Scotty Goes, Episode 1 (Gomez interviews Brodeur)

aylbert

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s awesome. Been playing golf since I was 12, so 30 years. I still suck though. I shoot in the mid to high 90’s on a very, very good day lol. I don’t practice enough and I could probably use another lesson or two.

Ditto.  But I do love drinking beers and smoking cigars with the homies.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Man I went from shooting 115-120 every time out and losing 10 golf balls a round to shooting low-80s, occasionally breaking 80, playing with 1-or-2 balls on an incredibly tough golf course after two months worth of really, really good golf lessons and a ton of practice. Not everything in life is one of those "if you put in the work you get the reward", I know that, but golf is absolutely one of those things. 

That’s the thing- I’ve never cared enough to put in the time it takes to reach that point. I love playing golf. I’m not much for practicing though lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

200 days a year is a lot of golf. Damn. 

I played a little in HS (caddied at Hollywood Golf Club in Deal NJ for 8 years) and picked it back up with the pandemic. Since then, i’ve joined a CC down here in florida and play twice a week, practice 3 or 4 days a week. 

took a while to get grooved again but i’m playing off an 12.2 right now. not amazing by any stretch but I’d consider myself a pretty solid golfer. The goal is to be a single digit capper by the end of the year.  

It sounds like you are on the right path. If you can get that handicap under 10, and it is honest, you could have some fun in local tournaments. I did that in Jersey, Bamm Hollow club tournaments on the weekends with a partner or partners, and we did some State tournaments. We actually won one, a NJ State 5 person best ball, went to Florida, and lost. It was lots of fun. Local or club tournaments, one on one, were fun as well, especially when you made the other guy putt out and no mulligans. Like I said I played about 200 days a year and usually practiced an hour before each game putting, driver and 5 iron and on some days and hour after just hitting a 7 iron. Enjoy your golf.

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s awesome. Been playing golf since I was 12, so 30 years. I still suck though. I shoot in the mid to high 90’s on a very, very good day lol. I don’t practice enough and I could probably use another lesson or two.

I practiced before every game for an hour and took lessons for a hour every Thursday morning at 8 AM from mid May and to the end of June.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

200 days a year is a lot of golf. Damn. 

I played a little in HS (caddied at Hollywood Golf Club in Deal NJ for 8 years) and picked it back up with the pandemic. Since then, i’ve joined a CC down here in florida and play twice a week, practice 3 or 4 days a week. 

took a while to get grooved again but i’m playing off an 12.2 right now. not amazing by any stretch but I’d consider myself a pretty solid golfer. Goal is to be a single digit capper by the end of the year.  

I presently live in Ocean Township not far from the Hollywood club off of West Park Ave. I played that course many times, I knew one of the assistant Pro. I started playing golf at 55 just like I did with downhill skiing. I put in a lot of time learning both sports, golf is much harder to stay consistent. One day you shoot a 72, and say you got it and then for me I was back to shooting around 80. I enjoyed the walk as well. 

Is anyone else a bit annoyed that in the first video it is clear that Marty is living in St. Louis.  Dude spends a lifetime in NJ but goes to St. Louis for 12 seconds and settles there?  

EDIT: okay, yes, the FO work.  Still, screw St. Louis.  I love NJ…. 

Edited by AEWHistory

3 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

Is Brodeur still with the Blues org?  Is anyone else a bit annoyed that in the first video it is clear that Marty is living in St. Louis.  Dude spends a lifetime in NJ but goes to St. Louis for 12 seconds and settles there?  Maybe it was because of his FO work afterward, but it’d been nice to think of the Devils greats being in NJ to be involved somehow…. I don’t even know how, it just irritates me he is out in St. Louis.

Marty works in the Devils FO. Has for a few years now. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Marty works in the Devils FO. Has for a few years now. 

Thanks very much.  Yea, I should keep up on these things but I really don’t.  Too busy with kids and health problems.  (Having a harder and harder time breathing and doctors insist this is important.)  Anyway, it was sort of a knee jerk reaction without really watching much of the video.  Still couldn’t live in St. Louis.  I spent two year in Champaign-Urbana.  Leaving was kind of like getting released from a prison of cornfields.

FYI, Nicomo was responding to my original message, before I edited it.

Edited by AEWHistory

6 hours ago, AEWHistory said:

Thanks very much.  Yea, I should keep up on these things but I really don’t.  Too busy with kids and health problems.  (Having a harder and harder time breathing and doctors insist this is important.)  Anyway, it was sort of a knee jerk reaction without really watching much of the video.  Still couldn’t live in St. Louis.  I spent two year in Champaign-Urbana.  Leaving was kind of like getting released from a prison of cornfields.

FYI, Nicomo was responding to my original message, before I edited it.

Not sure why “breathing” or “medical problems” would be more important than knowing where retired players from a hockey team live and work, but ok. 

😉

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not sure why “breathing” or “medical problems” would be more important than knowing where retired players from a hockey team live and work, but ok. 

😉

IKR!  My priorities are clearly all askew.  But you try telling doctors that and they look at you like you’re the one with the problem.  😋

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, Brewskies said:

It very possible that I do have trouble with sarcasm. Thank you. I am 85 years old. Spend 85% of my time in bed due to severe back problems. I can't have surgery because I wouldn't survive it. So I enjoy sports on TV, most everything but baseball. Thank you everyone for your interest in me.

Have a nice day. Happy Fathers day to those of you that are fathers. To those that are not, get a pet. 

Wait a sec... is that you?   GetReal?  I’ve think he’d be damm close to 90 if not already. I have been hoping he’s alive and well.  Or were you being funny?