Offseason Boredom: what was your first NJDevs post?

mfitz804

Mine was chirping at Elias for a poor shootout attempt.  What was yours?

Go into your profile, click on your activity, and go all the way back to the beginning. 

On 12/28/2013 at 8:04 PM, mfitz804 said:

Elias' shot from last night shouldn't count as an attempt. Pretty sure anyone could fire the puck directly into the goalie's chest.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crisis said:

That's fvcking hilarious.  Imagine having that era Elias or Rafalski join the team now.

Yup I showed no mercy from post #1 lol. Just one of the all time greats of our franchise lol. 

• Like 1

9/30/2005 (yikes, I was "only" 35...my daughter wouldn't be born for almost three more years):

Long-time Devil fan here...I've been going to games since I got my driver's license back on June 24, 1988.

Best moment as a Devil fan: June 24, 1995. Meadowlands. My 25th Birthday. No birthday will ever compare to that one, for obvious reasons!

Looking forward to talking Devils hockey...

In response to Derek21 (Ranger's fan that used to post here) talking about how bad Mike Milbury was: 

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that they could have had Luongo, Heatley or Gaborik, Spezza, Jokinen and Chara if they simply didn't do the Yashin and Luongo deals. Milbury's ego seems to get the best of him on draft day when he wants to make a big splash.
I know it seems like second guessing, but I remember thinking Mad Mike was out of his mind on both of those deals when they originally happened, especially the Luongo one

Oh, Derek21...remember him well.  Basically would have a meltdown and vow never to come back, then return in "I come in peace" mode, then would slowly but surely take more and more cheap shots at the Devils or their fans, eventually would get called out on it, then would come another meltdown...you could set your watch to the chain of events.  The cycle repeated itself a couple of times until he finally left for good.  I had my share of both pleasant and rather unpleasant back-and-forths with him.  His brother (94obsession, also used to post here) was a lot more even-keeled.

• Like 1

I will look later to confirm, but I'll bet it was a post defending Marty.

Dude was my "hero" growing up and I remember posters used to rip on him all the time back in the day. I'm sure I felt compelled to defend him :lol:

Oh man, I just looked at my first post.  How embarrassing.....  I feel like letting Parise go was probably the right move given how things have worked out for him, but it does dredge up some (not so great) memories.

devils26 said: 
If ever there was a time for the Devils to give out one of those 15 year contracts, Parise is the guy. I'm not holding out hope for that however.

I haven't posted before, but I really wanted to reply to this if only to reiterate. While I think that these contracts should be very few, and very far between, Parise is exactly the case where it should be employed. He's young, healthy (has he ever had a significant injury?), and the best scorer the Devil's have ever had, without exception. (If you doubt that last one, just wait, he'll blow away Johnny Mac, Elias, and our other snipers within a few years IMO). 

Lou, nail Zach down for a generation or so!!  :giggle:

• Like 1

On 10/17/2005 at 12:30 AM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Im glad the team finally realised that the play at the moment isnt good enough, shame it took being trashed by the rag$ and the canes for them to finnaly see it.

But to be honnest im glad this is happening now at the start of the season rather than half way through it when the damage would be to late to repair.

As for trading Brodeur, YOU GOTTA BE CRAZY :blink: !!!!! why make an already bad situation worse :noclue:

With customary spelling mistakes. 

• Like 1

My first post is a score prediction of a game in 2002 against Ottawa. Not that interesting. The second post on Oct. 8, 2002, is better. It's in a thread where the thread starter (#32) suggested we sign Derian Hatcher. I responded:

Derian Hatcher = overrated

Colin White is almost as good already.

That might have been a stretch. But Colin White turned out to be pretty decent!

Edited by Jerrydevil
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

Oh man, I just looked at my first post.  How embarrassing.....  I feel like letting Parise go was probably the right move given how things have worked out for him, but it does dredge up some (not so great) memories.

devils26 said: 
If ever there was a time for the Devils to give out one of those 15 year contracts, Parise is the guy. I'm not holding out hope for that however.

I haven't posted before, but I really wanted to reply to this if only to reiterate. While I think that these contracts should be very few, and very far between, Parise is exactly the case where it should be employed. He's young, healthy (has he ever had a significant injury?), and the best scorer the Devil's have ever had, without exception. (If you doubt that last one, just wait, he'll blow away Johnny Mac, Elias, and our other snipers within a few years IMO). 

Lou, nail Zach down for a generation or so!!  :giggle:

This is gold!

On 8/20/2016 at 5:40 PM, Nicomo said:

I'm a long time Devils fan from SW Ohio. I first started following them when the NHL came to Ohio with the Blue Jackets in 2000. Brodeur and Stevens were the main reason I picked the Devils as my favorite team, but I quickly became a fan of the entire organization. I go see the Devils play in Columbus as much as I can, and I had Center Ice for many years as well.

With the trade for Hall I haven't been this excited about the Devils since they landed Kovalchuk and made the Cup run in 2012. I recently found this forum and after lurking a bit I figured I'd join. I'm also planning my first trip to the Prudential Center this October to finally see a Devils home game. Can't wait for the season to start.

I couldn’t figure out how to check on mobile, but I’m pretty sure this was my first post. And well, I was right and wrong to be so excited about Hall...lol 

but hey, at the end of the day he gave us the MVP season, and what will hopefully be two key pieces going forward in Mercer and Big Bahl. 

On 12/20/2009 at 6:31 PM, SterioDesign said:

Alright haha i've been lurking on this forum everyday for a long time without saying a word haha i guess it's time to step in :P

pretty excited for tonights game with Cormier/Henrique going against Tedenby/Josefson

i'm from Moncton, New-Brunswick and a Devils fan since im 8 years old... (now 25) so its kinda cool to see homeboy Cormier wearing the C for my country and that he's going to be a part of the Devils eventually

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, '7' said:

This isn't the first NJDevs message board. I believe it's the...3rd? Some here come from NJ.com New Jersey Devils, and nobody is ever finding those posts from 98-99

We can only do what we can do, my man. It’s still entertaining when there’s literally nothing else to do here. 

22 minutes ago, '7' said:

This isn't the first NJDevs message board. I believe it's the...3rd? Some here come from NJ.com New Jersey Devils, and nobody is ever finding those posts from 98-99

I obviously joined WAY after those days, but iirc; a while ago someone posted an archive of the old forum, it was so cool to read the ancient texts

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
Syntax

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I obviously joined WAY after those days, but iirc; a while ago someone posted an archive of the old forum, it was so cool to read the ancient texts

I had some fun re-reading some of the Hall of Fame threads today. I especially enjoyed guys who were upset when they thought that Matthias Tedenby was part of the Kovalchuk trade, like he was too much to lose lol.