My new project: NJ Devils Goalie Puck Collection

mfitz804

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m crushed, quite literally. 

Today I got a package that for a split second appeared to be a puck being returned by Hannu Kamppuri. After wishful thinking subsided, I noticed that in fact it was the package I sent to Hannu in Finland on July 22 of last year, being returned for non-delivery. 

I guess I can be thankful to get my puck, case and sharpie back, softens the loss a little. And, he didn’t ignore my request, so that’s good. 

As noted in my first sentence above, the box is a little worse for wear. 

2FBCC686-B0E7-4902-B22E-ED2FAB7972E8.jpeg

I think what really happened was that package was delivered to you in perfect condition. You thought it was a new puck. And when you realised it was a return the package suffered the consequences. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think what really happened was that package was delivered to you in perfect condition. You thought it was a new puck. And when you realised it was a return the package suffered the consequences. 

In retrospect, the puck and case is about $15, $2 for a sharpie...I got back $17 today. Lessens the hit, I think the postage on that one was like $22 on top of that. 

Would have been cooler if it was my signed puck coming back, obviously. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

In retrospect, the puck and case is about $15, $2 for a sharpie...I got back $17 today. Lessens the hit, I think the postage on that one was like $22 on top of that. 

Would have been cooler if it was my signed puck coming back, obviously. 

Have you delved into this?   Not sure how common a name his is, but it's a business about "Recreation"...........  and there's a business address

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.hannu_kamppuri.673dda117ec22cb5111dca28cd743982.html

Then saw this....someone else was searching for him (maybe you) and someone posted this, but it's a decade ago

Hannu Kamppuri
Vaarnatie 2 H
37130 NOKIA
Finland

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The Finland address I used was only from like a year ago, which is disconcerting. It definitely feels like maybe I am going to have to just be happy with what I have and keep searching. 

So you tried those?

Do we have any Finnish members on this board? Wondering the best way to send money to get this thing sent back if I do send it out. The last one I just winged it with a note that asked him to contact me so I can send money for return shipping. Would be better to make it as easy as possible. Inside the US its easy to do a return envelope, outside, not so much. 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just hope Fitz (or whoever the GM is) works as hard in trying to find a goalie as you do tracking down goalie picks.  

From your keyboard to G-d’s ears…..

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Do we have any Finnish members on this board? Wondering the best way to send money to get this thing sent back if I do send it out. The last one I just winged it with a note that asked him to contact me so I can send money for return shipping. Would be better to make it as easy as possible. Inside the US its easy to do a return envelope, outside, not so much. 

You might have better on HF boards, they definitely have some Finnish members over there, especially if you post in the main board or the international sections. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Noticed that one of the Refs in the playoffs was called Francois St Lauren. I imagine it's a common name , but worth a shot? Could be a relative? 

It seems to be a very common name, but I will investigate, thanks. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very disappointed today. Back in November I got what I was told was a good address for Hannu Kamppuri in Finland. So I packed up a puck, marker, and some cash for return shipping (which I don’t even know if a Finnish person would want, but I also offered to send PayPal). 

It was out for delivery in Finland last week, but today it was delivered back to me, no such person at the address. 

I suppose I should be happy that I got back my puck, marker and cash, but I was really hoping this one would work out. 

The list remains at two. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1