1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If I have an early knock on Fitz’s tenure, it’s that he doesn’t appear to be creative when it comes to squeezing more out of his picks.  That’s two picks in two years that screamed “trade down”.  But not like we know what goes on behind the scenes (if there was a deal to be made).  

Sounds like he was actually interested in trading up with that pick…

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What the hell did I miss when I went to bed?! I got richocetted hard. Huge thanks @Nicomoprotecting my “good” name 🤣😂

anyway, did Fitz know he needed to actually return the phone call in order to keep dialogue going….?

Oh well, onto day 2 where I’m sure more head scratching brain busting moves will happen, of course cause we’re driving 3 hours round trip to go visit friends and I’ll be behind the wheel for at least the out trip.

also, for all your own preparing for Wednesday, I’ll be in a secured building all morning and then meetings in the afternoon, so chances are great we’ll be busy and I’ll miss it all…

• Like 1

what surprised me was Tyler Boucher going so early. I thought he might around at 29, but oh well.  All teams are trying to draft more grit. It's the rage these day. Kraken is loaded with grit.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Damn, really makes you think that if the Bruins didn't go so cold in the playoffs, we would have been in the Wallstedt/Lysell/Lambos range. Coming out of day 1 of this draft with Hughes and Lysell would have had me so stoked.

13 minutes ago, nessus said:

Damn, really makes you think that if the Bruins didn't go so cold in the playoffs, we would have been in the Wallstedt/Lysell/Lambos range. Coming out of day 1 of this draft with Hughes and Lysell would have had me so stoked.

When Cossa got taken by Detroit I started to wonder if Wallstedt might fall far enough for us to move up and get him. 

53 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Montreal , what have you done. Jesus. 

Terrible call, terrible justification. 

Really makes you go "hmmm" when you realize Bergevin is potentially linked to all that stuff in Chicago right now.

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

yeah appreciate that but i feel gross haha. 10 months after that was posted my 15 year old cousin was raped outside of a tanning salon and the fact that I was joking around is kind of fvcking disgusting. 

Sh!t happens man, this is precisely why I don’t like to cherry pick things from people’s posts and think they explain everything. I’m sure if we go through any given person’s posts, there’s stuff that’s embarrassing. 

Honestly... no matter how Luke turn out for us. Jack's reaction to the draft announcement will always be one of my favourite Devils moment. Along moments like... Arnott's goal... Henrique's goal... Brodeur's record... Scott Stevens nailing Lindros... etc etc

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Honestly... no matter how Luke turn out for us. Jack's reaction to the draft announcement will always be one of my favourite Devils moment. Along moments like... Arnott's goal... Henrique's goal... Brodeur's record... Scott Stevens nailing Lindros... etc etc

It was an awesome moment. 

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was an awesome moment. 

The funny thing is that the whole getting the 3rd brother thing was such a "tinfoil hat" take, BUT NOW after that interview they did I'm down with it. Quinn was trying to act like he wasn't having fomo that whole interview lol.

• Like 1

Jack STILL looks like some 15-16 kid wearing a jersey, that you’d see hanging in the concourse between periods.  Yet he’s a #1 overall pick who has over 100 NHL games under his belt.  Hard to believe when you see a pic like this.

i assume guadana will also not want Quinn in NJ since he didn't want Luke cause he was playing on the left side and similar type of player. So we'd have Ty, Quinn and Luke on the left side. Plus Graves. That being said, Smith played on the right side most of his career. Not sure why he was put on the left when he got to the NHL

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i assume guadana will also not want Quinn in NJ since he didn't want Luke cause he was playing on the left side and similar type of player. So we'd have Ty, Quinn and Luke on the left side. Plus Graves. That being said, Smith played on the right side most of his career. Not sure why he was put on the left when he got to the NHL

If he were to come here I don't see it happening for years. Things could look a lot different by then. Luke could turn out to be a very different player than he is now, Ty might get flipped for another asset since they're all smaller and offensive minded, etc. Just too far out to really speculate other than it would be cool, or something.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If he were to come here I don't see it happening for years. Things could look a lot different by then. Luke could turn out to be a very different player than he is now, Ty might get flipped for another asset since they're all smaller and offensive minded, etc. Just too far out to really speculate other than it would be cool, or something.

Well it would be in minimum 4 years. We'll see what kind of contract he's signing. Obviously Vancouver might wanna try to sign him long term but he might want to go for a 4years contract bringing him up to UFA in 4 years. We should see soon enough

If we were to trade for him. Obviously Ty Smith would have to be the big piece heading to Vancouver plus something else. Obviously i understand you need to give something good to get something good but i'd hate to lose him

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it would be in minimum 4 years. We'll see what kind of contract he's signing. Obviously Vancouver might wanna try to sign him long term but he might want to go for a 4years contract bringing him up to UFA in 4 years. We should see soon enough

If we were to trade for him. Obviously Ty Smith would have to be the big piece heading to Vancouver plus something else. Obviously i understand you need to give something good to get something good but i'd hate to lose him

Would you be more open to losing Holtz/Mercer++ instead? I am not sure if Van would want to directly replace him with another Dman in the trade with NJ or look elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If we were to trade for him. Obviously Ty Smith would have to be the big piece heading to Vancouver plus something else. Obviously i understand you need to give something good to

Yeah it would be Smith, and probably something like Boqvist, Nolan Foote, and a 1st rounder. 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Would you be more open to losing Holtz/Mercer++ instead? I am not sure if Van would want to directly replace him with another Dman in the trade with NJ or look elsewhere. 

Their GM did say he was trying to make their D better. So trading one of their top D and not getting one back is not achieving that for sure.

I'd totally trade Holtz for quinn. I'd hate to lose Mercer but obviously, you need to give to get and losing him would be worth it.

It's exciting cause we're FINALLY getting to the point where we're starting to have some guys that could potentially be expendable. 

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack STILL looks like some 15-16 kid wearing a jersey, that you’d see hanging in the concourse between periods.  Yet he’s a #1 overall pick who has over 100 NHL games under his belt.  Hard to believe when you see a pic like this.

He looks like the picture that comes before Justin Bieber leaving the club. 

Here’s the after. 

49BC872C-F478-41E2-8E3F-B53F832FECE6.jpeg

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1