1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

3 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Trade up, pick Hughes, stay at 4, pick Hughes.  Let's keep Jack happy?  Is  either Clarke or Hughes as good (and have the same impact) as Makar?  Everyone that writes about a specific individual, taylors it to fit their narrative, so If they want Hughes, they find fault with Clarke, Edvinsson etc. I "heard" he sucks breaking out, makes poor decisions.

When Fitz announces the pick, we all will saying-"brilliant". and then talk about the one that got away.

What we should really do is draft Luke and immediately trade him to Vancouver lol. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, MB3 said:

The more I read about Edvinsson the more I love Edvinsson. And, to that extent, if we're not going defense Guenther is the exact type of player this franchise needs.

If the Devils love Hughes/Clarke and they're both off the board, trading into the low-end of the top-10 and scooping an extra 2nd round pick is probably a pretty great move to make. 

I can say I like Edvinsson more than Hughes, but devils are in brothers story situation. We don’t have any option. And if somehow they will gone, devils will draft beniers. 

I really hope Fitz will draft Clarke. He is closer to be BPA, but if Fitz think they are both on the same level, Clarke is more what we need than left defenseman. Especially when we have Smith on the left side.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guadana said:

I can say I like Edvinsson more than Hughes, but devils are in brothers story situation. We don’t have any option. And if somehow they will gone, devils will draft beniers. 

I really hope Fitz will draft Clarke. He is closer to be BPA, but if Fitz think they are both on the same level, Clarke is more what we need than left defenseman. Especially when we have Smith on the left side.

This is the way I see it too. If it isn't Power, Clarke, or Hughes, it has got to be Beniers. I like Edvinsson's ceiling, but it's so tough to tell what his chance of getting there is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Guadana said:

By now i must have read all the possible scouting reports i could find online and watched all the videos i could find and i just feel like there's not as many knocks on Clarke than on Hughes and Edvinsson. Actually the only knock on Clarke appears to be that he can get caught by being too aggressive at times and that he's not the best skater but still really good. Really high hockey IQ too.

From what ive seen Hughes and Edvinsson both appears to be struggling with their decision making a lot. 

3 hours ago, nessus said:

This is the way I see it too. If it isn't Power, Clarke, or Hughes, it has got to be Beniers. I like Edvinsson's ceiling, but it's so tough to tell what his chance of getting there is.

i think i'd rather go with Guenther than beniers cause i think they are close in talent but our need on the wing is certainly greater than down the middle.

That being said Beniers played with Jack Hughes and Oliver Wahlstrom on the U18 USNTDP’s top line.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Do all of you guys really watch video of these guys and follow this stuff this closely? Or do you just read what other people’s opinions are? 

I am amazed by how in detail some of you guys get into this stuff. 

I'm with you, I know Power from the recent world tournaments and I'll usually remember a couple of names from the guys who played at the world juniors but other than that I don't follow this stuff. 

Power won't be available at our spot so I want Hughes if he's available. Simply basing that off cause Jack is here already and Quinn is fantastic so there's clearly some good hockey genes in that family. 

Don't know sh!t about the rest of these guys lol

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm with you, I know Power from the recent world tournaments and I'll usually remember a couple of names from the guys who played at the world juniors but other than that I don't follow this stuff. 

Power won't be available at our spot so I want Hughes if he's available. Simply basing that off cause Jack is here already and Quinn is fantastic so there's clearly some good hockey genes in that family. 

Don't know sh!t about the rest of these guys lol

If all of these guys who give out these opinions on draft prospects are doing so of their own knowledge, that’s impressive dedication. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Do all of you guys really watch video of these guys and follow this stuff this closely? Or do you just read what other people’s opinions are? 

i usually go through literally all the videos i can find on all top prospects in our reach. May sound like a lot but it's not that bad. Go through all the mock drafts ranking from all the sites i can find, scouting sites, read all the reports and all the standings. I almost check every day too to see if there's new ones. I also try to read other message boards to see what other fanbases are saying about prospects to get a sense of what they are targeting, etc

When i have time i also usually go and look at past years who was right and who was wrong about prospects rankings and projections. But more often than not i forget from one year to another.

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Khl\vhl\mhl games, some ncaa games, some qjmhl games, shl and allsvenskan, couple of liiga games, some games from world tournaments, shift by shift videos. I watch some reviews on youtube ofcourse, but I cant say i`m absolutely agree with any youtubers. Everybody has their own priority in ranks. Me too.

22 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Khl\vhl\mhl games, some ncaa games, some qjmhl games, shl and allsvenskan, couple of liiga games, some games from world tournaments, shift by shift videos. I watch some reviews on youtube ofcourse, but I cant say i`m absolutely agree with any youtubers. Everybody has their own priority in ranks. Me too.

You definitely come across as knowledgeable on this stuff, all of that explains why. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You definitely come across as knowledgeable on this stuff, all of that explains why. 

I think next year I won't be following hockey so closely outside of the NHL. The last two years of hockey world took a lot of my time and energy. fvck it)

18 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

By now i must have read all the possible scouting reports i could find online and watched all the videos i could find and i just feel like there's not as many knocks on Clarke than on Hughes and Edvinsson. Actually the only knock on Clarke appears to be that he can get caught by being too aggressive at times and that he's not the best skater but still really good. Really high hockey IQ too.

From what ive seen Hughes and Edvinsson both appears to be struggling with their decision making a lot. 

Knocks on Edvinsov doesnt knock in defensive door. Anyway all three will impact players, I think. Question is what`s kind of impact we really need in.

9 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Hughes looks like a player who will be a better playmaker. Edvinsson looks like a player who will be a better defenseman.

oh yes, based on what ive read i agree.

the knock on Luke appears to be his positioning and decision making away from the puck in the defensive zone. While Edvinsson's knock appears to be what he's doing when he gets the puck

Again, that's why i'm in favour of Clarke cause he appears to be more well rounded and have a higher ceiling than both. Not sure why some rankings have him so low

• Like 1

Luke would match-up with our timeline perfectly. He’s going to play at least one season at Michigan (maybe even 2). Hopefully by then Nico and Jack have taken the next step, Holtz is in the NHL, Ty Smith has a couple years in the league under his belt, etc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So we need either one or both. 

Ok. Agree. May be. But I dont like idea to have two playmaking LD(Luke and Smith) and dont have any other D at all. Severson could go out, or could stay. Anyway if he will stay we know who he is and which impact he can give for our roster. I dont think Hamilton will land here and the shape of "this" future defensive line looks soft. 
If Fitz will trade Seider for Smith after drafting Hughes, I`m ok with it. 

Everyone can start throwing rocks at me.