Devils re-sign Siegenthaler to a 2 year deal

Chimaira_Devil_#9

8 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

One for the protected list for the expansion draft.

Actually, giving him a contract allows him to meet the exposure requirement if the Devils choose to protect Subban, Severson and Butcher.  But I think you are probably right, I doubt they protect Butcher over Siegs.

image.png.c0a08048bf84fb2a8eb7ccebb7a5490a.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Actually, giving him a contract allows him to meet the exposure requirement if the Devils choose to protect Subban, Severson and Butcher.  But I think you are probably right, I doubt they protect Butcher over Siegs.

Or maybe they protect butcher knowing Subban won’t get claimed on his contract?

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Or maybe they protect butcher knowing Subban won’t get claimed on his contract?

Maybe.  I could see Seattle scooping him up to help hit the cap floor and bring a "hype man" to the franchise.  Someone to market out of the gate.

But I do think the Devils value Subban enough to protect him.  He fills a hole at RD and will garner a not nothing package at the trade deadline if he doesn't re sign. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I HOPE they will not protect Butcher and will put chocolate cream on him. If Seattle will take Butcher - that will be great for our organisation.

• Haha 1

Most teams have their share of meh signings like this.  Not going to make too much out of it.  

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I was being sarcasm. Guadana taught me about it

Wasn't responding to you directly...I'm sure that some people are already thinking that the offseason will consist of a bunch of moves like this, and that this is just the beginning of a series of "blah" moves.  We know as a kid on Xmas morning, you get your fair share of "great, another pair of socks" presents.  That's what signings like Wedge and Siegen-whatever represent.  But you know that other presents are waiting to be unwrapped...doesn't mean they'll be exactly what was on your list, but you're not just sitting down to Xmas breakfast with only socks and undies to show for your gift stash.  

Yes! more to squeeze into that already filled socks and underwear drawer. While we continue to have plenty of room in all the other drawers and have for years.  It is true every year there's hope there's a diamond or two under the tree once the glut of socks and underwear get sorted through.

Maybe this year will be different.

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

I think he could have been exposed anyway as long as he signed with Seattle. But either way I think they fully intend to keep him , hence one for the list. 

In terms of exposing Suban and protecting Butcher, before the season I could see that, but actually based on this season's play and his mark presence I think Seattle could be tempted. They have said they are going to be a cap team. 

Will be interesting to see what they do with Ryan Murray now. I thought he was solid if unspectacular. He isn't signed, so do they just let him hit the FA market and see if they can tempt him back. 

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

I HOPE they will not protect Butcher and will put chocolate cream on him. If Seattle will take Butcher - that will be great for our organisation.

Seattle probably scrapes off the chocolate and cream and then sends him back.

19 hours ago, Guadana said:

What the….

19 hours ago, Guadana said:

Well...  yeah. I was talking about cooking an attractive cake to expose. I didnt mean... black facing or something like that. 

…. Ooooooh now it doesn’t sound really creepy at all!