Playoffs

point

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

oh totally lol have you read stuff on the internet lately? haha

No, I try to limit my internet reading to this site and a couple of hobby sites. 

Anyone who advocates for a riot after winning (or losing) is a moron. 

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So out of 30+ teams in NHL history. One fanbase did it multiple times and because one other team did it once... it's hardly unique? lol

Vancouver also had a pretty nasty one after they lost to the Rangers.  i don't recall what happened in 1982. I also don't recall whether they rioted in 1915 when the Millionaires won the cup.😀

13 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

With that said, I think what mfitz was saying is that, in a fast-paced game like hockey, you don't always have the luxury of being able to think and assess a situation for all of its subtle nuances and take advantage of a situation.  Sure the best players are those who can anticipate and predict things on the ice in split seconds, but so much of the game is reactionary, and things often happen by accident and sheer coincidence, or a player doing what he thinks is in the best interest of himself and his team, but not necessarily with regard to the specific individual player that he might be facing or near at the moment.

It's not like there's a 4th liner dealing with a wrist injury. This is one of the best players in the world, on a team who exploited his injury situation to keep the team under a salary cap in a very public way. Every single player on the ice knows Kucherov is out there and is potentially still recovering from an injury. 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

"celebrate"

Last night:

204173348_116909790627925_3181759838474476909_n.jpg

To be honest nobody would be celebrating in the streets here anyway, everyone's out pretty quickly to get in their cars or catch a train lol Even with the 2012 run there was nothing like this, maybe if we actually won the Cup it would have been different but I'm not even so sure about that lol

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

And many, many other times in many, many other places. Detroit, Boston, Philadelphia, and Denver, to name a few. 

It's equally stupid regardless of the sport, location and fanbase. 

I never fully understood fanbases rioting and trashing their own cities to begin with.  It's even dumber when a team wins and they trash their own neighborhoods.

Vancouver, while stupid, did it when they lost.  Montreal and others do it when they win.

Edited by DevsMan84

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

hope zajac puts in the winner. i want lou to get another cup. 

I havent done a relationship analogy in awhile so...

This is like if you get a divorce with your wife after she completely ruined your finances and somehow got the house, the kids, the dog and everything in court. Then started dating some rich dude.

And you're there sitting in your parent's basement with absolutely nothing but your own clothes going "awww, i hope she gets married again and live an happy life". Only remembering the good years and blinded to the fact that he's at the bottom of the pit because of her.

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

This is like if you get a divorce with your wife after she completely ruined your finances and somehow got the house, the kids, the dog and everything in court. Then started dating some rich dude.

And you're there sitting in your parent's basement with absolutely nothing but your own clothes going "awww, i hope she gets married again and live an happy life" 

Valid. I go the other way with that. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

And you're there sitting in your parent's basement with absolutely nothing but your own clothes going "awww, i hope she gets married again and live an happy life". Only remembering the good years and blinded to the fact that he's at the bottom of the pit because of her.

wow. 

• Like 1