My new project: NJ Devils Goalie Puck Collection

mfitz804

7 hours ago, Brewskies said:

Good move, keep us posted.

I guess we’ll see. That technique has had a somewhat low success rate thus far (I’m 1 for 4), but I don’t know what else I can do short of hiring someone in NC to stalk him with a puck and a sharpie. 

Which I’m not above doing. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess we’ll see. That technique has had a somewhat low success rate thus far (I’m 1 for 4), but I don’t know what else I can do short of hiring someone in NC to stalk him with a puck and a sharpie. 

Which I’m not above doing. 

i could maybe photoshop him doing something highly illegal or highly embarrassing so you can blackmail him? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I 1000% just found Chad Erickson’s wife using my new Facebook account and messaged her. She hasn’t posted since September 15 so she is not a frequent user. 

Maybe she switched to Insta? Or Snapchat? Quick set up more accounts. 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Do you know if or do you think Chad Erickson is the guy I found on FB?

I’m trying to decide. The guy I found is definite, wife has the same name and they live in his hometown, and I read an article from a few years ago that said he moved back there after playing. The pictures of him on her account are old. 

One look at the 2019 picture and it’s obviously him. The 2020 picture, his face looks a little rounder, and in your picture, he is clearly significantly heavier. But, it was Covid and a lot of people put on weight sitting around. I do note, between your picture and the 2019 picture, his beard is gray in the same place, not that a lot of people don’t go gray that way. 

Could all 4 of these pictures be the same guy?

46E91BB3-5BCD-42CC-A8D2-4E3BCD37B69B.jpeg

Edited by mfitz804

On 10/8/2021 at 8:20 PM, mfitz804 said:

I’m trying to decide. The guy I found is definite, wife has the same name and they live in his hometown, and I read an article from a few years ago that said he moved back there after playing. The pictures of him on her account are old. 

One look at the 2019 picture and it’s obviously him. The 2020 picture, his face looks a little rounder, and in your picture, he is clearly significantly heavier. But, it was Covid and a lot of people put on weight sitting around. I do note, between your picture and the 2019 picture, his beard is gray in the same place, not that a lot of people don’t go gray that way. 

Could all 4 of these pictures be the same guy?

46E91BB3-5BCD-42CC-A8D2-4E3BCD37B69B.jpeg

Hmm, I'm a pretty bad judge at these things... I'm the type of person that when a baby is born and everyone says "oh wow, he has your eyes, and her nose", I just look at the baby and think it's cute but have no idea whose features it has from which parent.  To me, it's so tiny and you can't tell anything yet (unless of course it's really, REALLY obvious, and the parents have significantly different features/characteristics )

In the pictures above, I can kind of see in 2019 the same nose and also facial hair/color, and like you said perhaps he put on some weight in 2020 which is why the picture I found he's definitely "rounder".  Even in the 2020 picture you got he also sort of looks the same. But...who knows, it could all just be coincidence.  7.5 billion people on this planet, there's bound to be a lot of similarities. Like I said, I'm a terrible judge at these things lol.

I just hope you are able to find the guy, and that he signs a puck for you, regardless of how that happens.

Edited by NJDfan1711

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Good news on the puck front, I went on Facebook and found not one but two Shulmistra pucks that collectors had and were willing to sell. I bought the better looking of the two. 

I will be down to three when that arrives. 

That's awesome.  Just curious, do these pucks that you're getting from people have COA's, or any kind of back story that might legitimize the signatures?

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's awesome.  Just curious, do these pucks that you're getting from people have COA's, or any kind of back story that might legitimize the signatures?

Some do, some don’t. I’m pretty good at matching them up with known legit examples, I have a little bit of training in that field. This one, though, comes from someone who was goalie coached by Shulmistra and had other signed items from him as well. 

I would note also, the two different ones I found also matched each other. I’m also pretty confident nobody is faking a Richard Shulmistra puck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Some do, some don’t. I’m pretty good at matching them up with known legit examples, I have a little bit of training in that field. This one, though, comes from someone who was goalie coached by Shulmistra and had other signed items from him as well. 

I would note also, the two different ones I found also matched each other. I’m also pretty confident nobody is faking a Richard Shulmistra puck. 

Imagine if that was your criminal enterprise, faking the signatures of obscure NHL goaltenders for profit. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Imagine if that was your criminal enterprise, faking the signatures of obscure NHL goaltenders for profit. 

They could currently defraud about $120 out of me. With three remaining, I’m going to look at the signatures but maybe not that closely lol. 

• Haha 1

So, once I finish the goalies (wishful thinking), and finish the captains, I will have 5 slots empty in my puck cases. Trying to decide who to fill that with. Maybe some “ring of honor” type guys, Brylin, Zajac etc? Or do I go prospects, Mercer, Holtz, etc?

Again, even if you NEVER track down those final three pucks...excellent excellent work.  You did a hell of a job.  

• Like 4

Or just go for the most random thing you can like get  someone like.... Gary bettman,  Jack Black or Barbara Streisand to sign a Devils puck lol

My buddy that i go to conventions with usually was wondering what he should get signed by a guest (i forgot who), and i just suggested something insanely unrelated as a random curveball and he was like "this makes no sense at all!" and i was like "I know but.... who else would own that!?!"

And it started a whole inside joke between us to come up with the most ridiculous combinations of stuff... Like for example a Mary Poppins bag replica signed by Will Smith.... or a Jason mask signed by Betty White..... "Who else would have that?!" lol