1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Something i didn't consider is that Seattle may really want to consider Hughes so they'd build that rivalry with Vancouver. And since they have basically nothing, literally nothing to go off, that's something lol

I actually had considered that, and it wouldn’t shock me. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I actually had considered that, and it wouldn’t shock me. 

That being said though depending on if the Kraken would want their first pick to jump in right away or not. Hughes is a lock to not play in the NHL next year so maybe that'd be something that'd make them pick someone else

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

That being said though depending on if the Kraken would want their first pick to jump in right away or not. Hughes is a lock to not play in the NHL next year so maybe that'd be something that'd make them pick someone else

Also true. I mean, Seattle is going to pick who they believe is the absolute best player available. If they don’t, Ron Francis and his entire staff should be fired. As an expansion team, they need literally everything, and you can’t make hockey decisions based on trying to create PR juice. But if they truly believe Hughes is the BPA, the fact that Quinn plays in Vancouver won’t hurt matters in terms of adding additional juice to what will probably be an already intense natural rivalry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Why does it seem like everyone is mentions the big 3 defenseman.  For those of you that have seen any of these guys play, what’s the knock on Edvinsson?  I ask because in Future Watch, they had him #2 just a few months ago.   Why does he generally get left out of the conversation for our pick at #4? 
0F2D1B47-6E0C-4FD4-8432-2C37271811E2.thumb.png.233d9286ddd22eeb23fa5ef21d12796d.png

I'd be happy if scouts thought Edvinsson was worth a shot and picked by us at 4.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/oh-brother-local-teens-take-search-of-competitive-hockey-to-slovakia

Another article all about family and how it would also be great for the Clarkes to be together again

That’s right we have Clarke’s brother too lol. I totally forgot Graeme was Brandt’s brother. Pretty crazy.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s right we have Clarke’s brother too lol. I totally forgot Graeme was Brandt’s brother. Pretty crazy.

yeah it's really going to suck if we can't land either Luke or Brandt... well unless we can somehow land Power but that's very unlikely. We really have to hope that a forward go in the top 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think that's the first I've seen Hughes ahead if Clarke. 

They give the International Scouting Services rankings as well. They have no forwards in the top 4 and rate the top 4 Power, Hughes, Edvinsson and then Clarke.   

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Holtz was the player I wanted the least last year and ofc that’s who we ended up taking. This year it’s Edvinsson so I hope I have better luck this time...

Yeah same. Holtz was literally the last player in our reach on my list that i wanted. I'm just not feeling it at all when i'm watching him play. He didn't really change my mind at the world juniors or this season either but he's young so let's hope he does prove me wrong in the future.

50 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well Power just won gold and played really well through the tournament, so that will likely solidify his stock even more 

So Buffalo will likely have two #1OA defensemen. That has to be pretty rare. I can’t think of any other situations like that anyway. 

i honestly don't know what it's going to take for the Sabres to get going. It's not really a lack of talent keeping them down. They've have pretty decent rosters. They just can't get it going. when you have a few very talented players all sh!tting the bed at the same time, it's not normal

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Just saw that the digital version of the Hockey News Draft Preview is out.  They have the defenseman ranked:

1. Power

2 Edvinsson 

6 Hughes 

7 Clarke 

its truly all over the place but the consolidated ranking has Clarke in front of hughes

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft-center/2021/consolidated-ranking?view=info#players

That being said some of those ranking are very  questionable. When some  of those have Power ranked 6th or 9th? like what the hell

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The more I read about Edvinsson the more I love Edvinsson. And, to that extent, if we're not going defense Guenther is the exact type of player this franchise needs.

If the Devils love Hughes/Clarke and they're both off the board, trading into the low-end of the top-10 and scooping an extra 2nd round pick is probably a pretty great move to make. 

i keep reading that Edvinsson constantly make dumb decisions with his passes and just throw the puck away constantly. That sounds like something that'd make us punch walls in the long run

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

i keep reading that Edvinsson constantly make dumb decisions with his passes and just throw the puck away constantly. That sounds like something that'd make us punch walls in the long run

Or, it sounds like something that would make him fit right in. 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Jack Hughes does this too, though -- I'm sure most 17 year olds do. 

Jack definitely improved on this during this past season, which gives some credence to the fact that it is a problem that can go away with age and experience. 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Jack Hughes does this too, though -- I'm sure most 17 year olds do. 

I really want Hughes but reading about his shot is depressing as hell. It's like Jack's... but...... slower. Eek. 

hum not sure it's the same thing haha Jack constantly hold on to the puck and make great passes

This dude tracked a few of his game and had things to say about it

I think that trading up with Anaheim to draft Luke (if he’s still there) would send an important message to Jack and the core of the team that Fitzgerald/management believes in this core and are making the necessary moves to try and keep them together long term. 

Ok, so I am going to go with all of the advice in this thread, which is either draft Hughes at #4, or don’t, or trade up or trade down. 

Basically anything other than trading the pick for a player rather than picks in return. Although...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ok, so I am going to go with all of the advice in this thread, which is either draft Hughes at #4, or don’t, or trade up or trade down. 

Basically anything other than trading the pick for a player rather than picks in return. Although...

Trade up, pick Hughes, stay at 4, pick Hughes.  Let's keep Jack happy?  Is  either Clarke or Hughes as good (and have the same impact) as Makar?  Everyone that writes about a specific individual, taylors it to fit their narrative, so If they want Hughes, they find fault with Clarke, Edvinsson etc. I "heard" he sucks breaking out, makes poor decisions.

When Fitz announces the pick, we all will saying-"brilliant". and then talk about the one that got away.