My new project: NJ Devils Goalie Puck Collection

mfitz804

36 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Turns out the one that was at the prospect camp had to dress once, but didn't get any ice time.

They do fall just outside my scope. I want to keep it at least a little limited, otherwise I’ll have pucks all over the damn place!!

Right now, with two cases, I have 60 slots, which should more than last me until the point I get bored. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 11:34 AM, SterioDesign said:

Oui oui oui

Not sure if its confirmed that this is his daughter though, i've been digging but couldn't confirm.

@mfitz804 IF this girl is indeed Samuel's daughter, i found a woman on fb who knew her and had a group to help in for the canadian idol run and did 2 musicals with her and appear to know her mom. So that'd be a connection to maybe finding the dad.

@SterioDesign, I do not have a Facebook account, but can you send me whatever info you may have found? I want to try to reach out to that woman to see if I can make contact that way. 

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

@SterioDesign, I do not have a Facebook account, but can you send me whatever info you may have found? I want to try to reach out to that woman to see if I can make contact that way. 

Yes! i will put this on my to-do list. I've had quite a rushy week but i'll get to it haha

Paydirt! Been stalking an eBay seller who has been listing lots of signed Devils pucks. I just had a feeling. And then tonight, at the intermission of my daughter’s show, he listed two JF Damphousse pucks. It was listed, I made an offer, it was accepted, and I paid, all within about 3 minutes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Paydirt! Been stalking an eBay seller who has been listing lots of signed Devils pucks. I just had a feeling. And then tonight, at the intermission of my daughter’s show, he listed two JF Damphousse pucks. It was listed, I made an offer, it was accepted, and I paid, all within about 3 minutes. 

Congrats, that's nice.

58 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

Congrats, that's nice.

Thanks, just one of those things where it paid to be persistent. 

I made an offer rather than just buying at the asking price because I figured the number of people looking for a JF Damphousse puck was probably small, and he had two of them posted. Glad I did because I got it significantly below asking price. 

I have that and one other en route, so shortly aI will be down to 8. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 2:13 PM, mfitz804 said:

Thanks, just one of those things where it paid to be persistent. 

I made an offer rather than just buying at the asking price because I figured the number of people looking for a JF Damphousse puck was probably small, and he had two of them posted. Glad I did because I got it significantly below asking price. 

I have that and one other en route, so shortly aI will be down to 8. 

That is awesome, not getting it cheaper but that is good, but rather getting down to 8. The last 8 will be a challenge, but I have faith in your sticktoitiveness. I wish you the best as always. Later.

10 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

That is awesome, not getting it cheaper but that is good, but rather getting down to 8. The last 8 will be a challenge, but I have faith in your sticktoitiveness. I wish you the best as always. Later.

Of the remaining ones, I have feelers out to 7 of 8, one (Aaron Dell) is signed in Buffalo so I should be able to send one to him there. Only Sam St. Laurent remains as someone I haven’t been able to contact nor find a current address for. 

4 of those 7, I just found addresses and sent them pucks with return envelopes hoping that they would do it. I haven’t heard from those guys and I suspect I will not get them back. My record on sending out pucks without discussing with the player and actually getting something back is two out of six. 

Appreciate the well wishes, I plan on getting this collection done, not sure when or how, but I suspect persistence will be part of it. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 2:13 PM, mfitz804 said:

Just curious, what's a JF Damphouuse signed puck go for... 10 bucks?

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Just curious, what's a JF Damphouuse signed puck go for... 10 bucks?

Listed for $25, I offered $15 and it was  immediately accepted. 

A blank puck costs about $10 at retail. Shipping back-and-forth to Canada, around 25 bucks. And that’s if he returns it. Paying $15 (plus US shipping) with a guarantee of receiving it worked for me. However, in retrospect, I possibly could’ve gotten it lower based on how quickly he accepted.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crisis said:

Where is he on vacation?

He didn’t say. I didn’t ask, I just told him to enjoy it. 

8 hours ago, Crisis said:

Or she?  Found this on shesahomewrecker.com

image.thumb.png.22eb41a1ffb4857f43762c68d0eba6e8.png

He (she?) didn’t specifically say he was THAT Lindsay, so it’s entirely possible that woman is the one who is going to sign a puck for me. Once she gets back from “vacation”. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

At this point, I’ll take it. Anyone want to pretend to be Sam St. Laurent?

My last name is Lorentz, so I'd do it so long as everyone here calls me "Staint Lorentz" for the rest of my time here

I meant "SAINT" but goddamn that typo is too good to fix

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

My last name is Lorentz, so I'd do it so long as everyone here calls me "Staint Lorentz" for the rest of my time here

I meant "SAINT" but goddamn that typo is too good to fix

And just like that, your new nickname is Taint Lorentz. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

And just like that, your new nickname is Taint Lorentz. 

And his partner's name is Chest Rockwell!

Reed Rothchild as Chest Rockwell (John C. Reilly) in "Brock Landers: Angels  Live in My Town" | Boogie nights, My town, Rockwell

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2