Playoffs

point

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Conn Smythe to the “overrated” goalie lol. 

He's unreal. 4 consecutive vezina nominations. He won the vezina. 5 consecutive shutouts in series clinching games. That dude is steady AF. Many are trying to take away credits from him cause he's on a stacked team, that's bullsh!t, of course it helps when your D doesnt leave guys like Crosby in the slot by himself like we did all season, but you watch this dude play and he's insane. Best goalie in the league over the last 4 years. The media are constantly pushing so damn hard so that Price is perceived as the best still, he was for 2 season but he's been up and down from amazing to terrible through the last 4 years. Hell he got his goalie coach fired this season while he had a .875 save %. I'd hate to see MTL win a cup but i like Price though and wish he'd get traded and win one somewhere else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Holtz just lost his title for most honest and brutal post-game interview.

Interestingly enough, the league stopped drug testing during COVID….

(I’m 100% making that up)

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kucherov is hammered 🤣

Or been doing a little of Columbia’s finest…. 

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Holtz just lost his title for most honest and brutal post-game interview.

That was actually pretty awesome.  It feels like an interview with a dude that just won his beer league championship, not the Stanley Cup.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

That was actually pretty awesome.  It feels like an interview with a dude that just won his beer league championship, not the Staley Cup.    

All i know is that Habs fans are collectively losing their minds about that jab lolol

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Kucherov is so easy to root for. From everyone who plays with him, he's supposedly the nicest guy in the room at all times. He's so effortlessly insanely talented, always pumps everyone else's tires. What an interview from a hell of a player.

I hope the whole LTIR thing isn't a black stain on him as a player; that decision was clearly not his to make.

Funny you mention that, I think he's the biggest heel in the league.  He plays on the edge (Vatanen hit specifically), he sat out extra time to legally circumvent the cap, and he still destroys in the playoffs.  He looks eternally grumpy and he went out of his way to sh!t all over the Habs fanbase sore winner style.  He wasn't factually wrong in saying that, just an a$$hole.

I don't care either way, I just thought this take was interesting because I was having the exact opposite conversation with my buddies earlier.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

i mean literally living the dream. marries a dallas cowboys cheerleader, wins 2 cups, has a couple kids, and is about to become "fvck you" rich because he had elite seasons right before unrestricted free agency.

Hopefully we bring all of that back to reality by signing him now lol

So today overall what i gathered from Habs fans on my feed is mostly

1) Kucherov is a douchebag

2) Vasilevski is only good because his gear is so much bigger than Price's gear.

3) They are upset at Bettman for not mentioning their great run when he did the Stanley cup speech. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

So today overall what i gathered from Habs fans on my feed is mostly

1) Kucherov is a douchebag

2) Vasilevski is only good because his gear is so much bigger than Price's gear.

3) They are upset at Bettman for not mentioning their great run when he did the Stanley cup speech. 

Well one of those is correct. 

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

The Vatanen hit was annoying but it's not like that was some bush league bullsh!t. I probably hated it at the time, but playing with an edge is just part of hockey. He didn't try to end anyone's career. 

And look, the lightning are his employer. They told him they needed him to take a few weeks off to bag skate so they could keep the band together, and he listened. I don't blame the player for that.

The Montreal thing is just funny as fvck. I'd take that interview 10 times over the good ole canadian boy "ah, yeah, ya know. Montreal, that's a great opponent. They worked so hard. We just had to, ya know, dig deep. We're really close in that locker room. But hats off to montreal, ah, ya know, their great fans, for a hell of a series (that we fvcking dominated)." 

Absolutely. Great interview of a person.
Gosh, I miss guys like Avery. We must hate him but he was made a part of our rivalry history. There were emotional hockey. 
And this interview is a little part of emotional part of the game. How boring Mcdavid and Crosby are. They talk like monks. Goodwill ambassadors. This is hockey,  not a UN meeting. 
I really like Marchand. Not because he can hit Smith in his head. Just because he has personality and make hockey colourful. Not bland.

I hope Danault signs somewhere else and that some fans realize how important he truly is. Some fans and the media are so obsessed with giving Price 100% of the credits any time they win that they won't accept the notion that Danault shutting down top lines like he does has a HUGE impact on their success. They even call him overrated. Get your pizza buddy and get out

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Absolutely. Great interview of a person.
Gosh, I miss guys like Avery. We must hate him but he was made a part of our rivalry history. There were emotional hockey. 
And this interview is a little part of emotional part of the game. How boring Mcdavid and Crosby are. They talk like monks. Goodwill ambassadors. This is hockey,  not a UN meeting. 
I really like Marchand. Not because he can hit Smith in his head. Just because he has personality and make hockey colourful. Not bland.

Avery and Marchand?? You’re dead to me. 

• Haha 1