1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah you do cause i'm not the only person who didn't understand what you were trying to say

Growing and intelligently disposing of role players and choosing them in the first round of the draft are different things.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Did some reading. The kid seems to be exactly what I love to hear; an absolute fvcking a$$hole on the ice. A total pest, obnoxious to play against, energizer bunny, sneaky talent. Saw someone on reddit say Brendan Gallagher type, which fits. 

I refuse to get frazzled about late round picks. It’s such a goddamned crapshoot anyway, and this guy’s seemingly got a solidly high floor. The devils liked him, so I’m good with it. 

Cool so an a$$hole when he gains 30 lbs and maybe can stand up to Tom Wilson’s broken corpse (by then)

sorry, I’m not attacking you, i’m lashing out at the so obvious reach.

13 minutes ago, Guadana said:

We have an option Attu Raty - he was numbder one year ago and was struggle with covid season in adult league. But he was pretty bright on the ice. 

this is... not what devils need. They draft third liner who will develop 4-5 years. For what? We may trade pick with columbus for 2 picks in second round. 

dam. I dont like it.

This is basically how I feel about this one. I felt there were some much better choices here. To me, this is a bigger reach than Mukhamadullin. If they weren't interested in Raty, why not Pinelli?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

Growing and intelligently disposing of role players and choosing them in the first round of the draft are different things.

I mean, they took him at 29. Bastian was 41, is it really that big of a difference?

Just now, nessus said:

This is basically how I feel about this one. I felt there were some much better choices here. To me, this is a bigger reach than Mukhamadullin. If they weren't interested in Raty, why not Pinelli?

Fitz said they are all about ceilings and what those guys can ultimately bring to the organization down the line. So i guess they saw his ceiling higher

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

man i love your posts lately but acting like you’re the singular authority on what is good and bad for the Devils and scoffing at other members when questioned is an ugly look for you little man 

I wasn’t going to say anything (cause I also like Guadana a lot), but I have to agree. I’ve been trying to bite my tongue on the “sugar puppy” stuff, in hopes he’d embrace the pick once it was made, but man he’s uncharacteristically grumpy recently. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

I wasn’t going to say anything (cause I also like Guadana a lot), but I have to agree. I’ve been trying to bite my tongue on the “sugar puppy” stuff, in hopes he’d embrace the pick once it was made, but man he’s uncharacteristically grumpy recently. 

Sugar Puppy is an epic nickname though…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

People are abrasive here all the time. I don't see why he is getting singled out tbh. He is just fitting in more than usual.

• Like 1

Look, we did what we came to do. Highly rated defensive prospect and we made our (hopefully) franchise center happier than we’ve seen anyone in NJ in a long time. Gotta be happy with that. 

A 29th pick may or may not be something. Let’s see what happens with him. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Probably have to explain it. You also said you would explain why the Hughes pick is bad

Hughes is the same what we have in Smith. Its not change anything and not push team forward. If he ever will be a good player, we will have two lefty puckmovers and the same questions we have before. nothing changed.

About role player. I dont want to draft role players in first round. This kind of stupid. You draft them later, some of them will grow, some not. Guys who are more hard workers will develop and will help you.

What did devils do? they grow a couple and lose them for temporary or for nothing. and than spent first round pick for a bottom guy. this is not how good manager use his assets. how long he will develope? 4? 5 years? If you want to draft by first round pick role player, trade it for saving Bastian. He is NHL player NOW. He is not a gamble. He is bottom line player. Stillman is only "chance" to be nhl player. It`s freakin bad. It is bad and stupid. So hard. 
Draft Bar or draft guys like Pinelli or Raty. Or trade for a couple of late picks, draft Stillman and other player. 

it is a bad assets managemnt. 

18 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Go to 3:13 🤣🤣🤣 

That 3:13 mark is funny. So happy for them and glad to see Jack is pumped.  That's nothing but a good thing for them and the team.

Also, Luke sounds smart as hell. For an 18yr old, the things he just described and how he painted himself as a hockey player....super aware and mature.  All due respect to the great number 27, but this guy could very well be the next Scotty Nieds.  

• Like 2

Now that the knee jerk reaction has subsided, since I had really wanted Pinelli or Raty at 29, I actually think this is a fine pick. Stillman seems to have a rare skill set, and I could see him being a late bloomer. Going to be optimistic on this one from here on. Whoever came up with the Mercer comparison may not be that far off. He seems to me like a grittier, although slightly less skilled, Mercer. Surprisingly good skating and hands for someone who is advertised as "hard to play against".

• Like 1

Went about as I expected…Luke Hughes at 4, a reach pick at 29.  All good (plenty fine with Luke).

4 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Hughes is the same what we have in Smith. Its not change anything and not push team forward. If he ever will be a good player, we will have two lefty puckmovers and the same questions we have before. nothing changed.

About role player. I dont want to draft role players in first round. This kind of stupid. You draft them later, some of them will grow, some not. Guys who are more hard workers will develop and will help you.

What did devils do? they grow a couple and lose them for temporary or for nothing. and than spent first round pick for a bottom guy. this is not how good manager use his assets. how long he will develope? 4? 5 years? If you want to draft by first round pick role player, trade it for saving Bastian. He is NHL player NOW. He is not a gamble. He is bottom line player. Stillman is only "chance" to be nhl player. It`s freakin bad. It is bad and stupid. So hard. 
Draft Bar or draft guys like Pinelli or Raty. Or trade for a couple of late picks, draft Stillman and other player. 

it is a bad assets managemnt. 

Why are you SO stuck on believing Johnson and Graves are temporary players for us? They were NOT brought here to be temporary. At all.

You're 100% getting upset about a warped perception you have, not about reality

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I mean, they took him at 29. Bastian was 41, is it really that big of a difference?

yeah. trade pick for a couple of later picks, draft stillman and another player. or trade this pick for saving bastian and you will have NHL bottom player now if you think that late first round pick is worth of role player. Dont spend your own player for "chances to grow the same type of player". This is a manegement. Understanding how you use your recourses, it is logistique. Team is building now. Not 4-5 years after today.