Off-season hockey withdrawal has started

RunninWithTheDevil

Was curious to see if anyone had any full-length games they like to re-watch on YouTube. I need my fix. I'm jonesin'

Either that, or let's talk about what we're currently streaming. Im very late to the party but I just started Letterkenny a few nights ago, pretty fvckin funny but my s/o can't get into it. 

tenor (1).gif

• Like 1

I don’t know when I would ever find the time but I’ve always wanted to go back and re-watch some of the games from about mid February to early April of 2001 where we were just mowing teams down and the A-line was in its absolute prime.  

Edited by Lateralous

14 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I don’t know when I would ever find the time but I’ve always wanted to go back and re-watch some of the games from about mid February to early April of 2001 where we were just mowing teams down and the A-line was in its absolute prime.  

From 2/26 to 4/17 of that year:

24 GP, 22-2-0 record, 105 GF, 46 GA

There's a part of me that would like to watch every single one of those games, one per day.  They were held to less than three goals for just three games during that run...and no less than two in any given game.  Obviously a lot of players were hot for this run, but Elias put up 19 G and 23 A during those 24 games (he was a +27).  Sykora missed a couple of games but he put up 12 G and 22 A in 22 GP (+17).  Arnott was good for 10 G and 12 A in 21 GP (+14)...what a slouch, heh heh. 

Can't forget Mogilny either...13 G and 14 A in 23 GP.  Gomer was good for 6 G and 14 A in 21 GP.  Rafalski put up 4 G and 16 A in his 24 GP (he was a +28).  You had guys like Brylin and McKay putting up 0.7 PPG or so.  Great times.

• Like 1

I've never really been able to sit down and watch old games. Even the Cup winners, I wind up recording them, fast forwarding to the goals, and then watching the very end. 

I am going to focus my efforts on my new collecting project and maybe that will bridge the gap. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I've never really been able to sit down and watch old games. Even the Cup winners, I wind up recording them, fast forwarding to the goals, and then watching the very end. 

I am going to focus my efforts on my new collecting project and maybe that will bridge the gap. 

If I DID actually have access to all 24 of those games...I think the fact that I don't remember all of the details of each game might make them easier to watch, start-to-finish...even though I know just about all of them are going to end in wins, not remembering exactly HOW they won will help them feel a little fresher.  Also, I get to see them in their non-Adidas jerseys, and hear what was the best goal horn in the biz...great memories.  

Not sure how long the novelty would last.  For the most part, I'm with you...I rarely watch "classic" games when they're on.  I did watch the 1995 Cup clincher with my daughter, beginning-to-end, just because I wanted her to get the full effect.

There's one regular season game that I've always wanted to see again (I was there for the actual game), but it's nowhere that I've seen.  It was this one:  

Pittsburgh Penguins at New Jersey Devils Box Score — February 5, 1994 | Hockey-Reference.com

The Devils trailed 3-1 in the first, before MacLean made it 3-2.  No goals in the second, but it was obvious that the Penguins were completely out of gas as the second period wore on...the Devils were absolutely all over them, but for a while it looked like they wouldn't break through.  They finally tied it up reasonably early in the third, but that fourth goal seemed like it somehow wouldn't happen...until it did.  And then the Devils just absolutely exploded, with less than 6 minutes left in the game...4 goals in less than 3 minutes, on the way to a 7-3 win...what I'll always remember is just as one goal was being announced, the Devils interrupted with yet another goal...it was SO "BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!" On goals six and seven, the crowd was actually laughing while cheering...the Pens just had nothing left to counter with, and they were completely helpless.  I was behind the "Penguins attack twice" goal, so I got to see every puck hit the net, but I would love to see that flurry again, from a broadcast view.  I know the Devils have had the occasional goal bursts before, but for some reason that's always been the one to stand out in my mind the most.  I went with a couple of buds, and we couldn't have been more all smiles as we left.  Scary that that was over 28 years ago now...I was friggin' 23 at the time.  

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If I DID actually have access to all 24 of those games...I think the fact that I don't remember all of the details of each game might make them easier to watch, start-to-finish...even though I know just about all of them are going to end in wins, not remembering exactly HOW they won will help them feel a little fresher.  Also, I get to see them in their non-Adidas jerseys, and hear what was the best goal horn in the biz...great memories.  

Not sure how long the novelty would last.  For the most part, I'm with you...I rarely watch "classic" games when they're on.  I did watch the 1995 Cup clincher with my daughter, beginning-to-end, just because I wanted her to get the full effect.

There's one regular season game that I've always wanted to see again (I was there for the actual game), but it's nowhere that I've seen.  It was this one:  

Pittsburgh Penguins at New Jersey Devils Box Score — February 5, 1994 | Hockey-Reference.com

The Devils trailed 3-1 in the first, before MacLean made it 3-2.  No goals in the second, but it was obvious that the Penguins were completely out of gas as the second period wore on...the Devils were absolutely all over them, but for a while it looked like they wouldn't break through.  They finally tied it up reasonably early in the third, but that fourth goal seemed like it somehow wouldn't happen...until it did.  And then the Devils just absolutely exploded, with less than 6 minutes left in the game...4 goals in less than 3 minutes, on the way to a 7-3 win...what I'll always remember is just as one goal was being announced, the Devils interrupted with yet another goal...it was SO "BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!" On goals six and seven, the crowd was actually laughing while cheering...the Pens just had nothing left to counter with, and they were completely helpless.  I was behind the "Penguins attack twice" goal, so I got to see every puck hit the net, but I would love to see that flurry again, from a broadcast view.  I know the Devils have had the occasional goal bursts before, but for some reason that's always been the one to stand out in my mind the most.  I went with a couple of buds, and we couldn't have been more all smiles as we left.  Scary that that was over 28 years ago now...I was friggin' 23 at the time.  

I cannot guarantee it, but I believe I was at that game as well. 

i remembered 3 of the 4 goal scorers at the end, the one I forgot was Alexander Semak. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1