1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

Hughes is the same what we have in Smith. Its not change anything and not push team forward. If he ever will be a good player, we will have two lefty puckmovers and the same questions we have before. nothing changed.

About role player. I dont want to draft role players in first round. This kind of stupid. You draft them later, some of them will grow, some not. Guys who are more hard workers will develop and will help you.

What did devils do? they grow a couple and lose them for temporary or for nothing. and than spent first round pick for a bottom guy. this is not how good manager use his assets. how long he will develope? 4? 5 years? If you want to draft by first round pick role player, trade it for saving Bastian. He is NHL player NOW. He is not a gamble. He is bottom line player. Stillman is only "chance" to be nhl player. It`s freakin bad. It is bad and stupid. So hard. 
Draft Bar or draft guys like Pinelli or Raty. Or trade for a couple of late picks, draft Stillman and other player. 

it is a bad assets managemnt. 

How are you comparing drafting Hughes as a "role player", to losing Bastian in the expansion draft? They're literally two separate things that have nothing to do with each other. Not to mention the fact that... you're really that upset about losing Bastian? I liked him as a nice big body and grinder on the fourth line, but the fact is the dude is a fringe NHL player, at least for now. The only reason he saw so much ice time is because our team lacked depth and true starting talent. On any other team the guy will be struggling to make the lineup and could very well be finding himself back in the AHL before long. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

How are you comparing drafting Hughes as a "role player", to losing Bastian in the expansion draft? They're literally two separate things that have nothing to do with each other. Not to mention the fact that... you're really that upset about losing Bastian? I liked him as a nice big body and grinder on the fourth line, but the fact is the dude is a fringe NHL player, at least for now. The only reason he saw so much ice time is because our team lacked depth and true starting talent. On any other team the guy will be struggling to make the lineup and could very well be finding himself back in the AHL before long. 

I believe he is referring to Stillman as the role player, not Hughes. 

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

man i love your posts lately but acting like you’re the singular authority on what is good and bad for the Devils and scoffing at other members when questioned is an ugly look for you little man 

I wasnt. I was "sqoffing" at Fitz. And some people ask me personally, and  I dont think it is trying to exchange of views. You just don't agree with me and in this situation you are not taking my side. It`s ok. But I'm not distorting someone's words, I'm not trying to pull words out of context, etc. Please don't paint me as a villain.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Hughes words are about Highes. Stillman is about role plain story and Bastian story. Dont mix them. Its a different part of not well decisions.

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That 3:13 mark is funny. So happy for them and glad to see Jack is pumped.  That's nothing but a good thing for them and the team.

Also, Luke sounds smart as hell. For an 18yr old, the things he just described and how he painted himself as a hockey player....super aware and mature.  All due respect to the great number 27, but this guy could very well be the next Scotty Nieds.  

He’s actually not even 18 yet. He missed the cutoff for next year’s draft by like 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I believe he is referring to Stillman as the role player, not Hughes. 

Oh. Well if that's the case, frankly I still feel the same way about it. If he's suggesting that we keep a guy like Bastian who isa "proven" 4th liner (lol, what?), in lieu of drafting a guy who may (or may not be) as good as a 4th liner...then I just don't know what to say.  That's like, ultra conservative. How on Earth would you honestly expect to get any better as a team if that's your barometer/standard? 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Oh. Well if that's the case, frankly I still feel the same way about it. If he's suggesting that we keep a guy like Bastian who isa "proven" 4th liner (lol, what?), in lieu of drafting a guy who may (or may not be) as good as a 4th liner...then I just don't know what to say.  That's like, ultra conservative. How on Earth would you honestly expect to get any better as a team if that's your barometer/standard? 

48 career games played, he’s well established lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

He’s actually not even 18 yet. He missed the cutoff for next year’s draft by like 2 weeks. 

Even more impressive. Honestly the interview he gave sounded like a 10-year veteran in the league, not a kid who isn't even technically an adult yet. Amazing, and I'm ecstatic to have him on the team.  Haven't been this excited about a draft pick in a while. 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Even more impressive. Honestly the interview he gave sounded like a 10-year veteran in the league, not a kid who isn't even technically an adult yet. Amazing, and I'm ecstatic to have him on the team.  Haven't been this excited about a draft pick in a while. 

Definitely a better interview than Jack…

Just now, Guadana said:

sorry, guys. i`m done for today. I have no personal complaints. I'm just not happy with the sequence of solutions. And the situation has not improved.

Goodnight, Sugar Puppy. 

I think a lot of you guys that are reacting negatively to the Stillman pick need to untuck your panties a bit. 4 years from now we'll all be remarking about some late 2nd rounder that develops out of nowhere and we can all go back to attacking each other over who wanted Stillman over David Bronyak or Evgeni Marlenuk.

And yes those are 2 hockey sounding names I just pulled out of my brain's ass, but you didn't know that and had to Google them, which is exactly my point

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Their parents did a hell of a job with those boys. That’s for sure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I just watched the future face of this franchise leap up and down celebrating that someone was joining him in New Jersey. 

The situation has improved markedly.

When the future face of our franchise - Jackie fvckin Hughes - is belting out a full-on Ric Flair "WOO!" literally in the middle of his little brother's media availability following his draft, I'd say that's a good sign

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I hate to break it to you this late but a few years ago we drafted and then eventually made our captain a young man named Nico Hischier. Pretty fun story you should check it out sometime

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

the future face? who's the current? haha

D75C91BD-CC8E-4F3C-BE77-D85F6395C30D.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2