Playoffs

point

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Okay, well Montreal may have a pulse….

That was an awful goal to give up. Now Montreal is going to think they can like...do stuff... like show heart and give effort. Tampa needs to score again before MTL try some Disney movie shiz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s too bad Vegas didn’t beat Montreal. I think Tampa-Vegas would’ve been a much better series.

its too bad vegas beat Colorado. I think Colorado was beating MTL based on the matchup.

Colorado Tampa would have been a great final

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am alright with overpaying, but not the "whatever-it-takes" kind of overpayment.  He still is a 3rd liner on a good team player that you just don't back the Brinks truck up for.  I would rather have that go towards something else.

McDavid might not make Edmonton cup contenders, but without him they are right with us on being a bottom 5 team in the league.  Him and Drai basically willed that team into the playoffs.  I would say he moves the needle.

I know this isn't basketball where 1 or 2 players can make a team go from a middling team to a contender overnight.  However, I am done with the Simmonds/Stafford kind of signings and trades for other teams most expendable players.  That philosophy hasn't made a dent in the past 4-5 seasons and a change is needed.  The letting go of players like Greene, Zajac, and Palmieri is a step in the right direction, but at some point I would like to see moves with the intent of improving the team rather than deadline dumps, moves to reach the cap floor or moves that have to go through some sort of ROI vetting before they are made.  Devils gotta take a risk eventually and not always do the safe or financially smart move.

Amen. It would be nice, at least for me, if the Devils would make moves that get the team playing in round one of the playoffs sometime before 2025. IMO this rebuild is taking too long to taste round 1 of the playoffs. The present team lacks, defensive and offensive talent to make that jump, they just keep picking up bottom 6 and 3 players. 

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

my wife and i are expecting our first in November and I can’t imagine willingly missing that for a fvcking sporting event.

what a loser. 

Yeah there’s no event in the world that would’ve made me miss my daughter’s birth…no fvcking way!

Congrats man…all I can say is, make sure you enjoy every single stage, live in those moments as much as you can…because it all goes by so friggin’ FAST.  One minute you’re standing over your newborn that weighs less than a cat, feeling her pain as a nurse sticks her heel for a jaundice test…the next, she’s 5’ 7” (yes, taller than you, from what I remember), about to be a teenager and an 8th grader, and is completely her own person…not necessarily like me or my wife or some combo of us, but a unique individual with her own ideas and ways of looking at things.  Enjoy it all man!

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

my wife and i are expecting our first in November and I can’t imagine willingly missing that for a fvcking sporting event.

what a loser. 

…and even worse, he’s bragging about it.  At least if you’re going to have your priorities all screwed up, don’t advertise it.   

Anyway, Congrats.  Sleep now while you still can!

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

what a loser. 

It’s either 100% bullsh!t and he was looking for his 15 seconds of fame…

or he’s a complete a$$hole.

in either case, fvck him

best of luck to you and the Mrs!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MB3 said:

lmao i actually laughed out loud at the height chirp. i’m 5’-9”! not all of us can be 6’-6” you jerk. 

thanks for the pointers. and thanks everyone for the well wishes!  we’re having a little baby boy and I cannot fvcking wait. 

Thank god I’m not 6’ 6”, heh heh…I’m a shade under 6’ 1”.  My brother is the tall one…about 6’ 4”.  My uncle on my mom’s side is also 6’ 4”.  

My daughter is just about to pass her mom…I’m guessing when all is said and done, she’ll be about your height.  Can’t see her growing past that, though it’s a possibility…my wife’s bro is 6’ 5”.  

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

what a loser. 

Congrats man, happy for you. 

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

with 2 goals in the first 5 minutes at least he didn't have to wait long to know it wasn't worth it lol

Yeah he probably shoulda left at that point. 

10 hours ago, MB3 said:

what a loser. 

Congrats! 

Not saying I would do what he did but I think it's even worse that this was a game that Montreal couldn't even win the cup, if it was a possible cup clinching game last night then it's still a sh!tty thing to do but at least it makes a bit more sense since you may only see 1 Cup win in person in your lifetime while you can always try to have another kid lol

He also could be lying and just looking for attention since he has a mask on anyway so its harder to recognize him lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Congrats! 

Not saying I would do what he did but I think it's even worse that this was a game that Montreal couldn't even win the cup, if it was a possible cup clinching game last night then it's still a sh!tty thing to do but at least it makes a bit more sense since you may only see 1 Cup win in person in your lifetime while you can always try to have another kid lol

He also could be lying and just looking for attention since he has a mask on anyway so its harder to recognize him and he couldn't even spell child correctly lol

the Canadian logo is a CH so that's the thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

It’s either 100% bullsh!t and he was looking for his 15 seconds of fame…

or he’s a complete a$$hole.

in either case, fvck him

best of luck to you and the Mrs!

Definitely agree he's just bsing, with the mask on he can just show his friends/family that he fooled everyone to believing this and how it went viral lol

I'm sure other people have done this in the past though but just haven't broadcasted it lol 

I know if the Red Bulls were in the MLS Cup Final that I would miss basically everything else besides a birth/immediate family members death. Wedding? Funeral? I'll be at the cup final lol but I've also traveled thousands of miles over the years to watch them get knocked out in the playoffs every year so it's something I've been waiting for my entire life. I don't have much left on my list of things that I wanna see live in sports but the Red Bulls winning an MLS Cup is the last one since the US is never gonna win a world cup in my lifetime lol

• Like 1

Yeah plus anyone that just had a child knows how that goes down. It's often out of the blues, you had to be ready and its go go go. I could understand an argument where its like "well i paid 10k for my seats bla bla bla (not a good argument but i get it). But there's no way that'd make sense where buddy would have the time to actually make a sign for it.

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

lmao i actually laughed out loud at the height chirp. i’m 5’-9”! not all of us can be 6’-6” you jerk. 

thanks for the pointers. and thanks everyone for the well wishes!  we’re having a little baby boy and I cannot fvcking wait. 

If you value sleep in any way at all, you can wait!  We just had our third last April and I haven't slept in 6 years (when the first was born).  I don't anticipate getting a good night's sleep for another 2 or 3 years.  But I did it to myself.. worth it.

Congrats though.  In a few more years you will have a golf buddy!  Makes it easier to get out of the house when you take a kid with you.

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

His sh!t is probably all out in the front yard this morning and hopefully he has a son his wife went and named Blake or Brayden.   

Probably not getting a piece of her kucherov for a while either 

Love the use of Kuch here, bravo. He certainly is one for the bs stunt him and Tbay pulled this year.

8 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Love the use of Kuch here, bravo. He certainly is one for the bs stunt him and Tbay pulled this year.

there's 2 way to look at this.

While it's certainly going against the spirit of the CBA in my opinion. It still deserves some credits. We've seen guys come back from injury and it took awhile for them to regain their level of play. Kuch came back and was on fire out of the gate, very very hard to do when you havent seen NHL action for months.

Then making the playoffs missing a guy like Kucherov is also not easy. Shows how insanely deep that team is. Winning a cup without Stamkos playing, making the playoffs easily without their best forward out all season, etc etc easier said than done