Jump to content

Playoffs


point
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Okay I’ve only seen one horrendous angle of the Duclair “slash” to Kucherov, any angle make it actually legitimate, or is Kuch being as big of a faking b-tch as one would expect of that Russian douche?

I didn't think it looked as bad as he was making it out to be either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wow the Jets came back from behind and scored 3 goals in 3 minutes to tie it. If they win tnight it's going to be really really hard for the Oilers to come back and that's good news for us. Well say the Islanders lose in the first round

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I hope Edmonton gets swept so RNH, Larsson, and Barrie are all looking to split.

Crazy that the Pens were able to draft Crosby and basically turn things around in 2 to 3 seasons. Edm gets a player of similar caliber and they're on season 6 and still aren't a real threat to contend.

I hope management for our team can't possibly be that brain dead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think the Canadian media waits until after the Oilers are swept to start the "Does McDavid want out?" rumors?

Hot take: I bet at least one talking head brings up an Eichel-McDavid swap (with Buffalo adding a lot, obviously).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Crazy that the Pens were able to draft Crosby and basically turn things around in 2 to 3 seasons. Edm gets a player of similar caliber and they're on season 6 and still aren't a real threat to contend.

I hope management for our team can't possibly be that brain dead. 

On the flip side, it did take that that franchise quite a while before they were able to win with Mario.  

Edmonton obviously isn't getting it done in the playoffs so far this season, but it looks like they should at least start getting in most years.  That's a start.  If they slide backward or not make much progress the next couple of seasons, yeah, gotta start to wonder when the hell they're going to figure sh!t out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Do you think the Canadian media waits until after the Oilers are swept to start the "Does McDavid want out?" rumors?

Hot take: I bet at least one talking head brings up an Eichel-McDavid swap (with Buffalo adding a lot, obviously).

McDavid could start, ya know, helping. He has three assists and has been a non-factor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would you trade Jack Hughes, Ty Smith, the 3rd overall pick* and Alexander Holtz for Connor McDavid?

*assuming that's about-ish where we landed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Would you trade Jack Hughes, Ty Smith, the 3rd overall pick* and Alexander Holtz for Connor McDavid?

*assuming that's about-ish where we landed?

Not gonna lie...I'd think long and hard about it.  I'd probably want some kind of throw-in coming back with McDavid though.  Making that kind of move would also mean the Devils would have to change their MO significantly...you get a McDavid squarely in his prime, you gotta be extra aggressive in putting "right now" pieces around him.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Would you trade Jack Hughes, Ty Smith, the 3rd overall pick* and Alexander Holtz for Connor McDavid?

*assuming that's about-ish where we landed?

That’s probably about what it takes and I would definitely consider it. How long do we get McDavid locked up for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if you have a chance to land the best player in the world, you probably have to do it.   The fact that we can keep Zacha-Hischier-Bratt together as a second line means the offense should be really good.  
 

The defense would be gutted unless adding McDavid convinces Dougie Hamilton to sign as a free agent.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On the flip side, it did take that that franchise quite a while before they were able to win with Mario.  

Edmonton obviously isn't getting it done in the playoffs so far this season, but it looks like they should at least start getting in most years.  That's a start.  If they slide backward or not make much progress the next couple of seasons, yeah, gotta start to wonder when the hell they're going to figure sh!t out.  

I'd already be there.

I think Washington is a more apt comparison since it's in the same era.

Even Washington, with all their struggles in the playoffs, would be near the top of the league and main contenders for the cup. They only missed the post season once since they hit their stride with Ovechkin(I think). Year 6 of McDavid in Edmonton and they seem just as likely to finish at the bottom of their division as the top, let alone making the playoffs with any regularity. They have one of the best, if not top 3, players in the world here...and also arguably a top 10 player in the league in Draisaitl.

That's just insane. I pray NJ doesn't end up like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I think if you have a chance to land the best player in the world, you probably have to do it.   The fact that we can keep Zacha-Hischier-Bratt together as a second line means the offense should be really good.  
 

The defense would be gutted unless adding McDavid convinces Dougie Hamilton to sign as a free agent.  

Yeah, bolded goes back to what I was hinting at...you bring in McDavid, you're no longer content to nab a key UFA if he happens to fall into your lap...you go all-out and make sure if a guy like Hamilton is your target, that you do every last thing to get him here.  The deals need to have a lot more purpose, and a much greater chance of moving the team forward (quickly).  And the Devils would need to show a lot more urgency.  Not killing the recent MO, just saying that you bring in McDavid (who's already in his mid-20s), that "we're taking our time" MO no longer flies around here.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.