• William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

8 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

No. It was a part of his "massage"

You need to re-read the post

nice joke. I will fix it.

You are not the man who can charge me with this. We're both talkative.

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so that was just "a part" of your message? 

Edited by Guadana

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

No. It was a part of his "massage"

You need to re-read the post

English isnt his main language, he wrote like 78,000 words in that post, he's been a great contributor to the board and had one typo in that entire post that you needed to mock. That's kind of weak. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

You are not the man who can charge me with this.

I literally just defended you bro lol

I was not mocking you or anything. Just pointing out that it must have been a very very very long post if this was just a part of it. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

English isnt his main language, he wrote like 78,000 words in that post, he's been a great contributor to the board and had one typo in that entire post that you needed to mock. That's kind of weak. 

Agreed. Maybe like 5% of the time, it takes a minute to realize what he means, which is not bad considering English is not his language. This was not one of those times, incidentally.

Keep doing what you do, you make more sense than some of our English-speaking members anyway.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I literally just defended you bro lol

I was not mocking you or anything. Just pointing out that it must have been a very very very long post if this was just a part of it. 

That was about our similar nature. Sometimes we just want to chat.

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm more apt to take Guadana's thoughts to heart since his analysis is rather thorough.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

i don't think nationality has anything to do with anything but he's just not the type of player we need at all.

I don't get opinion at all. He is a year younger than Holtz who is billed as our future goal scored and Ecklund just outscored him in the same season whilst being a year younger. 

When he is on the ice he is constantly doing things that make you go "holy sh!t" and making plays. Every game I watched last year to see Holtz I ended up thinking how good is Ecklund.

I get the same feeling seeing him that I got watching Barzal in his draft year. Wouldn't be disappointed if we picked him at all. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't get opinion at all. He is a year younger than Holtz who is billed as our future goal scored and Ecklund just outscored him in the same season whilst being a year younger. 

When he is on the ice he is constantly doing things that make you go "holy sh!t" and making plays. Every game I watched last year to see Holtz I ended up thinking how good is Ecklund.

I get the same feeling seeing him that I got watching Barzal in his draft year. Wouldn't be disappointed if we picked him at all. 

Yeah well i agree that he's better than Holtz and feel the same way but i'm also super not high on Holtz. So that's not saying that much.

Also well my opinion is based on all the research i did on all the prospects, the type of player he's projected to be is not what i think we need and this may all be wrong at the end of the day but if our scouts think that he's worth picking above other needs that we have well wtv

to be precise. Id totally want Eklund over Holtz BUT draft either a Dman or an elite goal scorer like Guenther if we're not going to pick a dman and don't have a shot at Beniers

Edited by SterioDesign

20 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

It's amazing how opinions are all over the place with the top prospects this year.  Should be a fun 1st round.  Hopefully we select a D and that player turns into a solid top pairing guy down the road.

This is my pick

On 7/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, CarpathianForest said:

Was watching highlights of Edvinsson. That boy is large and mobile. Only drawback is he probably wouldn't jump to the Devils for a few years.

Luke wouldn't either he'll play college for the next 2 years. Power wants to go back to school too. Not sure about Clarke, but considering he went oversea this year just to keep playing i assume he'd go just about anywhere

3 minutes ago, nessus said:

My draft board 1 week out:

1. Brandt Clarke

2. Power/Hughes/Beniers/Eklund

3. Wallstedt

4. Guadana

5. Edvinsson

1. Hughes/Beniers/Eklund

2. Clarke/Power/Guenther

3. Edvinsson/Mctavish/Johnson

I really just hope they take BPA and don't get caught up in needs.

4 hours ago, nessus said:

My draft board 1 week out:

1. Brandt Clarke

2. Power/Hughes/Beniers/Eklund

3. Wallstedt

4. Guadana

5. Edvinsson

Thanks for you trust)

I dont see how Power can be available for our pick.

1. Clarke
2. Edvinsson
3. Eklund\Beiners\Wallstedt

I dont want to draft Hughes. But I think he is our pick. 

But. Year ago I was thinking Fitz would choose Rossi. I wasn't really a Holtz pick fan from the beggining, but it was a much smarter choice.

McKenzie's final rankings:

https://www.tsn.ca/owen-power-pulls-away-from-crowded-nhl-draft-field-1.1669730

image.png.0cbf259caaf13643d65932c76fb8f774.png

Clarke and L. Hughes dropped all the way to 7/8, wow.  Just one person's ranking here but I think the Bobfather generally knows his stuff and does his due diligence. 

Almost makes Luke @ 4 seem like a reach doesn't it?

20 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

McKenzie's final rankings:

https://www.tsn.ca/owen-power-pulls-away-from-crowded-nhl-draft-field-1.1669730

image.png.0cbf259caaf13643d65932c76fb8f774.png

Clarke and L. Hughes dropped all the way to 7/8, wow.  Just one person's ranking here but I think the Bobfather generally knows his stuff and does his due diligence. 

Almost makes Luke @ 4 seem like a reach doesn't it?

Unless we are resolved to draft a defenseman. If he is legit ranked 8th, I think using the 4th (Luke) to get him is not the best idea. 

Also note, Mason McTavish is not related to Craig MacTavish, former helmetless bitch for the New York Rangers.