1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

This is not how hockey work. Dangerous shot isnt only position. You should manage it for your wingers. If Holtz is a only danger on the ice - he will always protect or be on safe position to make a save.  And he made enough of good shots. And was the best player on the ice in the best and most meaning game  with Russia. 

Did you skipped over the part where i pointed out him missing the net or shooting directly in the goalie's chest? That's also not how hockey work.

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Did you skipped over the part where i pointed out him missing the net or shooting directly in the goalie's chest? That's also not how hockey work.

He manage a lot of shots. A lot. Some were in the chest of goalie. Some were missing. And he manage it without good center. Like any potential scoring winger he must manage a lot shouts and find opportunities for it and score about 12-18%. Dont forget about his  Covid break before WJC. 

8 minutes ago, Guadana said:

He manage a lot of shots. A lot. Some were in the chest of goalie. Some were missing. And he manage it without good center. Like any potential scoring winger he must manage a lot shouts and find opportunities for it and score about 12-18%. Dont forget about his  Covid break before WJC. 

Yeah but he's supposed to be a sniper. Which means a player that when in good position can put it in more often than not.

What he was and what you're describing is not a sniper. It's machine gun. You shoot a ton in the general direction of the target not very precisely expecting at least a few shots to hit target

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't know... as a Devils fan im kind of personally done with guys "coming close to score but not scoring" or "doing everything right but scoring" or shooting directly in the chest of goalies. So basically Zacha

Fixed. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't know... as a Devils fan im kind of personally done with guys "coming close to score but not scoring" or "doing everything right but scoring" or shooting directly in the chest of goalies. So basically Zajac. 

I’m well past done with that sh!t. Holtz better be something resembling Pavel Bure or he can fvck off. 

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m well past done with that sh!t. Holtz better be something resembling Pavel Bure or he can fvck off. 

Me thinks you and I both are going to be disappointed here with Holtz if we don't taper back our expectations a bit.

Not attacking you, I'm with you but I just don't think he seems like much of a play driver kinda guy.  

17 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Me thinks you and I both are going to be disappointed here with Holtz if we don't taper back our expectations a bit.

Not attacking you, I'm with you but I just don't think he seems like much of a play driver kinda guy.  

I was alluding more to Bure’s ability to snipe, not so much play driving necessarily. I just want Holtz to be able to shoot the puck. I’m tired of no one on this team being able to snipe. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was alluding more to Bure’s ability to snipe, not so much play driving necessarily. I just want Holtz to be able to shoot the puck. I’m tired of no one on this team being able to snipe. 

Throw beaucoup bucks at Ovechkin.

Just kidding. There's no way he would come here. He would never reach 895 on the Devils

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i just don't understand your comment? lol

You literally said, "Kids that skate like he does (especially with some size at 6’2), don’t really need to rely on name recognition. Luke would be a top pick regardless." That's sort of suggesting that if you can skate really well, that alone s hould get you at the top of the draft selection?

I mean, literally ALL his scouting reports starts by mentioning his brothers. So to say that's not boosting his perception is just not true

Not sure what’s hard to understand. It’s his best aspect of his game, but ofc it’s not the only thing he does well. Or he wouldn’t be a consensus top 10 pick. A name might get the scouts watching out for you, but it’s not getting you drafted that high. Still need to actually be…you know…really good. 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I mean, their dad straight up said Luke is better than Quinn was at that age. Could be just a case of him talking up his son that’s yet to be drafted, but there could also be some truth to it…

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I mean, their dad straight up said Luke is better than Quinn was at that age. Could be just a case of him talking up his son that’s yet to be drafted, but there could also be some truth to it…

I get that their dad has some hockey qualifications, but that’s not really the most reliable source of information regarding their talent.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I get that their dad has some hockey qualifications, but that’s not really the most reliable source of information regarding their talent.

come on man,  the car salesman told me the newest model that was being marketed was the best one yet and I couldn't find a better car anywhere are you insinuating he wasn't an unbiased source?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

come on man,  the car salesman told me the newest model that was being marketed was the best one yet and I couldn't find a better car anywhere are you insinuating he wasn't an unbiased source?

Exactly this. 

Also, everyone knows that parents have “a favorite”. I can’t trust his opinion as being unbiased when speaking about his own children. 

If you don’t think your parents have a favorite, then it’s probably because you’re the favorite. 

want a fair and unbiased assessment of his skills, change his last name, otherwise it's going to be biased because Jack is here.  Rather unfortunate that it could possibly impact who they choose in the draft, they should certainly go after the best player available to plug the many gaps they have.  Being the brother of Jack shouldn't even be taken into consideration, when the team has so many holes.  They need to get the best one out there that's available, a Hughes or not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titans04 said:

want a fair and unbiased assessment of his skills, change his last name, otherwise it's going to be biased because Jack is here.  Rather unfortunate that it could possibly impact who they choose in the draft, they should certainly go after the best player available to plug the many gaps they have.  Being the brother of Jack shouldn't even be taken into consideration, when the team has so many holes.  They need to get the best one out there that's available, a Hughes or not.

Agreed. The concept that we should pick Luke because we should be worried about what Jack will do in free agency years down the road is troubling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Which I stated in my post…

but anyway it’s not an unreasonable opinion. As the above tweet points out. 

Eklund, Clarke, and Hughes all happen to have ties to NJ but they're all projected as consensus high picks. I don't have any doubt whoever is picked at #4 is going to be picked because they're seen as BPA, not because of their name. I haven't seen anyone outside the Facebook/Twitter realm seriously arguing to take Hughes because of Jack, but even if that was the case it isn't like NJ would be reaching 15 picks too early to do it.

• Like 2