanders need to go. The only solace in them doing well is that it royally pisses off Rag fans lol.

Exactly. But I think you have to be local to truly understand it. You can only learn so much on the internet. You have to live it. 

• Like 1

typically i wouldnt mind sh!t like this. but since we got slapped with a "'violating the spirit of the CBA'... it's kind of pissing me off to see stuff like Tampa doing what they did they year. how is that not violating the spirit of the CBA? lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

typically i wouldnt mind sh!t like this. but since we got slapped with a "'violating the spirit of the CBA'... it's kind of pissing me off to see stuff like Tampa doing what they did they year. how is that not violating the spirit of the CBA? lol

NHL and arbitrarily enforcing its own rules - classic duo.  

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s still weird to me that Vegas is playing Montreal in a playoff series that isn’t the Cup Final.

I can't stand this playoff format AT ALL this year.  I mean, right now this isn't even the Conference Finals, it's the "third round" or the "semi-finals" as they're calling it, which in any other year is actually the second round, after the first round/quarter-finals. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I can't stand this playoff format AT ALL this year.  I mean, right now this isn't even the Conference Finals, it's the "third round" or the "semi-finals" as they're calling it, which in any other year is actually the second round, after the first round/quarter-finals. 

No Prince of Wales Trophy or Campbell Bowl presentations either. It’s definitely weird.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s still weird to me that Vegas is playing Montreal in a playoff series that isn’t the Cup Final.

I kinda dig it.  Back before the early 80's, you had finals between Montreal and Boston, Montreal vs Rangers, Islanders vs Philly, etc.

I wouldn't be against a 1-16 bracket irregardless of conferences/divisions.  I always felt like there should always be a good chance that the President's trophy winning team should face the second best team in the regular season in the SCF and not in the second or third rounds.

• Like 1