• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

14 hours ago, MB3 said:

i want luke hughes 

Yeah I think this is who's coming here, which I'm fine with.

With the Isles' pick, I'm expecting a project with potentially very high upside.  Just have a feeling that Fitz isn't going to play it safe with that one.  

No second-rounder at the moment, curious to see if Fitz makes a move to try to get one.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

23 minutes ago, jagknife said:

With Nico and Jack down the middle, unless we hope to move one of them to wing…

Button is awful. He’s always trying to be the smartest guy in the room. We aren’t taking a center at 4, and we aren’t moving either of our two franchise centers to wing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I think this is who's coming here, which I'm fine with.

With the Isles' pick, I'm expecting a project with potentially very high upside.  Just have a feeling that Fitz isn't going to play it safe with that one.  

No second-rounder at the moment, curious to see if Fitz makes a move to try to get one.  

with the market already closing in with Larsson leaving and with Hamilton probably not coming here. I'd kind of want us to use that first round pick in a trade to bring in defensive help

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Button is awful. He’s always trying to be the smartest guy in the room. We aren’t taking a center at 4, and we aren’t moving either of our two franchise centers to wing. 

You absolutely nailed it - he does his rounds on the hockey podcasts I listen to every year around draft time and he's constantly overhyping prospects and trying to make himself sound more "in-tune" than everyone else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m really mostly interested in seeing which of the bold NJDevs statements are 100% wrong. 

I think yours is probably right, but some of these guys are definitely gonna be wrong lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

with the market already closing in with Larsson leaving and with Hamilton probably not coming here. I'd kind of want us to use that first round pick in a trade to bring in defensive help

I'm up for anything that can help to make the Devils better right now...so I'm with ya in that if there's a solid trade that lands the Devils a good young defenseman (who's 24-27 years old) and costs them that pick, I'm all for it.  I could be 100% wrong, but I have a feeling that Fitz almost sees that as a "bonus" pick, which he'll try to use to swing for the fences.  I'd rather your scenario myself.  

• Like 1

Power/Clarke/Hughes. <-- I'd be over the moon with those guys. But acknowledging that they have flaws and won't be the next big thing but looking at our roster it's better than nothing. Also Power and Clarke are 1-2 years away from the NHL because of college. Clarke would play anywhere he can clearly.

Edvinsson, Eklund, Beniers  <-- I'd be okay considering they are still really good players but not what i felt was the right pick for us but what do i know

Guenther, Johnson <-- Very very skilled offensive guys that'd be fun to have around.

McTavish <-- I feel that's a guy we'd love to have around in theory but not a guy you'd pick at 4, especially when we already have Jack and Nico in our top 6.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I’m not against it. Devils must build defense through the draft years ago. Time was fallen. If there will be a trade for a young good D and devils must pay by 4th or PZ or Holtz, I’m in. I’m really like Clarke and Edvinsson, but they can be solid in NHL after 4 may be five years. I can’t say we have so much time.

anyway I do really think think Fitz will trade islanders pick. May be for a player, may be for a couple of seconds picks. Arizona’s picks, I don’t know, it makes sense.

Edited by Guadana

4 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I’m not against it. Devils must build defense through the draft years ago. Time was fallen. If there will be a trade for a young good D and devils must pay by 4th or PZ or Holtz, I’m in. I’m really like Clarke and Edvinsson, but they can be solid in NHL after 4 may be five years. I can’t say we have so much time.

anyway I do really think think Fitz will trade islanders pick. May be for a player, may be for a couple of seconds picks. Arizona’s picks, I don’t know, it makes sense.

Especially considering our #4 will likely only make the NHL in 1,2,3 seasons. We're at the point where our core is almost set and that we need to start moving forward. And getting an established player around 24-25 years old dman would be ideal. And i can't imagine we're getting that without a first round pick

• Like 1

I know Jack is a professional and all. But i just hope that IF the right decision for us is to not take Luke and that he's available. That he'll be "truly" okay with it and won't carry any sort of resentment. I'm sure Fitz would have a side chat with him to say he knew he would have loved to have Luke but that based on what the team needed that another player was a better fit etc etc. It sucks that a conversation like this may be needed but still, gotta keep the kid happy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know Jack is a professional and all. But i just hope that IF the right decision for us is to not take Luke and that he's available. That he'll be "truly" okay with it and won't carry any sort of resentment. I'm sure Fitz would have a side chat with him to say he knew he would have loved to have Luke but that based on what the team needed that another player was a better fit etc etc. It sucks that a conversation like this may be needed but still, gotta keep the kid happy

Jack needs to understand this is a business. You’re right about having that talk, but if we don’t take Luke, put on your big boy pants and get over it. This is the NHL. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

To me, taking a flier on Logan Stankoven with the 29th pick makes sense.  He's undersized, but could turn into a guy like Point or DeBrincat.  Supposed to have tremendous skill that would have put him in the top 10 if he was 6 ft.  

I want him just for the fun I can have with the name Stank Oven. 

• Haha 1