Playoffs

point

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

It would be tough with how good a couple of the Lightning have been. My vote would probably go to Point unless he disappears next round. 

Yeah I have to agree. 14G, 6A in 17 games, not sure if that includes tonight’s game. That’s pretty impressive work. 

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Thank goodness that's over and I can go back to not giving a sh!t who wins. fvck the Islanders and their entire fan base. 

Ngl, it would have been fun seeing you and SD hate-watch a Habs/Isles final lol. 

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I can’t see Zajac continuing on with them. Let’s be honest, if Wahlstrom stayed healthy, would he have even cracked the lineup? And having cracked the lineup, did he impress anyone?

Palmieri was as he was with us. For a few games he looks like an All-Star, then for more than a few games he disappears. I mocked his dumb beard mercilessly when he was here, but dude was definitely weird looking without it. There has to be a happy medium. 

Yeah you’re right re:  Zajac.  He was more of a spare part for the Isles.

Palms did just enough during the playoffs that I could see Lou signing him to a team-friendly deal.  Maybe two years at $4-4.5 million each.  Not sure what the Isles’ cap situation is.  

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Ngl, it would have been fun seeing you and SD hate-watch a Habs/Isles final lol. 

I don't think i could have watched lol not only i can't stand to see Habs fans do wtv they do. But it would have been a boring series to watch. 2 trap teams that i don't care about. MTL Vegas was really boring too.

When its your team playing the trap its not as bad cause its your team shutting down the other team. But when you jjust wanna watch fun hockey, youre not getting that lol

After all the talk about Kucherov on LTIR this year, It will be interesting to see how the Lightning get to the cap for next year.  

Im sure he has a NTC but the savage move that solves all of their problem would be to trade or expose their Captain to the expansion draft.   Stamkos seems like he’s always hurt and when he does play, he doesn’t really seem to bring that much to the table anymore other than the threat of the one timer on the PP.  He’s basically just a luxury for the Lightning at this point in his career.  

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

After all the talk about Kucherov on LTIR this year, It will be interesting to see how the Lightning get to the cap for next year.  

Im sure he has a NTC but the savage move that solves all of their problem would be to trade or expose their Captain to the expansion draft.   Stamkos seems like he’s always hurt and when he does play, he doesn’t really seem to bring that much to the table anymore other than the threat of the one timer on the PP.  He’s basically just a luxury for the Lightning at this point in his career.  

Well first they'll lose a pretty good player to Seattle making at least 5m. Then Coleman won't be re-signed. Then there's a few UFA that won't re-sign like Coleman. so thats a start. They will likely make moves too

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Well first they'll lose a pretty good player to Seattle making at least 5m. Then Coleman won't be re-signed. Then there's a few UFA that won't re-sign like Coleman. so thats a start. They will likely make moves too

If I'm Seattle, I'm telling the Bolts I'm taking the lowest salary guy on their list. If they don't like it, they're going to overpay me to take their contracts. I don't see Francis being a charity case to anyone, I see him pulling a Vegas 2.0 and really taking it to some teams

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If I'm Seattle, I'm telling the Bolts I'm taking the lowest salary guy on their list. If they don't like it, they're going to overpay me to take their contracts. I don't see Francis being a charity case to anyone, I see him pulling a Vegas 2.0 and really taking it to some teams

yeah he could also potentially take on cap space for picks or prospects.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve never bought Conference Champions gear. I probably wouldn’t but Stanley Cup Champs gear either, maybe a hat. Fanatics clothing is garbage quality at top of the market prices. 

Back in 2006 i was doing my internship at a clothing / printing company. And that year the Memorial Cup was in Moncton. And usually the hosting team will always be in the tournament no matter what. Then all the other champions from the other canadian leagues. But Moncton was champion of the Q already so Quebec that was 2nd got a spot.

The final ended up being Quebec vs Moncton. So we made champions hat for both teams, cause they obviously need to be ready for when the game is over for the celebration and all. 

That was the Radulov year and he was insane. Quebec won so all those Wildcats champions hat had to be destroyed but i kept one and would wear it around as a joke every once in awhile and people were like wtf? lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Back in 2006 i was doing my internship at a clothing / printing company. And that year the Memorial Cup was in Moncton. And usually the hosting team will always be in the tournament no matter what. Then all the other champions from the other canadian leagues. But Moncton was champion of the Q already so Quebec that was 2nd got a spot.

The final ended up being Quebec vs Moncton. So we made champions hat for both teams, cause they obviously need to be ready for when the game is over for the celebration and all. 

That was the Radulov year and he was insane. Quebec won so all those Wildcats champions hat had to be destroyed but i kept one and would wear it around as a joke every once in awhile and people were like wtf? lol

I guess I see why they have to make both, but it is kind of wasteful. Pretty cool to have one of the “wrong” ones, even if you just wear it as a prank. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve never bought Conference Champions gear. I probably wouldn’t but Stanley Cup Champs gear either, maybe a hat. Fanatics clothing is garbage quality at top of the market prices. 

I still have my 03 champions shirt that looks like they used Word Art for it. It’s paper thin, but somehow I still fit into it almost 20 years later.

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess I see why they have to make both, but it is kind of wasteful. Pretty cool to have one of the “wrong” ones, even if you just wear it as a prank. 

When the New England Patriots failed to win the Super Bowl to complete what would have been the first 19-0 season in NFL history, T-shirts that would’ve commemorated that achievement wound up being sent to Nicaragua, where they were given to impoverished children to wear.  Nice way to find a second life for what would’ve been useless here.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

When the New England Patriots failed to win the Super Bowl to complete what would have been the first 19-0 season in NFL history, T-shirts that would’ve commemorated that achievement wound up being sent to Nicaragua, where they were given to impoverished children to wear.  Nice way to find a second life for what would’ve been useless here.

I think that is pretty much the standard now, right?

Its a dark meme, but I do enjoy seeing the dancing child with the caption "XXXXXX Champions gear arrives here next week!"

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I think that is pretty much the standard now, right?

Its a dark meme, but I do enjoy seeing the dancing child with the caption "XXXXXX Champions gear arrives here next week!"

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's been going on for a while now. Crude humor indeed, but it's way better than wasting the stuff - at least it's going to people who need it and for a good cause.