1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

12 hours ago, Guadana said:

Jack crying and sayin "Brandt Clarke(why are you making me do this)" through his tears.(Graham`s laughter in the background)

This is a total Lou move

• Like 1

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Why does it seem like everyone is mentions the big 3 defenseman.  For those of you that have seen any of these guys play, what’s the knock on Edvinsson?  I ask because in Future Watch, they had him #2 just a few months ago.   Why does he generally get left out of the conversation for our pick at #4? 
0F2D1B47-6E0C-4FD4-8432-2C37271811E2.thumb.png.233d9286ddd22eeb23fa5ef21d12796d.png

Edited by Lateralous

24 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Why does it seem like everyone is mentions the big 3 defenseman.  For those of you that have seen any of these guys play, what’s the knock on Edvinsson?  I ask because in Future Watch, they had him #2 just a few months ago.   Why does he generally get left out of the conversation for our pick at #4? 
0F2D1B47-6E0C-4FD4-8432-2C37271811E2.thumb.png.233d9286ddd22eeb23fa5ef21d12796d.png

He hasn’t demonstrated much upside on offense to this point. Doesn’t mean he won’t get there but it really isn’t there just yet. I feel like you want someone with more offense and sky high potential if you are taking a defenseman in the top 5. I think he will be a fine player though, but it’s not like he’s some shutdown machine.  

I also like “he’s not Dahlin but he is probably better than Philip Broberg”

”he’s not Nicklas Lidstrom, but he’s better than Matt Tennyson. Somewhere in between”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Here's a good video explaining why

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Another kid who might be a good fit for us is Carson lambos.. He supposedly is strong and tough with a big shot from the blue line . Already 200 lbs

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Something i didn't consider is that Seattle may really want to consider Hughes so they'd build that rivalry with Vancouver. And since they have basically nothing, literally nothing to go off, that's something lol

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Something i didn't consider is that Seattle may really want to consider Hughes so they'd build that rivalry with Vancouver. And since they have basically nothing, literally nothing to go off, that's something lol

I actually had considered that, and it wouldn’t shock me. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I actually had considered that, and it wouldn’t shock me. 

That being said though depending on if the Kraken would want their first pick to jump in right away or not. Hughes is a lock to not play in the NHL next year so maybe that'd be something that'd make them pick someone else

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

That being said though depending on if the Kraken would want their first pick to jump in right away or not. Hughes is a lock to not play in the NHL next year so maybe that'd be something that'd make them pick someone else

Also true. I mean, Seattle is going to pick who they believe is the absolute best player available. If they don’t, Ron Francis and his entire staff should be fired. As an expansion team, they need literally everything, and you can’t make hockey decisions based on trying to create PR juice. But if they truly believe Hughes is the BPA, the fact that Quinn plays in Vancouver won’t hurt matters in terms of adding additional juice to what will probably be an already intense natural rivalry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I'd be happy if scouts thought Edvinsson was worth a shot and picked by us at 4.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/oh-brother-local-teens-take-search-of-competitive-hockey-to-slovakia

Another article all about family and how it would also be great for the Clarkes to be together again

That’s right we have Clarke’s brother too lol. I totally forgot Graeme was Brandt’s brother. Pretty crazy.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s right we have Clarke’s brother too lol. I totally forgot Graeme was Brandt’s brother. Pretty crazy.

yeah it's really going to suck if we can't land either Luke or Brandt... well unless we can somehow land Power but that's very unlikely. We really have to hope that a forward go in the top 3

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Just saw that the digital version of the Hockey News Draft Preview is out.  They have the defenseman ranked:

1. Power

2 Edvinsson 

6 Hughes 

7 Clarke 

I think that's the first I've seen Hughes ahead if Clarke. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think that's the first I've seen Hughes ahead if Clarke. 

They give the International Scouting Services rankings as well. They have no forwards in the top 4 and rate the top 4 Power, Hughes, Edvinsson and then Clarke.   

Holtz was the player I wanted the least last year and ofc that’s who we ended up taking. This year it’s Edvinsson so I hope I have better luck this time...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Holtz was the player I wanted the least last year and ofc that’s who we ended up taking. This year it’s Edvinsson so I hope I have better luck this time...

Yeah same. Holtz was literally the last player in our reach on my list that i wanted. I'm just not feeling it at all when i'm watching him play. He didn't really change my mind at the world juniors or this season either but he's young so let's hope he does prove me wrong in the future.

50 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well Power just won gold and played really well through the tournament, so that will likely solidify his stock even more 

So Buffalo will likely have two #1OA defensemen. That has to be pretty rare. I can’t think of any other situations like that anyway. 

i honestly don't know what it's going to take for the Sabres to get going. It's not really a lack of talent keeping them down. They've have pretty decent rosters. They just can't get it going. when you have a few very talented players all sh!tting the bed at the same time, it's not normal

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Just saw that the digital version of the Hockey News Draft Preview is out.  They have the defenseman ranked:

1. Power

2 Edvinsson 

6 Hughes 

7 Clarke 

its truly all over the place but the consolidated ranking has Clarke in front of hughes

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft-center/2021/consolidated-ranking?view=info#players

That being said some of those ranking are very  questionable. When some  of those have Power ranked 6th or 9th? like what the hell

The more I read about Edvinsson the more I love Edvinsson. And, to that extent, if we're not going defense Guenther is the exact type of player this franchise needs.

If the Devils love Hughes/Clarke and they're both off the board, trading into the low-end of the top-10 and scooping an extra 2nd round pick is probably a pretty great move to make.