Trade: Ryan Graves to NJ

pumpkin cutter

We have to use a protection spot for Graves now, so I wonder if this means Subban is left unprotected…..

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Don't know enough about Graves to have an opinion on this but at least he's not related to Adam. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-acquire-defenseman-ryan-graves-from-colorado/c-325666172

Just now, jagknife said:

Yeah, considering how charmin ultrasoft this team is, I’ll take a guy that’s 6’5” and willing to hit and fight.

oh and he isn’t Matt fvcking Tennyson

We're going to have a big f'ing defense in a few years.   Not sure if they can defend or make a half decent outlet pass but they will be big.    

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

We're going to have a big f'ing defense in a few years.   Not sure if they can defend or make a half decent outlet pass but they will be big.    

He hits and blocks shots, I snagged him in fantasy two seasons ago cause of it. Not that it means sh!t for us but again, it’s something to move the needle a little rather than the Colton White signing, right @MadDog2020 (I think it was you that had the initial “who gives a fvck” about the signing)

• Haha 1

Just now, jagknife said:

He hits and blocks shots, I snagged him in fantasy two seasons ago cause of it. Not that it means sh!t for us but again, it’s something to move the needle a little rather than the Colton White signing, right @MadDog2020 (I think it was you that had the initial “who gives a fvck” about the signing)

Yes, that was me 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

#savesubban

The rest of this defense is going to get exposed even worse if they have to take the minutes Subban plays and gets beat up by the fans for.    

I think (read: hope) we do something to incentivize Seattle taking Johnsson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

They might take him regardless. They could see last season as just a down year (plus he had COVID real bad). He’s a former 20 goal scorer with good advanced stats, so I could see them viewing him as the best option from us. Him or Subban. 

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I hope that's who goes as well but not sure I want to send them anything.   Other than Fitz making himself look bad, is there a reason we can't just leave Siegenthaler available?   Depending on the type of year he has, Subban is worth a late 2nd at worst and late 1st at best at the trade deadline if we're out of it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vadvlfan said:

I really doubt Kraken taking Subban, even if he's only making 2 mil in actual salary.  Because he still 9 mil against the cap. 

In would take him if I were them because of the value I think he has at the trade deadline...and he's marketable  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yes, that was me 🤣

He said it first, we were all thinking it lol. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I really doubt Kraken taking Subban, even if he's only making 2 mil in actual salary.  Because he still 9 mil against the cap. 

Unless they need to make the floor…I don’t know if that’s an issue or not, but if it is, a guy like PK who is also marketable might be the perfect selection. 

• Like 1