Playoffs

point

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Not surprising that happened in Montreal last night.  Back in 1993 after they won the cup there famously were riots in Montreal that had to subdued with tear gas by police.

Yup and they did it earlier this month.

And they did it back in the 50's when to them... Maurice richard was only suspended cause he was french... and not cause he broke a stick hitting a player twice, and knocked a ref unconscious with a punch.... 

What a fvcking rotten fanbase

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s hardly unique to just Montreal. There were riots in Vancouver last time they were in the finals back in 2011. 

So out of 30+ teams in NHL history. One fanbase did it multiple times and because one other team did it once... it's hardly unique? lol

And it's not about just hockey. They do this sh!t constantly in Quebec. Education cost go up slightly? there's riots and protests. The power company wants to raise their fees slightly? there's riots and protests. One of their player gets injured? there's riots and protests. All the time lol

Edited by SterioDesign

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s hardly unique to just Montreal. There were riots in Vancouver last time they were in the finals back in 2011. 

And many, many other times in many, many other places. Detroit, Boston, Philadelphia, and Denver, to name a few. 

It's equally stupid regardless of the sport, location and fanbase. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So out of 30+ teams in NHL history. One fanbase did it multiple times and because one other team did it once... it's hardly unique? lol 

Colorado did it twice. 

I recall the Vancouver one being especially bad. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Does it take anything away that burning and trashing your city is not a dumb thing to do? Cause someone else did it? 

Umm…

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And many, many other times in many, many other places. Detroit, Boston, Philadelphia, and Denver, to name a few. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

oh totally lol have you read stuff on the internet lately? haha

No, I try to limit my internet reading to this site and a couple of hobby sites. 

Anyone who advocates for a riot after winning (or losing) is a moron. 

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Vancouver also had a pretty nasty one after they lost to the Rangers.  i don't recall what happened in 1982. I also don't recall whether they rioted in 1915 when the Millionaires won the cup.😀

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

"celebrate"

Last night:

204173348_116909790627925_3181759838474476909_n.jpg

To be honest nobody would be celebrating in the streets here anyway, everyone's out pretty quickly to get in their cars or catch a train lol Even with the 2012 run there was nothing like this, maybe if we actually won the Cup it would have been different but I'm not even so sure about that lol

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I never fully understood fanbases rioting and trashing their own cities to begin with.  It's even dumber when a team wins and they trash their own neighborhoods.

Vancouver, while stupid, did it when they lost.  Montreal and others do it when they win.

Edited by DevsMan84