Playoffs

point

So The Athletic ranked every Stanley Cup winning goal from the last 25 years and Arnott’s came in #3. I think it should be 1st (or at least 2nd) but obviously I’m biased.

#3. 2000 – Jason Arnott, Devils

One year after Hull’s controversial winner, the Stars are on the receiving end of some karmic retribution in another Game 6 OT. No controversy here, though, as Arnott converts a picture-perfect blind backhand pass from Patrik Elias to score the first double-overtime Cup winner in 50 years.

Rupp’s wasn’t so high lol.

https://theathletic.com/2679192/2021/07/05/down-goes-brown-each-of-the-last-25-stanley-cup-winning-goals-ranked-from-worst-to-best/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s crap. 

The Fedotenko goal was run of the mill. 

McCarty made a great move for a guy not known for his great moves, but the Arnott goal won the Cup in overtime. It was a way better moment, not even close. 

I looked twice at the Fedotenko goal and my thought was WTF was the big deal other than scoring a goal.

6 hours ago, Brewskies said:

I looked twice at the Fedotenko goal and my thought was WTF was the big deal other than scoring a goal.

Yeah that one is waaaay too high. The author justifies it by saying the play by Lecavalier to get Fedotenko the puck was what made the goal so great.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

The author can't be wrong it is what he thought. We can disagree. 

He’s entitled to his opinion, that doesn’t make it a correct opinion. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm amazed @mfitz804 didn't call this the Pavel Zacha Cup

Yup, 2nd place, they give you the PZ Cup which has a hairline crack in it so it can almost hold liquid. 

This is why MTL fans are so dumb. They have people on TV and radio inciting and putting those dumb ideas in their heads and they are sheeps.

All the rioting and destruction is because of that. When the Chara-Pacioretty thing happened. It was some sports radio personality from MTL who cranked them to do it. Then the city had to send a public message out to STOP clogging the emergency lines for calls to arrest Chara and to leave the line open for actually emergencies. They are absolutely dumb. 

16 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

that doesn't make your opinion correct either.  It's an opinion, period, disagree. Never mind... You won't get it. 

If your opinion is that an elephant is a bird, you're wrong. 

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

This is why MTL fans are so dumb. They have people on TV and radio inciting and putting those dumb ideas in their heads and they are sheeps.

All the rioting and destruction is because of that. When the Chara-Pacioretty thing happened. It was some sports radio personality from MTL who cranked them to do it. Then the city had to send a public message out to STOP clogging the emergency lines for calls to arrest Chara and to leave the line open for actually emergencies. They are absolutely dumb. 

That is pretty dumb. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If your opinion is that an elephant is a bird, you're wrong. 

That is pretty dumb. 

Well that's why when i say Habs fans are dumb and people go "there's dumb fans in all fanbase". Like. yeah, obviously. But there's just something worst for them cause its part of their culture in Quebec to be entitled and intense like that.