Scotty Goes, Episode 1 (Gomez interviews Brodeur)

aylbert

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

To be honest i also wondered the same thing reading that line (i kind of understood what he meant cause my english is obviously terrible so i can always kind of understand what someone is trying to say in english), went and read through more of his posts and didn't pick up on anything suggesting he wasn't english though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

To be honest i also wondered the same thing reading that line (i kind of understood what he meant cause my english is obviously terrible so i can always kind of understand what someone is trying to say in english), went and read through more of his posts and didn't pick up on anything suggesting he wasn't english though

Your English is always better than that post…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Sometimes your syntax seems odd, and it looks like you have a hard time recognizing sarcasm sometimes; that's all

It very possible that I do have trouble with sarcasm. Thank you. I am 85 years old. Spend 85% of my time in bed due to severe back problems. I can't have surgery because I wouldn't survive it. So I enjoy sports on TV, most everything but baseball. Thank you everyone for your interest in me.

Have a nice day. Happy Fathers day to those of you that are fathers. To those that are not, get a pet. 

• Like 3

Glad I gave you something interesting to do. 

18 minutes ago, MB3 said:

well that took a turn. 

what 85 year old doesn’t like baseball?! 

This one, it isn't that I don't like it that much, I watch the playoffs. For me, there is too little action. I like golf, tennis, my favorite Football, second favorite Hockey, basketball and soccer. What do you like?

Edited by Brewskies
  • Like 1

Devils hockey numero uno 

Patriots football and Mets baseball second, but finding MLB in general more difficult to watch…way too many strikeouts now, lack of fundamentals, etc.

Hoops never did much for me…but when the Nets used to play their home games at Rutgers (prior to BBA being completed), my dad used to take me and my bro to a fair amount of their games.  They were pretty bad then…think maybe they won once or twice out of all of the games we went to.

We also went to a lot of NY Cosmos games in the late 70s - early 80s.  It was a lot of fun back then, but I find soccer to be a flawed game…way too many games end 1-0…not nearly enough legit scoring chances, players always acting like they’ve been shot whenever someone collides with them, a running clock with time added on at the end…then the game just sorta ends.  

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

i like turtles.

college basketball is number one for me. then hockey, baseball, nfl are all on the next tier. 

college football a tier below that, next to golf. golf more and more lately as i’ve been playing a ton. 

huge gap, and then NBA, tennis, whatever else.

i like turtles GIF

Then hockey...    next tier, football.      Nothing else, except maybe NCAA Wrestling - but only because I wrestled in college.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Is there more action in golf than baseball?

For me, since I was a golfer, and golf a lot, yes. Downhill  skiing was a sport I participated in quite a bit but racing wasn't my thing. I started skiing at 55 and skied 23 years straight, 100 day minimum per year. Just for the enjoyment. 

Edited by Brewskies
  • Like 1

I only watch and follow hockey. I like playing most sports but i wouldnt watch anymore.

I may watch something else if i'm somewhere with the boys and MMA or wtv is on tv but thats it.

I did play a lot of soccer and it was a big part of my life but i can't stand watching it anymore with all the diving. 

I much prefer dig and watch movies or tv series that ive never seen than watching other sports

• Like 1

I only watch and follow hockey. I like playing most sports but I wouldnt watch anymore.

I may watch something else if i'm somewhere with the boys and MMA or wtv is on tv but thats it.

I did play a lot of soccer and it was a big part of my life but i can't stand watching it anymore with all the diving. 

I much prefer dig and watch movies or tv series that I've never seen than watching other sports

I understand your point about watching, say, soccer and the changes in the game that are spoiling the sport as a viewer. I feel that way about most sports, but I still watch. The biggest change for me is mostly the NBA. In my days in Boston, I was a Celtics fan big time from 1957 to 1967, then I left Boston because of the job, but that sport has changed, IMO, so much for the worse. Because of my medical situation and the invention of the DVR, I am entirely into TV series and movies. The TV consumes 10 hours of my day at least, everyday.

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils hockey numero uno 

Patriots football and Mets baseball second, but finding MLB in general more difficult to watch…way too many strikeouts now, lack of fundamentals, etc.

Hoops never did much for me…but when the Nets used to play their home games at Rutgers (prior to BBA being completed), my dad used to take me and my bro to a fair amount of their games.  They were pretty bad then…think maybe they won once or twice out of all of the games we went to.

We also went to a lot of NY Cosmos games in the late 70s - early 80s.  It was a lot of fun back then, but I find soccer to be a flawed game…way too many games end 1-0…not nearly enough legit scoring chances, players always acting like they’ve been shot whenever someone collides with them, a running clock with time added on at the end…then the game just sorta ends.  

Wow, a Patriots football fan. I was one of the original season ticket holder for the Boston Patriots. Football is my favorite sport and the NE Patriots are my favorite football team. I watch most football games, regardless of the teams playing, I can't say the same of other team sports. After the Patriots, my teams are the Boston Bruins, NJ Devils, Boston Celtics, and the Red Sox.

I also took my son to the Cosmos games when Pele played for them. They were enjoyable games to be at and follow. 

I know you are a fisherman when I was in Maine skiing, I took two years off from golf and fished with a guy who fished 24/7. We were in rivers at dawn, to ponds and lakes and streams at the end of the day. I was never good at fly fishing, I could do it but not well, but he was an artist with that homemade fly. I stopped because I couldn't keep up with him, age was a factor, and I wanted to get back to golf every day. 

I.... I don't know what to say.

This thread went from mild piss taking and mockery into a very civil and pleasant conversation with people sharing interests and learning about each other. 

Maybe things are changing. 

Well done, well done everyone. Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I.... I don't know what to say.

This thread went from mild piss taking and mockery into a very civil and pleasant conversation with people sharing interests and learning about each other. 

Maybe things are changing. 

Well done, well done everyone. Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Hey fvck off England.  You coming to my party in two weeks?  Yeah, didn't think so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

what's your handicap? 

It was a ligit 9 established by the PGA. I played golf on some tough courses, two I was a member of, Sugarloaf CG in Maine and Bamm Hollow in NJ, probably played 200 days a year, skied 100 days all after reaching 55 years old. 

Do you play?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brewskies said:

It was a ligit 9 established by the PGA. I played golf on some tough courses, two I was a member of, Sugarloaf CG in Maine and Bamm Hollow in NJ, probably played 200 days a year, skied 100 days all after reaching 55 years old. 

Do you play?

That’s awesome. Been playing golf since I was 12, so 30 years. I still suck though. I shoot in the mid to high 90’s on a very, very good day lol. I don’t practice enough and I could probably use another lesson or two.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1