Playoffs

point

That review on the 5th Vegas goal is my biggest issue with these reviews. They spend 3-5 mins reviewing if the puck crossed the line and if its a good goal, call it a goal and then Colorado challenges for goaltender interference and they spend another 3-5 mins reviewing it. Just call it a goal or not and stop wasting everyone's time ffs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

it only cements for me the fact that he chose not to stay in NJ. The fact that he is pointing out the obvious reason why is of no moment. 

How did he choose not to stay in NJ?  He got traded.  It's not like he was a free agent, had a choice to sign here, and said "Peace out, I'm going elsewhere".

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

How did he choose not to stay in NJ?  He got traded.  It's not like he was a free agent, had a choice to sign here, and said "Peace out, I'm going elsewhere".

He had a no trade clause, he couldn’t be traded without wanting to. 

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

According to Fitz, Zajac came to them and said he would like to be traded to a contender. They already knew Lou had been interested last year but Zajac wouldn't wave his no trade. 

I don't think Zajac said anything wrong or crazy though. The Devils are a ways off from being where the Isles are at the moment. He didn't fit anymore and he was aware of it

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

According to Fitz, Zajac came to them and said he would like to be traded to a contender. They already knew Lou had been interested last year but Zajac wouldn't wave his no trade. 

I don't think Zajac said anything wrong or crazy though. The Devils are a ways off from being where the Isles are at the moment. He didn't fit anymore and he was aware of it

I didn’t mean to imply he did something wrong, he did what he had to do. I hold no ill will. But it’s further evidence of his decision and why it was made. 

17 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I don't blame him at all. Chance at getting a spot on a team going on a playoff run? In the twilight of your career? With 2 of your former teammates, and your former GM? While also helping your former team pick up a few picks? No-brainer. I waive that NTC in a heartbeat. 

I’m sure helping the Devils was not part of his thought process, but he could’ve had that chance last year and (reportedly) said no, so it’s interesting to hear part of his thought process re: saying yes this year. 

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m sure helping the Devils was not part of his thought process, but he could’ve had that chance last year and (reportedly) said no, so it’s interesting to hear part of his thought process re: saying yes this year. 

I believe the major thing for him to me was not wanting to be away from his family/house for 1.5 years, lot easier to only have to drive/stay on Long Island for a few months this year and worst case scenario if you hate it you can try to sign back with the Devils next year.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I believe the major thing for him to me was not wanting to be away from his family/house for 1.5 years, lot easier to only have to drive/stay on Long Island for a few months this year and worst case scenario if you hate it you can try to sign back with the Devils next year.

Maybe. Don’t really know. But we do know he acknowledged there was no place for him in the new system, which is clearly correct. 

If he signs back here in the offseason, then that quote was full of sh!t. 

Just now, Lateralous said:

Canadiens are on a roll!  It will be interesting to see how they do when they get out of the North.  Are they peaking at just the right time or is the North really this bad?  Probably a bit of both.   

Zacha being successful is to mfitz getting triggered as the Canadiens winning is to ______ getting triggered. 

Fill in the blank lol. 

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Canadiens are on a roll!  It will be interesting to see how they do when they get out of the North.  Are they peaking at just the right time or is the North really this bad?  Probably a bit of both.   

I have a friend who is a Canadiens fan and even in his most optimistic imagination he didn't expect this. I think they might suffer from "just happy to be here" if they move on

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I have a friend who is a Canadiens fan and even in his most optimistic imagination he didn't expect this. I think they might suffer from "just happy to be here" if they move on

If they have to sit around for a week before the next round starts, I doubt they are able to get back to this level.   

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s good, because Colorado or Vegas is going to absolutely shred them. 

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s good, because Colorado or Vegas is going to absolutely shred them. 

yeah that's going to be the real test. Cause we all know Toronto are choke artists. They didnt win a playoffs series since 2004. They couldn't even win the play in last season.

Then they have 3 guys paid over 10m. 2 of them couldn't produce and the other one was knocked out of the series game 1. What is that going to do to your depth? Plus you have a guy sending the puck directly to an opponent's stick for a 2 on 0 breakaway in OT lol 

MTL it typical MTL fashion got outplayed most of the series and were opportunistic.

Then the jets doesnt have that much of a strong team. They were able to shut down the oilers top line. which is all you have to do to win against them. Then they lost Scheifele and didnt play well the rest of the series. The OT was pathetic. They made a series or super soft attempts to get the puck out of their zone, super sloppy, lost every battle in the sequence and they got scored on. Mtl played a tight series, pretty well and systematic, playing the trap but 95% of their fanbase doesnt know that. lol

I hope colorado or vegas destroys them