Playoffs

point

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Forget a deep run, they can’t even get out of the first round- they haven’t won a playoff series since 2004 lol

The Atlanta Thrashers have as many first round playoff series wins as the Leafs since then.

• Like 1

Imagine going through that whole rebuild, top 10 picks in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016 that got you Reilly, Nylander, Marner, and Matthews, and your reward when you become a regular playoff team is to choke out in the first round ever year. That's just crazy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Imagine going through that whole rebuild, top 10 picks in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016 that got you Reilly, Nylander, Marner, and Matthews, and your reward when you become a regular playoff team is to choke out in the first round ever year. That's just crazy. 

So far fetched dude, would never happen. 

32 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Sheiffle or however you spell it just took off Evans head as he scored an empty net goal. Just elbow right to the head, didn't even try for the puck. 

Absolutely a bad hit, and a head hit, but I didn’t see it as just an elbow to the head, at least not in a Domi-Niedermayer kind of way. He tried to take the body and threw an awful hit, both in time and location.

Hope Evans is ok after he recovers from that concussion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Sheiffle or however you spell it just took off Evans head as he scored an empty net goal. Just elbow right to the head, didn't even try for the puck. 

i assume you meant shoulder to the head? Cause his elbow is tucked in as low as it possibly can be inside his body by his hips.

Still a bad hit / charging / to a vulnerable player. Hard to say if the head was the primarly point of contact, kind of looks like the chest took the initial hit but wtv. Its still charging a vulnerable player. But if someone sees an elbow to the head there, they probably shouldnt drive and need glasses haha

1971875614_ScreenShot2021-06-03at2_25_20AM.png.1015ba9da1b9b1e0b10624d67d4756a0.png

Edited by SterioDesign

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i assume you meant shoulder to the head? Cause his elbow is tucked in as low as it possibly can be inside his body by his hips.

Still a bad hit / charging / to a vulnerable player. Hard to say if the head was the primarly point of contact, kind of looks like the chest took the initial hit but wtv. Its still charging a vulnerable player. But if someone sees an elbow to the head there, they probably shouldnt drive and need glasses haha

1971875614_ScreenShot2021-06-03at2_25_20AM.png.1015ba9da1b9b1e0b10624d67d4756a0.png

Elbow, shoulder, whatever. Clear premeditated intent to injure. He's not even looking at the puck here 

F20DC2B6-3B07-4352-97EC-9B6227F93AC3.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah that's a brutal hit that might not have looked out of place in the 90s, but it's clearly unacceptable in today's league.

If they don't suspend him Montreal will target him all night.

I would argue it is charging even in the 90's.

Charging is another penalty that for whatever reason doesn't get called as often as it should these days.  You used to see it get called far more 20+ years ago than you do today.

• Like 4

I don’t agree that there was intent to injure. He was definitely looking to run him over with a devastating hit, he should be penalized, and suspended, but I don’t even think the head was the primary point of contact.

When he delivers the hit, you don’t see Evans’ head snap at the moment of contact, which makes me think the chest was first. @SterioDesign’s picture above makes that pretty clear. 

• Like 1

I guess the refs wanted to go home early last night in Colorado, that "slashing" call on Vegas in the first minute of the ot was absolutely pathetic. Barely touched the Colorado players stick, didn't even break, and the guy only had 1 hand on his stick and throws his hands up in the air like omg I was slashed.

Absolutely hate those calls, hold on to your damn stick. I'd be irritate if that call cost the Devils a playoff game. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I guess the refs wanted to go home early last night in Colorado, that "slashing" call on Vegas in the first minute of the ot was absolutely pathetic. Barely touched the Colorado players stick, didn't even break, and the guy only had 1 hand on his stick and throws his hands up in the air like omg I was slashed.

Absolutely hate those calls, hold on to your damn stick. I'd be irritate if that call cost the Devils a playoff game. 

It was a terrible call. I’d be furious too if a call like that cost the Devils a playoff game, and I’m sure Vegas fans are.

• Like 1