Jump to content

My new project: NJ Devils Goalie Puck Collection


mfitz804
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

Anyone have a big enough set of balls to try to text or call Chad Erickson for me? I found a phone number but I have already tried to contact him a few times by mail and I am afraid to take the next step. 

Get me the puck and there’s a cash reward…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Anyone know if we have ever dressed an emergency backup goalie previously? I feel like it may have happened another time but I don’t recall. 

Trying to decide if maybe I expand the collection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rock said:

back in the early 80's didn't bob hoffmeyer then an assistant coach suit up as an emergency goalie? I'm not sure if he did for the Devils or the minor league team at the time.

I don’t see anything saying he did it for the Devils. 

In any event, I messaged Adam Shapiro on Instagram to see if he would be willing to sign one. Why the fvck not??

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t see anything saying he did it for the Devils. 

In any event, I messaged Adam Shapiro on Instagram to see if he would be willing to sign one. Why the fvck not??

What does Adam Shapiro have to do with this project? He's an actor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2021 at 4:22 PM, mfitz804 said:

Anyone have balls enough to try to call Chad Erickson on the phone? I found a telephone number but I'm too chickensh!t to call it. 

You know what you want; you know this game. Only you can make this call. What's the big deal? It's not like someone will come after you and kill you. Go for it. Take one for the team (you are the team). We are along for the ride. What do you think? I will make the call if you won't, but I will sound like a joke saying I am calling for a collector who is too afraid to call. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Brewskies said:

You know what you want; you know this game. Only you can make this call. What's the big deal? It's not like someone will come after you and kill you. Go for it. Take one for the team (you are the team). We are along for the ride. What do you think? I will make the call if you won't, but I will sound like a joke saying I am calling for a collector who is too afraid to call. 

You’re not wrong. I’ll have to try. I appreciate the encouragement. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Some grade A motivational speaking right there. You can always hope it goes to voicemail and you can leave a message. 

I have to do something, I’m getting bored and there’s only a few left. I even added Kyle Shapiro to my list. He didn’t play, but he dressed, maybe that’s good enough.

that will open up the door to other guys who may have backed up but never played. Ari Ahonen is one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mfitz804 if you don't want to use Chad Erickson's phone number a possible alternative could be to see if you can contact Minnesota Duluth's Alumni department and see if he is a member, and if so would they be willing to send something on for you? 

They wouldnt have to give you his address or anything so No GDPR issue. But it may be more wasted postage and pucks. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

@mfitz804 if you don't want to use Chad Erickson's phone number a possible alternative could be to see if you can contact Minnesota Duluth's Alumni department and see if he is a member, and if so would they be willing to send something on for you? 

They wouldnt have to give you his address or anything so No GDPR issue. But it may be more wasted postage and pucks. 

Not a bad idea, worth a try. I’ve already wasted quite a few dollars and pucks. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Nothing is ever wasted when you're having fun 💫

Very true. I expect I will up my efforts to find Kyle Shapiro once work gets a little easier overwhelming. So far he has not responded to my Instagram message (not has he posted since I sent it). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Holy sh!tballs, anyone think that Chad Erickson would send me back a signed puck 7 months later?? I sure didn’t. He included a handwritten note apologizing for the delay, congratulating me on the collection, and wishing me luck in getting it completed. 

And then there were two. 

 

22E72793-ACA4-4DA9-873B-A1A6B544ACC3.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's really friggin' awesome mfitz!  Happy as hell for ya man. 

So remind me...who's left?    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's really friggin' awesome mfitz!  Happy as hell for ya man. 

So remind me...who's left?    

 

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Hannu Kamppuri and Sam St. Laurent i believe

 

Those are the two.

I have someone at the Finnish Hockey Hall Of Fame trying to assist me with Kamppuri. St Laurent remains a complete phantom lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Awesome news and at least ya didn't have to call him lol

I called and texted, no response to either. Either bad numbers or he finally said "I better send that thing back so this guy leaves me alone". 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.