Playoffs

point

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Best part is all the Habs fans bitching about a non-call when it's clear in the replay he was hit with the puck

oh buddy lol

Habs fans at games are like going to the SPCA or any place where's theres dog kennels... one dog barks... then all dogs starts barking... none, of them know why they are barking but it keeps going.

The last game the whole crowd booed a "missed call" cause they saw their player go down. turns out he stepped on a broken stick that was laying there. Incredibly dumb and knee jerk fanbase

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

oh buddy lol

Habs fans at games are like going to the SPCA or any place where's theres dog kennels... one dog barks... then all dogs starts barking... none, of them know why they are barking but it keeps going.

The last game the whole crowd booed a "missed call" cause they saw their player go down. turns out he stepped on a broken stick that was laying there. Incredibly dumb and knee jerk fanbase

Have you seen a large chunk of ours...?

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

Have you seen a large chunk of ours...?

lol yes but i've been told that i'm absolutely not allowed to ever comment on our fanbase and what they do at games since i'm not local. 

MTL fans are local to me so i assume i'm allowed to talk about them

Going around gatekeeping is hard

On 6/20/2021 at 10:00 PM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Best part is all the Habs fans bitching about a non-call when it's clear in the replay he was hit with the puck

Wait a sec, I think you might have the wrong non-call or I have the wrong game or something.  There was an issue where a Vegas player literally punched one of the Habs players in the face.  The ref was looking straight at it and after the punch he looked away.  Now I’m no Habs fan, but even I am wondering if this ref was paid off by some Vegas bookie.  I’d also point out that this wasn’t in some scrum and hard to see.  It was basically three people on this area of open ice: the ref, the player getting punched in the noggin, and the player doing the punching.  

Here is a link:

https://sports.yahoo.com/canadiens-nhl-fans-outraged-over-referee-chris-lee-montreal-vegas-game-4-performance-161422061.html

Are you talking about something else?  I’m guessing you must be, because this really is a really screwed up situation.  If this happened to the Devils I’d be howling.

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

lol yes but i've been told that i'm absolutely not allowed to ever comment on our fanbase and what they do at games since i'm not local. 

MTL fans are local to me so i assume i'm allowed to talk about them

Going around gatekeeping is hard

Whoa, who said that!?  That doesn’t seem right.  Do you bleed red? Then you.... wait a second, that doesn’t work.  doe you bleed Red and Green?  Then you are one of us!

After posting my last message i noticed that it seems like there have been a few of these non-calls that weren’t calls with the Habs. It seems they finally have a legit one to complain about.  

13 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

Whoa, who said that!?  That doesn’t seem right.  Do you bleed red? Then you.... wait a second, that doesn’t work.  doe you bleed Red and Green?  Then you are one of us!

After posting my last message i noticed that it seems like there have been a few of these non-calls that weren’t calls with the Habs. It seems they finally have a legit one to complain about.  

The actual line is "if it bleeds we can kill it" :P

But I know quite a few posters told me this many times. I'm pretty sure i remember a few specifically but there's not point in bringing those names up.

Well officiating was bad in general and it became a topic. And they showed clips and its clearly showing that both sides got away with a lot.  They showed Edmundson crossed checkng a dude in the back with his face in the boards, they showed another MTL player slashing a player in the wrists constantly, they showed a vegas player punching suzuki, a vegas player hitting a mtl player from behind in the boards and weber cross checking dudes in the back. 

So the refs are just missing or letting a lot of that sh!t happen. But of course when you pick a side, you only see those things going against you. 

Edited by SterioDesign

I mean, they were obviously going at each other, Barzal came up high with the stick. Major penalty and a game misconduct is fine by me, maybe a fine. It’s not like he mugged a guy who wasn’t looking, they were doing a little back and forth and he got the better of it. 

What I did not like was Barzal trying to forcibly remove the ref’s hand from his jersey. You aren’t supposed to do that to the officials. 

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's morons in every fan base and fandom. Facebook is somehow even worse with the vast majority of people coming across as absolute dolts. 

That’s what I’m getting at, our team’s social media has given our real idiots a platform to have a loud voice. Even more so then yelling “where’s the penalty” as Clarkson or Palmeri trip over the blue line for the 3rd time a period.

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

But we know they don’t have any balls when it comes to punishing stars, sooooo….. yeah. 

I dunno, they took Scheifele out of the playoffs for his hit.  

They're wildly inconsistent, not going to argue that.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

That’s what I’m getting at, our team’s social media has given our real idiots a platform to have a loud voice. Even more so then yelling “where’s the penalty” as Clarkson or Palmeri trip over the blue line for the 3rd time a period.

There's just no way around this in today's day and age - morons gather in groups on twitter and facebook.  You just have to not acknowledge them (I'm pointing at you, Amanda) and go on with your day.

Anyone judging our fan base based on the reactions of people on twitter are just... uninformed anyway.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

I disagree that he “didn’t mug a guy that wasn’t looking”; he very literally mugged a guy that wasn’t looking.

They were facing each other and They were shoving each other. He may not have known he was about to get cross checked in the grill, but he was definitely looking. 

9 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

Wait a sec, I think you might have the wrong non-call or I have the wrong game or something.  There was an issue where a Vegas player literally punched one of the Habs players in the face.  The ref was looking straight at it and after the punch he looked away.  Now I’m no Habs fan, but even I am wondering if this ref was paid off by some Vegas bookie.  I’d also point out that this wasn’t in some scrum and hard to see.  It was basically three people on this area of open ice: the ref, the player getting punched in the noggin, and the player doing the punching.  

Here is a link:

https://sports.yahoo.com/canadiens-nhl-fans-outraged-over-referee-chris-lee-montreal-vegas-game-4-performance-161422061.html

Are you talking about something else?  I’m guessing you must be, because this really is a really screwed up situation.  If this happened to the Devils I’d be howling.

You're quoting me from a few games ago so no, this isn't what I was talking about

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

There's just no way around this in today's day and age - morons gather in groups on twitter and facebook.  You just have to not acknowledge them (I'm pointing at you, Amanda) and go on with your day.

Anyone judging our fan base based on the reactions of people on twitter are just... uninformed anyway.  

Don't expect Amanda to quit.  She's always starved for attention.

The problem with the bolded is that over the past few years I have met more Devils fans in real life (at games, in bars watching the game, etc) who think more along the lines of the Twitter/FB masses than not.  It doesn't help when the actual team's social media keeps spewing out its own nonsense such as spending nearly a week pushing out how our terrible fourth liners are such nice guys.

• Like 1