1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

Just now, Nicomo said:

Dad’s the only calm one in the room lol. 

He's just sitting there's trying to rationalize how much money he'll save in flight tickets over the next 10-15 years having 2 sons in the same city

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I wanted to go back and quote this because I wanted to say just how ridiculous I find this statement. It’s nothing personal, I’m a big fan of yours. But you’re making this seem like the Devils are an NBA team with an elite young center who just drafted another elite young center.

There are 6 spots available to defenseman. At here are 4 powerplay spots available to defenseman. Ty Smith isn’t a one-dimensional, offense-only Will-Butcher like defenseman, and neither is Hughes. Saying “ah yeah we already have a stud two way defenseman who captains the PP and draws tough minutes against top lines; we don’t need another” is just such a silly thing to say. 

I agree with you that one thing the Devils need is size and grit on the blueline. The organization agrees with you; too — the majority of their top organizational prospects fit into that mold: Bahl, Misyul, Vukojevic, Mukhmadulein, Ohktoyuk (my god, poor Daneyko with these names) all fit that description. 

Hughes might not work out. But hating the pick because we already have Ty Smith is just a misguided opinion.

I’m bumping this because i like debating with guadiana and this feels like a month ago 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m really mortified by the Montreal pick. Can’t stop thinking about the girl that kid victimized having to watch that douche get drafted in the first round. 

For some context, I'm just copying and pasting my post for this on hf where there were quite a few posts not thinking that it was a big deal... 

I don't know why things need to be compared to situations that are even worse but I think it's a shame a lot of people just think this stuff isn't a big deal or it's simply just what a lot of kids do these days.

I know its mostly guys on these boards but even if you dont have a daughter / don't want kids / aren't a girl/woman you should be able to at least have empathy and understand that once these photos/videos get online they stay there forever unless you're insanely lucky to have them not remain out there. If they remain out there it's something that can follow her for the rest of her life, be something even her kids can see if their peers find them and harass them with them. It's really a dangerous slope.

Seems like schools nowadays could really benefit for having a class that shows what kind of damage sharing on social media can cause for one's future.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

Also want to add that I know I'm in the minority view point on all of this but that getting paid a sh!t ton of money to play a game is a privilege. I'd kick anyone out of the league, goes for any sport or form of entertainment who acted this way or worse. Let these athletes and entertainers go get a normal job instead like the rest of us schmucks instead of being put into a spotlight that they don't deserve. fvck em. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

He's just sitting there's trying to rationalize how much money he'll save in flight tickets over the next 10-15 years having 2 sons in the same city

Or contemplating how he can get Quinn to NJ so they can all move here together lol

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

Did some reading. The kid seems to be exactly what I love to hear; an absolute fvcking a$$hole on the ice. A total pest, obnoxious to play against, energizer bunny, sneaky talent. Saw someone on reddit say Brendan Gallagher type, which fits. 

I refuse to get frazzled about late round picks. It’s such a goddamned crapshoot anyway, and this guy’s seemingly got a solidly high floor. The devils liked him, so I’m good with it. 

Yeah, I don’t love when we reach for guys but I do like that we draft a pretty wide variety of types of players

jeez, I went to bed right after our second pick.  What a sh!t show on here afterwards.  

Also, Bergevin is an embarrassment.   I would be livid if we had picked that kid at 29. 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Yeah, I don’t love when we reach for guys but I do like that we draft a pretty wide variety of types of players

If I have an early knock on Fitz’s tenure, it’s that he doesn’t appear to be creative when it comes to squeezing more out of his picks.  That’s two picks in two years that screamed “trade down”.  But not like we know what goes on behind the scenes (if there was a deal to be made).  

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If I have an early knock on Fitz’s tenure, it’s that he doesn’t appear to be creative when it comes to squeezing more out of his picks.  That’s two picks in two years that screamed “trade down”.  But not like we know what goes on behind the scenes (if there was a deal to be made).  

Yeah, I would have like to see them trade down last year but then again, all it takes is one other GM to be high on the same player and you lose him.  If they really liked him above everyone else, I guess it’s fine.  

Re: Stillman. I feel like his Dad was the most quiet and underrated sniper on 2 or 3 straight cup champs.  Just based on that I kind of like the pick.  Hopefully some of that rubbed off on his son 

I’m glad we stayed away from Raty.  Every one of these guys that plummets in their draft year from being considered for the top pick to being a bottom half of the first round guy will always be Angelo Esposito to me.   Don’t want a guy on that bad of a developmental trajectory 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sounds like he was actually interested in trading up with that pick…

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What the hell did I miss when I went to bed?! I got richocetted hard. Huge thanks @Nicomoprotecting my “good” name 🤣😂

anyway, did Fitz know he needed to actually return the phone call in order to keep dialogue going….?

Oh well, onto day 2 where I’m sure more head scratching brain busting moves will happen, of course cause we’re driving 3 hours round trip to go visit friends and I’ll be behind the wheel for at least the out trip.

also, for all your own preparing for Wednesday, I’ll be in a secured building all morning and then meetings in the afternoon, so chances are great we’ll be busy and I’ll miss it all…

• Like 1

what surprised me was Tyler Boucher going so early. I thought he might around at 29, but oh well.  All teams are trying to draft more grit. It's the rage these day. Kraken is loaded with grit.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Damn, really makes you think that if the Bruins didn't go so cold in the playoffs, we would have been in the Wallstedt/Lysell/Lambos range. Coming out of day 1 of this draft with Hughes and Lysell would have had me so stoked.

13 minutes ago, nessus said:

Damn, really makes you think that if the Bruins didn't go so cold in the playoffs, we would have been in the Wallstedt/Lysell/Lambos range. Coming out of day 1 of this draft with Hughes and Lysell would have had me so stoked.

When Cossa got taken by Detroit I started to wonder if Wallstedt might fall far enough for us to move up and get him. 

Not loving the draft. But don't know much about any of these guys. Would have rather went offense then defense with a move up.. When will Luke become an asset for this team? Why go for a 3rd line foward? LGD

53 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Montreal , what have you done. Jesus. 

Terrible call, terrible justification. 

Really makes you go "hmmm" when you realize Bergevin is potentially linked to all that stuff in Chicago right now.

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

yeah appreciate that but i feel gross haha. 10 months after that was posted my 15 year old cousin was raped outside of a tanning salon and the fact that I was joking around is kind of fvcking disgusting. 

Sh!t happens man, this is precisely why I don’t like to cherry pick things from people’s posts and think they explain everything. I’m sure if we go through any given person’s posts, there’s stuff that’s embarrassing. 

Honestly... no matter how Luke turn out for us. Jack's reaction to the draft announcement will always be one of my favourite Devils moment. Along moments like... Arnott's goal... Henrique's goal... Brodeur's record... Scott Stevens nailing Lindros... etc etc

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Honestly... no matter how Luke turn out for us. Jack's reaction to the draft announcement will always be one of my favourite Devils moment. Along moments like... Arnott's goal... Henrique's goal... Brodeur's record... Scott Stevens nailing Lindros... etc etc

It was an awesome moment.