Any social media experts?

mfitz804

I have embarked on a project to collect a signed goalie puck from every guy who ever played goalie for the Devils. I have created Twitter and Instagram pages to go along with it. 

I have never used social media for any purpose. I am wondering how I can “get the word out” a little.

As I see it, the key to my project will be to get as many eyes on it as I can. if anyone has any ideas how to do that, please let me know. 

The site is http://www.thepuckproject.com

8 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Its best to find other experts in the niche and either post to their posts with your question or links back to your page with a blurb.

The way I see it, I need fans to see what I am doing. Fans are going to be the inked who have stuff for me to buy. 

In a perfect world, I would be able to message the actual players and see if they would be willing to sign stuff, but that seems unlikely to happen. 

I think my target is STHs who went to signings and had stuff signed by guys that they didn’t really care about, but they had a short line so they did it anyway. 

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I find IG to be a good way to get followers pretty quickly.  Posting content (pictures) along with hashtags is a good way to get started so people can follow you.  Also following other accounts with similar interests always help.

I think that's what I will do, I haven't really been aggressive with it at all. Which shows in that I have had no success even having a conversation about the topic of my site.  I suppose if nothing else, I will post about my collection, and goalies, and I will pretend that anyone is reading lol. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that's what I will do, I haven't really been aggressive with it at all. Which shows in that I have had no success even having a conversation about the topic of my site.  I suppose if nothing else, I will post about my collection, and goalies, and I will pretend that anyone is reading lol. 

When I started my jersey IG page, I posted 1-2 jerseys a day for like a 4-6 weeks with tons of hashtags that could be connected to what it was and over time I got more followers.  A little less than 2 years later and I have over 400 followers which I think is not bad considering all it is are pics of my jerseys and nothing super compelling.

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

When I started my jersey IG page, I posted 1-2 jerseys a day for like a 4-6 weeks with tons of hashtags that could be connected to what it was and over time I got more followers.  A little less than 2 years later and I have over 400 followers which I think is not bad considering all it is are pics of my jerseys and nothing super compelling.

I put up 3 pictures today and I copied some of your hashtags lol. We’ll see what happens. I feel like eyes are what I need to try to get this project moving. Thus far, it’s a big fat waste of time lol. 

I kid, I’m actually having fun writing the blog. But the ultimate goal is filling in gaps in the collection, and that is going to be a tough road.