My new project: NJ Devils Goalie Puck Collection

mfitz804

Man, all I gotta say is even if you never track down those last five…you did a hell of a job!  Truly.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man, all I gotta say is even if you never track down those last five…you did a hell of a job!  Truly.

I'm not giving up, its not gonna be easy (Kampurri in Finland, especially), but I am going to do whatever I can to try to get it done. 

The thing that irks me most is 2 out of the five are in the US, I should be able to get those easily, but that hasn't happened. I may be getting to the point where I am getting annoying, if they are seeing and ignoring my requests. 

But as anyone who reads my NJDevs posts knows, I could really give a sh!t if I'm annoying lol. 

On 9/8/2021 at 4:56 PM, mfitz804 said:

I'm not giving up, its not gonna be easy (Kampurri in Finland, especially), but I am going to do whatever I can to try to get it done. 

The thing that irks me most is 2 out of the five are in the US, I should be able to get those easily, but that hasn't happened. I may be getting to the point where I am getting annoying, if they are seeing and ignoring my requests. 

But as anyone who reads my NJDevs posts knows, I could really give a sh!t if I'm annoying lol. 

Understood but when you want something as you know this attitude won't work. Congrats mfitz804 on your accomplishments to date with this hobby.

46 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

Understood but when you want something as you know this attitude won't work. Congrats mfitz804 on your accomplishments to date with this hobby.

Yeah I know. I’m nowhere near as abrasive as I am here, I save that for you guys.

I just posted that for the 4 guys other than Aaron Dell, I’ll pay a $25 finders fee to whomever gives me the info that leads to my obtaining a signed puck. I’m kind of out of ideas, so I figured I would see if anyone else is more resourceful. 

22 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I know. I’m nowhere near as abrasive as I am here, I save that for you guys.

I just posted that for the 4 guys other than Aaron Dell, I’ll pay a $25 finders fee to whomever gives me the info that leads to my obtaining a signed puck. I’m kind of out of ideas, so I figured I would see if anyone else is more resourceful. 

Worth the try, today $25 isn't much. Wouldn't it be worth a $100/each to you to get what you need? BTW where did you post your offer? Good luck. 

21 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

Worth the try, today $25 isn't much. Wouldn't it be worth a $100/each to you to get what you need? BTW where did you post your offer? Good luck. 

No, it wouldn’t be worth $100 each for me. I have already spent significant money and someone resourceful could find me 4 pucks and make $100 sitting at home. I don’t expect anyone will actually take me up on it (especially given that my blog is read by like 6-10 people), but the offer is there. 

I posted the offer on my blog, http://www.thepuckproject.com

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Got contacted by the MSG Network today, asking me if I am interested in working with them and having the puck project appear on air in the upcoming season. 

That's awesome!  If anything they might be able to help you track down the remaining ones (as part of the story).

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You are probably right, but I am also 99% sure I have zero interest in talking about my collection on TV. 

Yeah safe to say that's a gamechanger.

On 9/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, mfitz804 said:

Got contacted by the MSG Network today, asking me if I am interested in working with them and having the puck project appear on air in the upcoming season. 

Congrats. That's exciting, please keep me posted because I am interested.  Maybe? .....I knew a guy when....NOW look at him.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

“I know that dude, he’s a fvcking weirdo!l”

Seriously, he gives the board mfitz!

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, mfitz804 said:

Got a second email from a production company looking to incorporate my collection into one of those fan commercials, exactly what I don’t want. 

I replied to both today and politely declined. 

Hey I thought I might be able to try to help you get a needed puck because I have so much idle time in bed but I just got another negative medical report that will cause me to be sleeping more because of pain meds, while in bed. Not what I wanted, but it is what it is. Sorry. I think you will get all of them, I hope you do. Later

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

Hey I thought I might be able to try to help you get a needed puck because I have so much idle time in bed but I just got another negative medical report that will cause me to be sleeping more because of pain meds, while in bed. Not what I wanted, but it is what it is. Sorry. I think you will get all of them, I hope you do. Later

most importantly hoping you start to feel better!

2 hours ago, Brewskies said:

Sorry to hear that my man, feel better!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If you’re a few pucks short, I can’t imagine a better possible resource than MSG and a segment during a Devils game that might unearth a friend of a friend of a friend who can get you the pucks you need to fill it out.

Trust me, I know that. It’s just not me. I keep my internet and real life very separate. Truthfully, I’m a little weirded out they even contacted me.